HELP NAAAA. I can't find the info.. Promise I already tried!

Hi everyone,

I have a beauty for you here. I plan to go and study in Thailand in Februrary, the university states I requie a 60 Day -­‐ Non-­‐Immigrant Tourist Visa upon entry to LOS and this can be changed to the ED visa. I currently work in China and as my contract is up here in Feb I was planning to straight to LOS and get on with it. BUT............ I can't seem to find info which states I can get the required visa in China. I am a neative English man, will be travveling alone, lived in Thailand for 4 years before but all the rules seem to have changed.

If anyone can help me out I'd really bow to you and drinks are on me in Feb. If you require more information, please just say.

Richard

If an issue just arrive on visa exempt and get paperwork from University and visit Vientiane or other Thai Consulate to obtain the ED visa directly if required (and save the extra cost of a tourist visa - which is not needed). The only issue with visa exempt entry is you might have to show an exit flight within 30 days but that could be used for the visa issue trip.

• Like 1

All international students must arrive in Thailand on a 60 Day Non--mmigrant Tourist Visa. Once in Thailand you will be provided with the necessary documents to convert to a Non--©\ Immigrant Education Visa.

This is what the Uni sent me. When I worked in Thailand years ago, there used to dozens of visa serive outlets, do they still rock n roll?

Thanks to all so far.

Richard

The Uni most likely wants you to get a tourist visa so it will give them time, at least 60 days, to "futz" around getting the paperwork in order rather than trying to do it in 30 days if you only get a visa exempt entry.

An additional question. I have 11 years teaching experience, will I be able to land some crappy work?

If you come to Thailand on an ED visa work , even "crappy" work is not permitted.
At the worst it would mean going out for a B visa. For teaching it does not even require a work permit application be done first. Edited by ubonjoe

An additional question. I have 11 years teaching experience, will I be able to land some crappy work?

If you come to Thailand on an ED visa work , even "crappy" work is not permitted.

Neither is prostitution but................

TIT brother... TIT

Nothing but the finest for Thailand's children.........sighsad.png

• Like 2

Neither is prostitution but................

TIT brother... TIT

Nothing but the finest for Thailand's children.........sighsad.png

get real bro, I've done 11 years of excellent work. The example was to show that although somethings in Thailand are illegal, there are ways around it. It's your mind which needs cleaning not mine! Like you have never done a dodgy thing in LOS 55555555555