Durban, South Africa

Lammbock

Hello Cummunity,

I am currently in this beautiful Country South Africa.

I am here on a Job and after I would like to take a couble of tdays off in Durban.

I never been there and I would like to know if I book a Hotel there in what area should it be located so I can enjoy the beach, shopping and night life?

I don't have a car.

Appreciate some informations.

Thank you

Well, there are hotels aplenty. It all depends on what you are wiling to pay. The north area (all the way to uMhlanga, and beyond) is nicer than the south beach, but it's also more expensive. Expect to pay ฿2500 and up per person for a double room. uMhlanga Rocks and Sands are "lekker" places, lush greens, quiet, and beautiful views.

Enjoy your time there!

By the way, been to the Drakensbergen? Lesotho? Garden route? Knysna? Plet? All areas more interesting than Durban... (But that's just my opinion ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Hi there,

In any South African city, the public transport is almost non-existent and most of the middle class drive cars. Taxis dont drive around - you have to call them; and then there is normally quite a wait until they arrive. If you are not able to rent a car, then you would be best off staying on the main beachfront area, which will allow you to walk to one of the malls, the beach and nighclubs.

Enjoy

:)

• Like 1

hen you would be best off staying on the main beachfront area, which will allow you to walk to one of the malls, the beach and nighclubs.

Thanks for the advice.

Which one would be the main beachfront area with Malls and Nightclubs/Pubs?