Renewal at end of first year O/A visa

I am approaching the end of my first year O/A Visa, and when i received it, i understood at that time that i could get a second year extension without the proof of income, or depositing the 800,000 Baht if i simply went out of Thailand and returned before the expiry of the first year date. Can someone please confirm if this is still the case? Also, if it is, how do i make sure the second year is multiple entry?

Enjoying my new life in Hua Hin.

Cheers,

Exbrit

On or just before the"must enter by" date on the visa, do a visa run and when you re-enter Thailand you will get another 1 year permission to stay. To make it multiple entry you will have to purchase a multiple entry re-entry permit at your local immigration office, cost 3800 baht. Easy!

As long as you do an entry before visa expires you will get another one year permit to stay.

You will need to get a re-entry permit at immigration after your visa expires. A multiple costs 3800 baht.

Edited by ubonjoe

You first check your current visa to make sure it is M and not S. If M then you can make a new entry at any time before it expires for new one year permitted to stay stamps but any return after that expiration date would require a re-entry permit to return for the same permitted to stay date be obtained prior to exit.

As long as you do an entry before visa expires you will get another one year permit to stay. You will need to get a re-entry permit at immigration after your visa expires. A multiple costs 3800 baht.

Since a single-entry costs 1,000 THB you would only be advised to obtain a multi-entry if you definitely envisage making more than 3 foreign trips during your second year.

As long as you do an entry before visa expires you will get another one year permit to stay. You will need to get a re-entry permit at immigration after your visa expires. A multiple costs 3800 baht.

I may have slightly screwed this up if the above is true.My "Must enter before" was 13 Nov. 2013. I actually entered 15 Jan 2013, then exited and returned twice. The last time was in July, which then gave me an extension until July 2014. So I guess i have until then to do the money thing. I thought if I exited and returned before Jan 14th. 2014 I would get another full year, but not so if the second year only runs from "must enter before" date.

FYI: for applications for annual extensions based on retirement at Thai immigration offices using the 800K in a Thai bank method, those funds MUST be seasoned for two months for the first extension application and three months for all subsequent ones. The seasoning requirement goes away if you use the combo method (mix of Thai bank account and income).

I may have slightly screwed this up if the above is true.My "Must enter before" was 13 Nov. 2013. I actually entered 15 Jan 2013, then exited and returned twice. The last time was in July, which then gave me an extension until July 2014. So I guess i have until then to do the money thing. I thought if I exited and returned before Jan 14th. 2014 I would get another full year, but not so if the second year only runs from "must enter before" date.
You now need a re-entry permit to keep your July 2014 permit to stay valid if you travel. And will need to get an extension by that date in July.

A visa validity period starts from date of issue not when you enter the country.

If you had made an entry on Nov.13th you would of gotten another year.

Since you got your visa so far ahead of your first entry you had already lost 2 months out of the 2 years that is possible.

Edited by ubonjoe

You, again, must present proper evidence of income or funds, just like the first year you did it. There is no way to avoid that. A retirement purpose "O" visa is based on the fact that you should have money to live in Thailand, therefore you have to prove it.

• Like 1

You, again, must present proper evidence of income or funds, just like the first year you did it. There is no way to avoid that. A retirement purpose "O" visa is based on the fact that you should have money to live in Thailand, therefore you have to prove it.

The OP had a multiple entry non-oa visa he got from a embassy that gives a 1 year entry.

You are referring to an extension of stay based upon retirement from immigration (it is not a visa).

You are wrong again, I just got a multiple entry non-immigrant o visa from Thai embassy in Jakarta without showing any proof of income or funds, the price was 200 US$ .

You are wrong again, I just got a multiple entry non-immigrant o visa from Thai embassy in Jakarta without showing any proof of income or funds, the price was 200 US$ .

You clearly are not talking about an O-A visa, obtainable only from your home country.

The OP is looking now at getting an annual extension based on retirement in Thailand (financial qualifcations needed) as he is in the process of playing out his original O-A visa.

Edited by Jingthing

I have an O-A on my 2nd year now, it ends on april-17 2014.

1, can i get a new OA visa here at immigration office or must i seek it from my home country?

2, I am planning going home around May14 2014, can i leave Th 16/4-14 to PoiPet and return 17/4-14 giving me a 30 tourist visa when OA visa is gone? Or do i have to come by air?

Sorry popping into this topic

1, can i get a new OA visa here at immigration office or must i seek it from my home country?

2, I am planning going home around May14 2014, can i leave Th 16/4-14 to PoiPet and return 17/4-14 giving me a 30 tourist visa when OA visa is gone? Or do i have to come by air?

You have the option to extend for one year on basis of retirement at immigration office inside Thailand for 1,900 baht if you have 800k baht in bank account 2 months here in Thailand or have income of 65k per month that your Embassy can put in letter or a combination of the two to meet 800k per year. You do this within last 30 or 45 days of permitted stay so you likely could do prior to leaving and then get a re-entry permit at 1,000 baht to keep it alive.

1,   can i get a new  OA visa here at immigration office or must i seek it from my home country?

2,   I am planning going home around May14 2014, can i leave Th  16/4-14  to PoiPet and return 17/4-14 giving me a 30 tourist visa when OA visa is gone? Or do i have to come by air?

Sorry popping into this  topic

You can get an extension of stay at immigration based upon retirement. You will need to 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or have 65k baht income proven by a income letter from your embassy or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

The number of days you get at a border crossing dependents upon your nationality. You can cross for just a few minutes and return.

You can get an extension of stay at immigration based upon retirement. You will need to 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or have 65k baht income proven by a income letter from your embassy or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

The number of days you get at a border crossing dependents upon your nationality. You can cross for just a few minutes and return.

If this is your 2nd year I think you will find you need the 800k baht to be in the bank for 90days.

If this is your 2nd year I think you will find you need the 800k baht to be in the bank for 90days.

I am the OP, and now a bit confused. I am presently permitted to stay until July 2014 on my O/A Visa, but have already passed the first year anniversary date of "must enter by".I am planning on exiting Thailand for a week over Christmas. and It appears from other posters that I must get a re-entry permit from the local immigration office in order to keep the July date alive. If that is so, do I need to also show proof of Income or deposit in order to get that re-entry permit, or can that wait until July?

1,   can i get a new  OA visa here at immigration office or must i seek it from my home country?

2,   I am planning going home around May14 2014, can i leave Th  16/4-14  to PoiPet and return 17/4-14 giving me a 30 tourist visa when OA visa is gone? Or do i have to come by air?

Sorry popping into this  topic

I am the OP, and now a bit confused. I am presently permitted to stay until July 2014 on my O/A Visa, but have already passed the first year anniversary date of "must enter by".I am planning on exiting Thailand for a week over Christmas. and It appears from other posters that I must get a re-entry permit from the local immigration office in order to keep the July date alive. If that is so, do I need to also show proof of Income or deposit in order to get that re-entry permit, or can that wait until July?
Just ignore all the off topic and incorrect posts.

You will not need any thing for the re-entry permit other than some copies of your passport, departure card, a completed TM8 form with photo attached and the fee of 1000 baht.

You will not need the financial proof until you do your extension in July.

The OP had a multiple entry non-oa visa he got from a embassy that gives a 1 year entry.

You are referring to an extension of stay based upon retirement from immigration (it is not a visa).

I'm not familiar with getting a Thai visa from outside of Thailand. I have a non-O visa obtained in Thailand.

From your below post it actually appears you have a one year extension of stay from within Thailand. This may have started with a visa entry stamp issue for that extension reason from immigration here but is now just an extension of stay and not a visa. Visas are normally issued for entry into a country and are obtained from a Thai Consulate outside of the country.

Every 3 months to stop at the Immigration was a simple matter of bringing passport

and TM 47 Form.

I'm not familiar with getting a Thai visa from outside of Thailand. I have a non-O visa obtained in Thailand.

Where in Thailand did you get this "non-O " visa" ? Does the visa give a one year stay ?