Lawyer for Travel Related Issues in Bangkok

derivatus

I made a booking with Sri Lanka Airlines at their Bangkok City Office in October 2012.

The Business Class ticket could be changed free of charge.

In March 2013 I changed the travel dates at the same office for December 2013.

I got a new Itineray printed out.

Last week I wanted to make seat reservations at the same office:

They told me the ticket is no longer valid as its only valid 1 year.

I pointed out that if this is the case their Office should not changed

the ticket in March 2013 for travel dates in December 2013 in the first place.

They tod me they have to contact their Head Office in Sri Lanka and work something out.

I called a few times already but nothing happened so far.

1) What are my options?

2) Can anybody recommend a lawyer for travel related issues in Bangkok?

Would cost you more than the ticket, to say nothing of the hassle factor.

From what I can see the change in March was made within the validity period, even though the date of travel was outside it. Once the 1 yr of original booking passed that was it. You might have more luck pleading for help with Sri Lankan than spending more money on a legal pursuit, as undoubtedly there will be small print somewhere in their favour.

• Like 2

Would cost you more than the ticket, to say nothing of the hassle factor.

From what I can see the change in March was made within the validity period, even though the date of travel was outside it. Once the 1 yr of original booking passed that was it. You might have more luck pleading for help with Sri Lankan than spending more money on a legal pursuit, as undoubtedly there will be small print somewhere in their favour.

Thks for reply.

Yes the fine print says 1 year validity for the ticket, but it can be extended in certain cases.

In my opinion the airline should have told me before changing the ticket.

If they had not extendet the ticket I would asked for a refund.

My idea was if Sri Lankan Air doesn't resolve this matter to get a lawyer write a letter to them

requesting honoring the ticket or offering a refund.

I understand that going to court would be a hassle for me, but for the airline office in Bangkok as well.

The price of the ticket was 52 K Baht.

I bought a ticket a few years ago that was refundable, less a $100 charge or so. I couldn't make the trip, so cancelled and applied for the refund. I was initially told it wasn't refundable via email. Obviously, I wasn't happy, so I pursued this. Quite a few phone calls, requests to speak to a supervisor, more emails, etc. Great fun when you are dealing with somebody in Turkey.

In the end, I got a supervisor to agree with me and I got my money back.

Soooo...don't give up! I don't think a lawyer is a good way to go. You'll end up spending a lot of money. Call their main office and see what happens. Then try to get it bumped up the line to a supervisor.

I had a ticket from UA 2 years ago that had a one year validity. I changed it just before the one year expiration to a date 10 months out! Worked out fine. I had to pay a change fee, but at least I kept the ticket.

Best of luck!!

Best of luck!!!!

Stand your ground. There is an error on your part for not knowing the conditions of the ticket fully but there is also a glaring error on the agent who you dealt with? It is simply a case that if you was travelling outside the dates of the conditions of the ticket then they should have given you a quote on the cost of making this change?