Mobile cabinet meeting in Songkhla warned

webfact

Mobile cabinet meeting in Songkhla warned

128326-imagejpeg-188243-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Security Council (NSC) chief Lt-Gen Paradorn Patthanatabutr warned of strong anti-government protest in Songkhla province if the government continue to hold its scheduled mobile cabinet meeting in Songkhla on November 29-30.

Speaking to the Nation Channel this morning, Lt-Gen Paradorn said intelligence information received showed high anti-government sentiment in this southern province and if the cabinet is to go ahead with its scheduled cabinet meeting, then “it will be a very tired work as the anti-government sentiment remains high.”

But he said that security officials would assess the situation daily to see the latest development before giving an advice of whether to go or not.

He also said that the venue of the meeting could be altered, depending on the security in each area. However he said so far the security officials have not yet advised whether to go ahead with the mobile cabinet meeting or not.

He said that if the NSC saw the situation did not warrant the safe mobile meeting there, it would advise the cabinet to put it off.

He added that the NSC has in the past advised postponement of holding cabinet meetings in this area several times.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/mobile-cabinet-meeting-songkhla-warned/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-19

Yingluck insists Cabinet meeting in Songkhla not cancelled
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Tuesday the mobile Cabinet meeting in Songkhla - seen as an opposition stronghold - on November 29-30 will be held as planned amid fear that she may face whistle-blowing by protest there.

The whistle-blowing protest is one of the anti-government campaigns initiated by former Democrat MP and protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban, who called on the protesters to blow whistles at cabinet ministers and "servants" of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-19

Trust they give the locals a bit of warning so they can properly organise their whistle blowing welcome. 

The people in the south's MO aint blowing whistles. It's blowing things up.

They might well solve the problem for the benefit of Thailand.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Trust they give the locals a bit of warning so they can properly organise their whistle blowing welcome.

I am sure there are people down there thinking exactly that.

Trust they give the locals a bit of warning so they can properly organise their whistle blowing welcome.

I am sure there are people down there thinking exactly that.

Certainly hope not. I dislike this govt and party for their stupidity, ineptness, corruption, hypocracy and self serving interpretations of the law, but blowing them up is hardly going to undo all the harm they've done or make anything better.

• Like 2

Certainly hope not. I dislike this govt and party for their stupidity, ineptness, corruption, hypocracy and self serving interpretations of the law, but blowing them up is hardly going to undo all the harm they've done or make anything better.

Guess you are well aware of the actions of the fugitive and his lot perpetrated on the people of the south a few years back. If not, might be worth looking into it.

however, I do agree somewhat with your sentiments - but as for making anything better, it would certainly send a pretty pointed message to the fugitive.

• Like 1

Would be hilarious if they called it off because people might blow whistles. If they are that scared, will they ever leave their homes cpz the man at their gates whistles to stop traffic?

Also, no-one in PTP can watch football as whistles are blown frequently during matches.

Better close the TPL. I am sure red shirts in Burriram will be thrilled.

REferee!

Edited by Soi Sauce