Grieving wife of foreigner 'drowns' off Pattaya Beach

webfact

Grieving wife of foreigner 'drowns' off Pattaya Beach

beach-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 44 year old Thai Woman who had gone on a drinking binge since the death of a her foreign husband last week, drowned on Monday Morning off Pattaya Beach opposite Soi 12.

The body of Khun Nongnut was recovered from the water after she was seen floating face-down. CPR was attempted but she could not be revived.

Khun Janhom aged 48, a friend of the victim, was with her during the morning and she confirmed that just before she entered the water, she was not only in a heavily intoxicated state, she had just taken a large bite out of an edible “Krathong” which was purchased the previous night as part of the Loy Krathong Festival.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/109403/grieving-wife-foreigner-drowns-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-11-19

....it is the nature of Thai Visa to speculate.

I was not rude - but you reveal your low class by being so.

I think Benroon was commenting on the post made by Laurentbkk rather than your post. Just the posting order and lack of included quote.

Very sad, but shows the strength of feelings one human can have for another.

• Like 2

Obviously very upset, whether she intended to take her own life, I think one should think she did not unless there is clear evidence that she did indeed intend to end her own life.

I suppose this was a time in her life when she needed real friends.

So the friend of the victim saw her going into water and knowing she was intoxicated with kratong and alcohol didnt do anything to stop her ? that's what I call friendship. Very sad indeed.

I was thinking of the very same thing, including the story of the paralyzed old man who slipped and fell and his "friend" did not take him to hospital for a checkup, so he ended up dead the next day in what I suspect were the consequences of a severe concussion. Add to that the fact that when you are in an accident and lying on the road, they will come to you (in most cases) and begin tugging and jerking and flopping your body around without any thought about paralysis, etc; ...or, as implied, they will simply gawp at you and maybe (maybe) call an ambulance that will show up hours later because traffic would not get out of the way.

Not only does this suggest that Thais are not aware of or concerned about safety and health, but that they are unaware of dealing with depression and injury, and that having them around at these times is either dangerous to your own person or not going to do you any good at all in your condition at that time.

I guess it goes to say that my views that they give little thought to the health, care and welfare of others around them is legitimate.

sorry but

- I feel the need to add this, because nobody seemed to realize that:

- it is NOT a normal reaction to start going "on a drinking binge" after loosing your partner and die as a result of intoxication after drinking alcohol with no limit and intoxicated with even more drugs (and whatever ).

- I would assume, this could be a symptom of a severe alcohol addiction and/or

others severe mental illness.

- in my family, in every generation people loose their partners by death (as this happens to nearly everyone). No one ever, so far I know, did react with a "drinking binge", not to say died in the circumstances of this.

One did misuse sleeping pills , but this one was addicted before.

Seems, too many here think, that reacting with a "drinking binge" is a normal kind of grief. They should realize, it is not normal. It is more a sign of a severe habit of misusing alcohol or other severe mental illness.

Beside: in a state of severe emotional stress (like loosing your partner), it would normally be very risky to start drinking alcohol, especially if this kind of behaviour is a reaction of beeing depressed !

Edited by dieter1

• 6 months later...