Thai Tourist Police involved with ATM skimming gang sacked

webfact

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant see the problem. I think the officer should be commended for doing his duty and assisting two foreign tourists in using a Thai atm. Why he even supplied a car to drive them around. Now Thats service!

I'm lost trying to find substance in this post.

You're definitely not alone on that point.

So what really happens next? Will the Russians do any hard time in Thailand? If they just get sent home to Russia, that is hardly a deterrent against future crimes. I have never seen a follow up on any foreigners that got arrested for ATM scams. Are any in a Thai Jail? I would think publcizing that might slow down the crime rate a bit.

I cant see the problem. I think the officer should be commended for doing his duty and assisting two foreign tourists in using a Thai atm. Why he even supplied a car to drive them around. Now Thats service!

Then again, on second thought, mca was probably just being "substantially " sarcastic. Especially considering the way the entire scenario went down. The Thai cop was "sacked" for getting caught in an embarrassing situation for the police, not arrested as an accomplice.

So what really happens next? Will the Russians do any hard time in Thailand? If they just get sent home to Russia, that is hardly a deterrent against future crimes. I have never seen a follow up on any foreigners that got arrested for ATM scams. Are any in a Thai Jail? I would think publcizing that might slow down the crime rate a bit.

Don't count on it. The ridiculous hilarity, within the framework of Thai cultural values, never ceases to amaze me. The Thai system really does "function" well, especially for those Thais who are astute enough to work it, without getting caught. However, "farangs" working the system will neither be accepted, nor tolerated.

Capiche? whistling.gif

So, in the police rank and file, no one is guilty until they are caught, and until they are caught, no one keeps their eyes out for the protection of citizens and foreigners alike until those whom we should trust and put our faith in rise to such stupidity as to get caught?

Translated: don't trust any copper. Period!

Right on Cup-O-Coffee clap2.gif

This is the TVF news section for God's sake! If I included a well thought out reasonable response taking all factors into account some of our members would go into panic mode and start reaching for the Valium!smile.png

These people are not police for gods sake. Everyone knows that the biggest promotion in the Thai police is from Sen Sgt Major to LT Col. This is a huge step because to get it you have to pay for it. Then it is in your interest to get the return on your investment. The Thai police is a business, not a service. They are all self employed individuals who get a small retainer each month, for this they do administration duties. To make their money they must corrupt people into giving it to them. The system from top to bottom is based on artificially mimicking a world renowned service. Notably POLICE FORCE. This is not a police force at all, it is an excuse for greedy corrupt gangsters to hide behind a uniform for self indulgence. This is the real mafia, the god fathers here are untouchable because they own and run the police force. This country makes Sicily, Chicago, New York look like school play ground bullies. You would literally need to sack the whole force and bring in brain washed anti corrupt staff who have been hidden away from all forms of society for years, the ones who got electric shock treatment in training when using the words cheat, steel, lie. The ones who have been on an exchange to forces in other parts of the world that do not take bribes. Then instead of the government throwing away billions of dollars on rice, they should try and pay the force a genuine wage fitting for the job they are doing. Sweet Dreams

• Like 2

Gen Apichai said the national police chief has instructed him to supervise the tourist police agency more carefully and said that he will convene a meeting of his subordinates on Saturday. (MCOT online news)

All I want to know is...

What bank and ATM locations will they be "convening" at??? tongue.png

post-41816-0-12078400-1384954240_thumb.j

Since so many of the scams involving ATMs and internet rip-offs are committed by Russians and Nigerians, I think the Thai government should consider a special 500 baht fee for travellers arriving from Russia and Nigeria to help offset the cost of arresting them and housing them in a Thai jail. This 500 baht fund would fit nicely with the 500 baht medical expense fee they are proposing.

As well as with 500 baht fee to Britons, German and Americans whose citizens committed in most pedophilia cases in Thailand.

Please provide the data to support your post. Otherwise, it may be filed in a box labeled "Bigotry".

"Hate says a lot about a persons sadness with themselves".

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/682907-thai-tourist-police-involved-with-atm-skimming-gang-sacked/?p=7059629

Police officer sacked for helping Russian duo

The Nation

30220087-01_big.jpg?1384902886669

BANGKOK: -- Tourist Police Division chief Maj-General Apichai Theamart said yesterday that Senior Sgt-Major Nonthapan Saengsuk, 37, had been sacked for allegedly helping two Russian criminals, who are believed to have used fake debit and credit cards to withdraw money. He said a disciplinary probe has also been launched to investigate the officer's superiors.

Nonthapan was arrested in Nakhon Ratchasima along with Russian suspects Vasily Ivanoff, 27, and Serge Peterneff, 38, for allegedly conspiring to use fake credit and debit cards to withdraw more than Bt2.9 million from ATM machines across the provincial capital.

The suspects also had in possession more than Bt2.9 million in cash that they had allegedly withdrawn over the past week as well as 328 counterfeit ATM cards.

A subsequent search of the Russian suspects' hotel rooms in Bangkok also turned up more than Bt1.5 million in cash, 31 fake credit cards and evidence suggesting that Ivanoff may have withdrawn about Bt65 million since arriving in Thailand.

Meanwhile, Nakhon Ratchasima police have launched a manhunt for more accomplices - possibly foreigners.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-20

Why is the BiB not also handcuffed in one of those chairs?

No finger pointing, but all the BiBs looking around - maybe trying to figure out which way to point!

Wow, they reckon he has withdrawn 65 million, at 50k a time that would be a staggering 1300 withdrawals.

And they just got noticed........

And they had 1.5 million baht lying around in their hotel rooms.

They got their quality tourists at last!

• Like 1

i am pretty sure that the foreign bank will be glad to learn that the main culprit, a police officer, is actually walking free

and ready to skim again...

Bender, I object to your use of the term "police officer" to describe the culprit. I object because in the English language, police officer implies a person that can be trusted, has morals and ethics, and will aid you in times of need.

Much better to refer to him as a BIB or a member of the RTP - that leaves no room for misinterpretation. smile.png

Which English? Certainly not the Queen's English, which we speak in Australia.......

Drugs, Guns, Cash found in ceiling of St Kilda Police Station, Carlton Police working closely with the "Nightclub Owners Association" aka Mafia, historically even the Royal Commission (Fitzgerald Enquiry) in Queensland exposing why there was a brown paper bag shortage up north, and Sydney is no better, except that the pollies are nearly as bad in NSW so the cops don't stand out so much. Look up Walsh Street Police Shootings to see what happens to police that don't play dirty. And don;t think it was the ratbags the police shot that really murdered the two victims......

Police means moo in any language

THE PROBLEM CAN BE SOLUSED IN THIS WAY.

ALL BANKS MAKE A ATM HOUSE WITH BANKCARD FOR COME IN TO THE ATM MASHINE

THAT CARD THERE MAKE YOU TO COME IN

WILL ALSO BE THAT CARD YOU HAVE TO USE IN THE ATM

MASHINE. FRAUD ATM CARD CAN NOT BE USED.

THEN CLOSE ALL OTHER ATM MASHINE THERE STAND IN THE FREE OR PUT A OPENING TIME FOR THOSE ATM MASHINE....bah.gif laugh.png

i am pretty sure that the foreign bank will be glad to learn that the main culprit, a police officer, is actually walking free

and ready to skim again...

Where is it stated that he will walk free and not be prosecuted?

Does it really NEED to be said?

Grow up and accept reality... He was a good earner, of COURSE he will be back on the street to continue his work.

thank god

the thai police officer was ONLY the driver

imagine he was the head of the snake, the genius with the skimmer technology

and he goes to train all his collegues, there would not be 1 ATM safe anymore in the whole country

x30220087-01_big.jpg,q1384902886669.page

Police officers eagerly wait their turn to ask the culprits for in-depth details on how to skim an ATM and the best places to pick up a piece of the action.

This is the wrong photo from the 5 deported from phuket! Nothing to do with the story