How much is a car / taxi from Swampy to Pattaya now?

samsingsong

My wife and I are returning to Pattaya in a couple of weeks.

She has just phoned the guy who usually picks us up and he says the cost from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya (Pratumnak Soi 4 - nearly Jomtien) is now 1,800 Baht!

We don't usually pay more than around 11-1200. We don't want to take the bus as we have luggage and will be knackered!

Anybody know if this is a fair price now? Or can you recommend a good, reliable, safe driver with a good car you can trust - who is cheaper?

Many thanks.

I have used Mr. Taxi's service at least a dozen times, never a problem. He will confirm and send you a phone number in case you cannot see the driver. The usual place to meet is at " The Meeting Point " which is at Gate No. 3 . I always give the driver a 100 baht tip.

• Like 1

I usually go to the departures floor and go outside to the sidewalk where there are always plenty of taxis after dropping off customers and are delighted to take you to Pattaya for 1000 thb.including tolls. If I was travelling with the bird and a lot of baggage ,aside from her, I think I'd try the first guy recommended a try and have peace of mind that there was someone there waiting for me.

• Like 2

I usually go to the departures floor and go outside to the sidewalk where there are always plenty of taxis after dropping off customers and are delighted to take you to Pattaya for 1000 thb.including tolls. If I was travelling with the bird and a lot of baggage ,aside from her, I think I'd try the first guy recommended a try and have peace of mind that there was someone there waiting for me.

Yes I do the same...also remember if the guard comes and asks why you are there...say "Oh I forgot my wife at the Hotel and have to pick her up!" with luggage in hand..looked worried and the guard may even help you get a taxi! so much for the Mafia taxi stand downstairs where ya would pay some 2000 baht for taxi to Pattaya or 400 baht for a 200 baht taxi drive down town.

This thread comes at the right time for me as soon I will need to book a longer distance taxi too. For me it is to Cha-Am from Sukumvit 11.

I have made a note of the two services mentioned.

I am not so concerned about the price but more in having a leisurely Sunday journey with no Stirling Moss at the wheel and a couple of stops ... one toilet and one for lunch (including driver's)

We (two persons) will also need picking up at around 10am the following Sunday.

Anymore references?

Edited by Beechboy

Yes I do the same...also remember if the guard comes and asks why you are there...say "Oh I forgot my wife at the Hotel and have to pick her up!" with luggage in hand..looked worried and the guard may even help you get a taxi! so much for the Mafia taxi stand downstairs where ya would pay some 2000 baht for taxi to Pattaya or 400 baht for a 200 baht taxi drive down town.

What are you talking about?? Mafia taxi stand?? I've taken scores of taxis from that stand to my BKK apartment and I ALWAYS pay ONLY the meter plus 50 baht airport fee.

I just used a new guy the other day. He took me from Silom in Bangkok to that almost exact location you mentioned for 1500 baht inclusive of tolls. He actually lives in Sathorn so worked for both of us.

Could I get cheaper? Maybe. But the guy was very nice and punctual on the pick up. He didn't complain about a thing on the way, his fuel tank was full, the taxi was clean, the air con worked very well and his radio was off the entire way. And he drove at a good clip........

Mr. Itti Srihabutr 081-770-9644 Yellow and Green taxi

This thread comes at the right time for me as soon I will need to book a longer distance taxi too. For me it is to Cha-Am from Sukumvit 11.

I have made a note of the two services mentioned.

I am not so concerned about the price but more in having a leisurely Sunday journey with no Stirling Moss at the wheel and a couple of stops ... one toilet and one for lunch (including driver's)

We (two persons) will also need picking up at around 10am the following Sunday.

Anymore references?

You could try a BKK taxi I use his name is Sam runs a half decent Volvo good steady driver speaks English after a sort's, better to use a Thai speaker though to book. But he wont be available on Sunday 1 Dec: due to the fact that he would be taking me up north from the air port. N/B he does have chums that can do it if he cant fit you in they all run Volvo's. No: is 0819036855 hope this help's.

As far as I heard from Thai friends, this isnt working anymore, as it is not possible anymore to EXIT on floor 4 departure level, enforced by security. Security will not let anyone EXIT the doors on floor 4. This Forces everyone to use the official taxi at floor 2 and pay the extra 50bt. Can anyone confirm this? I guess the fare to pattaya would then be the Standard 1500bt too?

I always use PT Taxi, Mr Nuttawat tPrasomsri , [email protected]

I,000 baht for pickup and 900 baht for return trip from central pattya. includes all tolls and then i tip driver 100. used last week so price is current, good late model clean cars and good drivers. has always been the same price weather 1, 2 or 3 passengers,

As an aside, i just used the official taxi rank at swampy for a trip to sukhimvit, after putting bags in Taxi, the driver said trip 500 THBT, i said no use the meter, he said meter broken and it was covered with a towel. I would have got our bags out and gone back to the rank, but my Thai wife said dont argue, not that much more, lets go. at least he didn't ask for tolls on top!

Another vote here for MrTaxi with a 100 baht tip to the driver. I am here in Jomtien Soi 11.

My mother will come for a visit for a couple of months in January. MrTaxi will be picking her up.

What are you talking about?? Mafia taxi stand?? I've taken scores of taxis from that stand to my BKK apartment and I ALWAYS pay ONLY the meter plus 50 baht airport fee.

Same Same for me - but I always round it off to the next hundred for a tip - its always appreciated.wai.gif