Red Shirt lawyer charges Suthep with spearheading unrest

webfact

The DSI chief expressed appreciation to Mr Karom for the “anti-whistle” support and said Mr Karom’s petition would strengthen legal action against the former Democrat MP to life sentence or capital punishment.

I wonder if the same charges and punishment shall apply to red shirt leaders and their financial backers for the 2010 riots and insurrection? whistling.gif

23 of them are already charged with "terrorism" and as far as I know they didn't call for people to blow whistles or withhold tax or organise strikes so what is your point?

overthrowing the powers of the legislative, administrative and judicial branches

phew, he is using the big words...

to clarify: he means overthrowing the power of those folk who sit around digging their noses and bending over for the puppet master

You're including the Judicial Branch? - whistling.gif

The DSI chief expressed appreciation to Mr Karom for the “anti-whistle” support and said Mr Karom’s petition would strengthen legal action against the former Democrat MP to life sentence or capital punishment.

I wonder if the same charges and punishment shall apply to red shirt leaders and their financial backers for the 2010 riots and insurrection? whistling.gif

Thank God we have a competent Government now who can bring the financiers to justice. The Dems blocked a few accounts and then forgot about it, probably as it came a little close to home.

Now we have a Govt who can get the police to carry out their duties and they are criticized for it. priceless.

Are you suggesting the Democrats were funding the red shirts?

Thank God we have a competent Government now who can bring the financiers to justice. The Dems blocked a few accounts and then forgot about it, probably as it came a little close to home.

Now we have a Govt who can get the police to carry out their duties and they are criticized for it. priceless.

Are you suggesting the Democrats were funding the red shirts?

:cheesy:

Give him an hour or so to sort that one out.

• Like 1

So you admit the police only work for this government. Interesting admission.

DSI are not the police. They are supposed to be the investigative arm of the Justice Department. Do you think there is any reason why their chief only takes on cases against the governments opponents, and never ever investigates anything that might implicate one of the Shiniwattra clan, their political party members, and gang? Maybe he should investigate the illegal issuing of a passport by the PM and her cousin to her criminal fugitive brother, or re-open the perjury case he conveniently closed just after she took office.

Doing their duty - my arse! They are doing what they are told, completely politically motivated.

If you really believe this government is competent then there is no hope for you,

The DSI are a joke, but what goes around comes around. When the Dems were in power, the DSI obviously were actively pursuing PTP persons. I don't have a great deal of sympathy for the Democrats on that, but I do agree that the whole DSI is a complete joke and needs to be disbanded.

My comment was tongue in cheek re competence, but until someone can provide a viable and logical alternative which is not going to just keep going in circles, then we have what we have, lets finish the term and have them voted out, hopefully by a more competent party, although i don't believe one currently exists.

The DSI are a joke, but what goes around comes around. When the Dems were in power, the DSI obviously were actively pursuing PTP persons. I don't have a great deal of sympathy for the Democrats on that, but I do agree that the whole DSI is a complete joke and needs to be disbanded.

My comment was tongue in cheek re competence, but until someone can provide a viable and logical alternative which is not going to just keep going in circles, then we have what we have, lets finish the term and have them voted out, hopefully by a more competent party, although i don't believe one currently exists.

Why would a necessary investigative unit be disbanded because one leader sells his soul to the current administration?

Why would a necessary investigative unit be disbanded because one leader sells his soul to the current administration?

Sold his sold to the past administration as well. Perhaps you can enlighten me on the successful body of the work they have completed in the last 10 years? It is completely tainted, and seen as corrupt and used as a political tool. Unless they are having huge success prosecuting criminals, i fail to see what they are doing which really justifies their continuation.

23 of them are already charged with "terrorism" and as far as I know they didn't call for people to blow whistles or withhold tax or organise strikes so what is your point?

Hate "not" to rain on your parade but they are not the ones who financed it what is your point?

Do you think they don't want to reveal who their paymaster used to get them their blood money?

So you admit the police only work for this government. Interesting admission.

DSI are not the police. They are supposed to be the investigative arm of the Justice Department. Do you think there is any reason why their chief only takes on cases against the governments opponents, and never ever investigates anything that might implicate one of the Shiniwattra clan, their political party members, and gang? Maybe he should investigate the illegal issuing of a passport by the PM and her cousin to her criminal fugitive brother, or re-open the perjury case he conveniently closed just after she took office.

Doing their duty - my arse! They are doing what they are told, completely politically motivated.

If you really believe this government is competent then there is no hope for you,

Well I agree with you the DSI is a joke. Why would you make a tongue in cheek comet regarding competence when there is clearly none there. Are you sure it was the Dem's that did this what ever dastardly deeds to the PTP? Why do you say there is no party currently existing that is competent of doing the job that currently exists today?

What is wrong with the Democrats. When they were in power where they really? They had to please so many other parties to keep in the Prime Ministers office that they were never given a chance to show what they could do. I would not be surprised if all the dastardly deeds the DSI did to the PTP were orchestrated by Newin and his gang of PTP renegades.

Well I agree with you the DSI is a joke. Why would you make a tongue in cheek comet regarding competence when there is clearly none there. Are you sure it was the Dem's that did this what ever dastardly deeds to the PTP? Why do you say there is no party currently existing that is competent of doing the job that currently exists today?

What is wrong with the Democrats. When they were in power where they really? They had to please so many other parties to keep in the Prime Ministers office that they were never given a chance to show what they could do. I would not be surprised if all the dastardly deeds the DSI did to the PTP were orchestrated by Newin and his gang of PTP renegades.

And whose fault is it if they need to keep so many other parties happy?

You may not want to accept it, but the Democrats have had many years of Governing the country and look where we are now. Look at the wealth disparity, the lack of education nationwide, the corruption through every level of the public sector (and private) etc etc. Why have they never made any serious attempt at combating these issues? Talk is cheap. They talk a good game when in opposition, but once they are in power its the same old same old, money for old rope.

I am not trying to argue that the PTP and its leaders are any different, but the very fact that they had such overwhelming support despite only being thrown a few crumbs, should further highlight the general disenfranchisement through large parts of the country that persons feel towards the Democrat party. I have no issue if they get voted in, and i do like Abhisit and particularly Korn, but until they completely reform the party and kick out all the old dogs in it, they will forever be tainted with the same allegations.

• Like 1

A leader cannot command the respect of the police, dont blame it on me. Most people would call that a major failing.

The police did support their leader, who was after-all one of their own, unfortunately the legal-PM wasn't their leader anymore. wink.png

And I agree, it was a major failing, of the RTPF.

• Like 1

You may not want to accept it, but the Democrats have had many years of Governing the country and look where we are now. Look at the wealth disparity, the lack of education nationwide, the corruption through every level of the public sector (and private) etc etc. Why have they never made any serious attempt at combating these issues?  Talk is cheap. They talk a good game when in opposition, but once they are in power its the same old same old, money for old rope. 

I am not trying to argue that the PTP and its leaders are any different, but the very fact that they had such overwhelming support despite only being thrown a few crumbs, should further highlight the general disenfranchisement through large parts of the country that persons feel towards the Democrat party. I have no issue if they get voted in, and i do like Abhisit and particularly Korn, but until they completely reform the party and kick out all the old dogs in it, they will forever be tainted with the same allegations.

I will only comment on the education part. The Democrats made it So that the free compulsary school system would educate kids up to M3 (14-15) from the previous P6 (10-11)

The minimum Feb generally for any shop/factory job is M3 certificate.

The Democrats also provided a uniform subsidy( sadly gone to pay for tablet computers)

give the people a means to earn money. Rather than give them someone else's money. As Phua Thai seen to So.

Ps: I'm a taxpayer in Thailand So it's my taxes they are giving away :rolleyes:

Sent from my aigoPadM60 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Correct, they didn't call for people to blow whistles, withhold tax or organise strikes......... they only called on people to commit acts of terrorism instead. (you know, really bad stuff, that can cause damage and loss of life)

• Like 1

You may not want to accept it, but the Democrats have had many years of Governing the country and look where we are now. Look at the wealth disparity, the lack of education nationwide, the corruption through every level of the public sector (and private) etc etc. Why have they never made any serious attempt at combating these issues? Talk is cheap. They talk a good game when in opposition, but once they are in power its the same old same old, money for old rope.

I will only comment on the education part. The Democrats made it So that the free compulsary school system would educate kids up to M3 (14-15) from the previous P6 (10-11)

The minimum Feb generally for any shop/factory job is M3 certificate.

The Democrats also provided a uniform subsidy( sadly gone to pay for tablet computers)

give the people a means to earn money. Rather than give them someone else's money. As Phua Thai seen to So.

Ps: I'm a taxpayer in Thailand So it's my taxes they are giving away rolleyes.gif

Sent from my aigoPadM60 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I will take your word for it, still barn door, closing and horse bolted come to mind.

Perhaps if they put these kind of policies into affect 40 years ago the general populace could well be better educated and far less likely to be manipulated. Although i think we all know that the powers that be have been very happy for them to remain uneducated.

The Democrat party has NOT had many years of governing the country. In the last 25 years they have had 2 short stints of around 2 years each - say 4 years. Most of the power was with Banharn, Chavalit & Thaksin (including Samak, Somchai & Yingluck).

I agree that they didn't do enough while in power but none of them did but none came close to Thaksin's one-party rule for corruption and actually institutionalised it to benefit himself & his companies.

I don't hate PTP and they have some good ministers - Charuron & the Transport minister (whose name escapes me) for example - but most are appointed because they brown-nose Thaksin. If the Shin dynasty were removed I strongly suspect that the Dems would join PTP in a grand coalition in which intelligent, open-minded, non- (or maybe less-) corrupt and capable ministers could get the country back on the rails again. One can live in hope.

The Democrat party has NOT had many years of governing the country. In the last 25 years they have had 2 short stints of around 2 years each - say 4 years. Most of the power was with Banharn, Chavalit & Thaksin (including Samak, Somchai & Yingluck).

I agree that they didn't do enough while in power but none of them did but none came close to Thaksin's one-party rule for corruption and actually institutionalised it to benefit himself & his companies.

I don't hate PTP and they have some good ministers - Charuron & the Transport minister (whose name escapes me) for example - but most are appointed because they brown-nose Thaksin. If the Shin dynasty were removed I strongly suspect that the Dems would join PTP in a grand coalition in which intelligent, open-minded, non- (or maybe less-) corrupt and capable ministers could get the country back on the rails again. One can live in hope.

I think the main way we differ is that you have far more faith in the abilities of the Democrats than I have. I see them as corrupt, self serving politicians exactly the same as the PTP. Any measure of corruption is simply impossible to gauge, we will never know the extent of comparisons between Governments, there are some far more in the know than me who think the fact that the Democrat had to keep so many coalition parties happy lended to huge corruption, was it not the transport minister of one of these who had 100's millions of baht cash found in his house/stolen? As I said we will never know. Not sure the Dems joining with PTP should TS dissapear would be a good idea, it would in affect then be a one party system.

with a society that holds face in such high regard, it amazes me just how the PTP machine seem to be lining up and loosing face with the statements they make! Or is it a competition, how many brownie points can I get, or is there a bonus from the caddie, for all who make fools of themselves?

Once again it's a case of ' different strokes ... '

When it comes to strokes The Red Shirts certainly are the biggest collection of <deleted>.

More hypocrisy from Brother Number Ones goon squad.

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1