Nakhon Chai Air bus

gk10002000

Where is this bus station? One fellow told me it is South of Pattaya Klang Sukhumivt intersection, but I thought it was on the North Side on the East side of Sukhumvit. Can somebody please confirm? I am more confused now because one site says the buses to chiang Mai are on the south side of Pattaya Klang on Sukhumvit road but the buses to Korat are on the North side, but both say Nakhon Chai Air bus terminals. Am I just confused or did some people mis-post or are there two Nakhon Chai Terminals?

Thanks

Edited by gk10002000

Maybe they were referring to another company which just to add to the confusion is

called Nakhonchai Tour Company Limited. blink.png I'm a big fan of Nakhonchai Air and I've used them many times but I have no idea about the alternative company. I have only seen their buses on the road.

http://www.nakhonchaitour.com/nct/index.php

Edited by Asiantravel

Maybe they were referring to another company which just to add to the confusion is

called Nakhonchai Tour Company Limited. blink.png I'm a big fan of Nakhonchai Air and I've used them many times but I have no idea about the alternative company. I have only seen their buses on the road.

http://www.nakhonchaitour.com/nct/index.php

Maybe. I will mosey on up tomorrow and sort things out. The online things saying the bus destinations to Isaan are from one location while those to Chiang Mai are from the other. The similar names might be the confusion. Thanks

The last time I used a Nakhon Chai bus was about 5 years ago. I caught the bus to Surin from the bus station described by OMG (post 5).

I am almost certain that buses to Chiang Mai were leaving from there as well.

There is another bus station on the other side (west) of Sukhumvit Road, between King Power and Pattaya Klang. I'm not sure what buses operate from there.

All the Nakhonchai Air buses leave from the same terminal, whether going to Isaan or Chiang Mai. Which is the one south of Klang and before the 7-11 as you head towards Jomtien on Sukhumvit. Check the map in my early post, should be able to have a street view too.

I noticed today that the first petrol station on Sukhumvit heading North after the Pattaya Klang intersection was closed and looked boarded up. The little 407 bus station seemed to still be open on the side. But you definitely don't go inside the petrol building at the moment

I noticed today that the first petrol station on Sukhumvit heading North after the Pattaya Klang intersection was closed and looked boarded up. The little 407 bus station seemed to still be open on the side. But you definitely don't go inside the petrol building at the moment

It's been closed for some time.

I stopped into the Nakhon Air bus station on Sukhumvit. Between the ticket agent's English and my worst Thai, I was less than sure what I could buy and when it would arrive in Khorat. I think he meant I actually would be buying a ticket to Buriam and I assumed that meant I could be let off at Khorat on the way. But since I didn't need to do anything today, I instead went down to Third Road just north of Pattaya Klang and stopped in that little bus station/office. Not a lot of English was posted there except the destinations and times, so I am not sure what the name of the place or company is. Hat Yai (Hadyai) possibly. I decided to buy their VIP bus to Khorat. Morning busses leaves at 0715 andf at 1000. I chose the 1000 bus and expect to arrive in Khorat at 1530. Ticket price was 350 baht. With a stop along the way, hopefully this will be a reasonably scenic road trip as I visit a little part of Isaan for the first time.

I stopped into the Nakhon Air bus station on Sukhumvit. Between the ticket agent's English and my worst Thai, I was less than sure what I could buy and when it would arrive in Khorat. I think he meant I actually would be buying a ticket to Buriam and I assumed that meant I could be let off at Khorat on the way. But since I didn't need to do anything today, I instead went down to Third Road just north of Pattaya Klang and stopped in that little bus station/office. Not a lot of English was posted there except the destinations and times, so I am not sure what the name of the place or company is. Hat Yai (Hadyai) possibly. I decided to buy their VIP bus to Khorat. Morning busses leaves at 0715 andf at 1000. I chose the 1000 bus and expect to arrive in Khorat at 1530. Ticket price was 350 baht. With a stop along the way, hopefully this will be a reasonably scenic road trip as I visit a little part of Isaan for the first time.

I may be wrong, but I had the impression that the bus station on 3rd road only operates minivans.

Does your ticket have a seat number?

Edited to correct myself: This link to another thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/641413-i-took-a-bus-to-korat/ shows that there are full size VIP buses from 3rd road.

Edited by chickenslegs

I may be wrong, but I had the impression that the bus station on 3rd road only operates minivans.

Does your ticket have a seat number?

The bus station on Third road operates the Blue and green colored VIP buses, which goes to Ubon, and stops at probably 15 other places on the way.

Nakornchai air is much better service and make less stops, but they stop in Khorat.

Scenic...don't count it...issan is mostly a flat dry dusty plateau. For future reference, nokornchai bus has a good website...English too...with schedules and prices. They have several classes of busses, with the gold class quite nice.