Tourist Visa Extension

My friend is on a triple entry T.V. He wants a 30 day extension from Immigration. He is staying in Kalasin temporarily, does not want to go to Sakhon Nakhon it is very far.

Khon Kaen office told his girlfriend that they would not give him the exension there, it is closer.

Theoretically as a tourist, why should an address be important as to getting a 30 day extension, since tourists are typically on the move.

I think the woman who spoke with his g/f from the Khon Kaen office was incorrect!!

He should be able to get the extension at any Immigration office, right or wrong??

I understand being on a Non B, or a Non O, with extensions having to report to your local area Immigration Office. But a tourist visa....He is waiting for paperwork for a Non B and then W.P.

I am trying to help him out he is a T.V.F. reader but not a member, here in Kalasin.

You will need to provide an address however so it should be in the area served - normally a tourist would be in a hotel in the area served so not an issue. I suspect this person is staying with a Thai (who probably has not registered his presence) so may not be a good idea to push things.

Thanks folks I advised him and yes the g/f probably told them Kalasin. His rent receipts or rental contract would say Kalasin.

He is still on the first entry of a triple and was thinking to get an extension instead of using the 2nd entry, not knowing exactly when the school will have the paperwork from the Board of Education, "waiver" in order to get his Non B.

I know things can vary from office to office and person to person in these offices, but I thought that I had given him correct advice...

Thanks again.

There is also an immagration office in Nong Khai. I got the visa extension there when I was staying in Khon Kaen. Was no problem, cost is 1900 Baht for 30 days.

One of the better immigration offices in Thailand, they are always happy to help and do not expect tea money. They sell me re-entry permits regularly although my reporting office is Sakhon Nakhon.

The Nong Khai office is not in the town, but on the highway that leads to the bridge avoiding going thru Nong Khai, about one km south of the bridge on the same road.