House Speaker: Court has no right to block Thai charter-amendment

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The red cheerleaders here don't seem to understand that in a corrupt country like Thailand checks and balances are vital. The Government has done all they can to remove them and put cronies in important places so they can control it all. If they can control the senate too there is no end to the corruption and theft of the countries money. A impartial senate will also check future goverments. Its important that the checks and balances are restored in all of the bodies to undo what the reds have done. This is the only way to ensure a fair and as less corrupt a Thailand as possible. I would not mind a red government that is in charge if there are independent bodies to check it, not like it is now. With independent bodies we would not have been in the mess we are now. Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

From this I am to believe that there was no corruption before 2000.. The people trying to stop Thaksin are the same people who were raping this countrys coffers for decades.. and they know Thaksin back will push their snouts from the trough...for ever. If you were trousering billions would you go down without a fight

"If you were trousering billions would you go down without a fight"

Your correct HE certainly seems to be fighting tooth and nail to keep hold of the gravy train.

But then why shouldnt he the National budget has increased from:

Thailand’s national budget for 2010 has been set at 1.7 trillion baht

to The 2014 national budget has been set at 2.52 trillion baht

802 billion baht that's good trouser money for him and his.

The red cheerleaders here don't seem to understand that in a corrupt country like Thailand checks and balances are vital. The Government has done all they can to remove them and put cronies in important places so they can control it all. If they can control the senate too there is no end to the corruption and theft of the countries money. A impartial senate will also check future goverments. Its important that the checks and balances are restored in all of the bodies to undo what the reds have done. This is the only way to ensure a fair and as less corrupt a Thailand as possible. I would not mind a red government that is in charge if there are independent bodies to check it, not like it is now. With independent bodies we would not have been in the mess we are now. Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

From this I am to believe that there was no corruption before 2000.. The people trying to stop Thaksin are the same people who were raping this countrys coffers for decades.. and they know Thaksin back will push their snouts from the trough...for ever. If you were trousering billions would you go down without a fight

Of course there was corruption, not on the scale it is now but yes there was. The senate can stop it from getting too bad if you dont see this your blind if the senate were to rubber stamp everything of the government it would go wrong. The opposition in combination with the senate can keep corruption under control ( as far as possible in Thailand)

It would be even better if the anti corruption unit was impartial and could get part of the money they get from convictions as a bonus. I really don't care who gets stopped red or yellow when corrupt they must pay. When you have an independent senate at least they can stop a corrupt government or slow it down a bit. Just like it is doing now, still its not good enough, i would prefer a appointed (royal so its accepted by all) anti corruption unit and see some politicians do time and pay fines red and yellow ones.

But for now the best we can have is an appointed senate we will have to do it with this.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

The red cheerleaders here don't seem to understand that in a corrupt country like Thailand checks and balances are vital. The Government has done all they can to remove them and put cronies in important places so they can control it all. If they can control the senate too there is no end to the corruption and theft of the countries money. A impartial senate will also check future governments. Its important that the checks and balances are restored in all of the bodies to undo what the reds have done. This is the only way to ensure a fair and as less corrupt a Thailand as possible.

From this I am to believe that there was no corruption before 2000..

blink.png

That's quite the gymnastic twist of common sense and reading comprehension. huh.png

He's saying that corruption proliferates and increases when proper checks and balances are not maintained, such as when Thaksin was a despotic leader with his control of the tainted, non-independent Senate.

It's not only ruling that it can rule on it, it's sticking the boot right in...

There's not much going the way of PTP & Co. in this....

Court's just ruled that the ammendment would "allow domination of power, thus destroying the checks and balances"

Thanks for the update, too bad PTP wont be disbanded but again they are whipped.

I hope the constitution court will rule about the 2 trillion baht bill too and burn it. Probably not but one can live in hope.

"Thanks for the update, too bad PTP wont be disbanded but again they are whipped"

They are not whipped until they are out of power! meanwhile the scheming,corruption,and abuse of power,will continue,Via Skype.

It's not only ruling that it can rule on it, it's sticking the boot right in...

There's not much going the way of PTP & Co. in this....

Court's just ruled that the ammendment would "allow domination of power, thus destroying the checks and balances"

Thanks for the update, too bad PTP wont be disbanded but again they are whipped.

I hope the constitution court will rule about the 2 trillion baht bill too and burn it. Probably not but one can live in hope.

"Thanks for the update, too bad PTP wont be disbanded but again they are whipped"

They are not whipped until they are out of power! meanwhile the scheming,corruption,and abuse of power,will continue,Via Skype.

If anything is obvious is that thaksin strategises for the long haul. He will have a plan b and c

• Like 1

Interested posters may be interested in these two informative articles before making knee jerk posts about the "evil PTP" and their alleged "riding roughshod over the Laws"

Constitutional amendment and the guardians of Thai democracy – Part 1 : http://asiancorrespondent.com/113100/constitutiona-amendment-and-guardians-of-thai-democracy-part-1/ and

Constitutional amendment and the guardians of Thai democracy – Part 2 : http://asiancorrespondent.com/113107/guardian-of-thai-democracy-part-2/

and if you needed any further proof that this is yet another attempt at a judicial coup read this as well

Yingluck and the submitting of the charter amendment to the King : http://asiancorrespondent.com/113913/yingluck-and-the-submitting-of-the-charter-amendment-to-the-king/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+BangkokPundit+(Bangkok+Pundit)

This is the best post in this thread so far IMO. Thanks for posting the links. I read Part 1 & 2 and the third link as well.