Tourist visa expiration on Saturday, when to extend?

My 60 days tourist visa will expire on Saturday, and I can make an extension for another 30. I guess immigration does not care about Saturday and I need to get there on Friday? Will they grant me extension starting Friday or Saturday? Its is important for me as I need to book/buy air tickets in advance.

I actually just recently had a similar situation. My Visa expired on a Sunday, I went on Thursday morning and was in and out in under an hour, no problems at all. I will tell you though that on that particular day Immigration was denying more than they were approving. I don't know if it was purely coincidence but the people who were dressed professionally (business casual) where the only ones getting approved. Keep in mind you need copies of your passport and visa page as well as a passport photo. You can have all of that made for about 100 baht or less in the basement of the immigration building.

I actually just recently had a similar situation.  My Visa expired on a Sunday, I went on Thursday morning and was in and out in under an hour, no problems at all.  I will tell you though that on that particular day Immigration was denying more than they were approving.  I don't know if it was purely coincidence but the people who were dressed professionally (business casual) where the only ones getting approved.  Keep in mind you need copies of your passport and visa page as well as a passport photo.  You can have all of that made for about 100 baht or less in the basement of the immigration building. 

It could be they were from countries that cannot get a 30 day extension or were trying to extend a visa exempt entry.

I actually just recently had a similar situation. My Visa expired on a Sunday, I went on Thursday morning and was in and out in under an hour, no problems at all. I will tell you though that on that particular day Immigration was denying more than they were approving. I don't know if it was purely coincidence but the people who were dressed professionally (business casual) where the only ones getting approved. Keep in mind you need copies of your passport and visa page as well as a passport photo. You can have all of that made for about 100 baht or less in the basement of the immigration building.

It could be they were from countries that cannot get a 30 day extension or were trying to extend a visa exempt entry.

Like I said could have been entirely coincidental just found it very funny that the only ones getting approved were the ones dressed like they were there to do business.

You get a 7 day grace period (up to 7 days after it was due to be extended) with the 90 days extension....not sure if the same applies to yours.

There is no 7 day grace period for any extension.

There is a 7 day late allowance for 90 day reports but those are not extensions.

Easy answer. Do it before it expires. I do mine about a week ahead, and get an additional 30 days attached to the end of the 60th day... The 60th day of the visa terminates and then, the next day, you begin the 1st day of your extension. Total of 90 days.

I have had 5 or 6 extensions done in Udon. It is never a problem, and I never seen anyone refused, It has nothing to do with your clothes. It has everything to do with being a tourist.... just put on there that you need to see more temples. I bring my Thai girlfriend with me, she is 46 and has a furniture store. A couple of smiles, good talking, and she has me sitting there signing away and out in an hour.

I try not to do back to back visas and extensions (except on the double entries). Anways, I fly out to the Philippines twice a year and once to the USA.

Easy answer. Do it before it expires. I do mine about a week ahead, and get an additional 30 days attached to the end of the 60th day... The 60th day of the visa terminates and then, the next day, you begin the 1st day of your extension. Total of 90 days.

I have had 5 or 6 extensions done in Udon. It is never a problem, and I never seen anyone refused, It has nothing to do with your clothes. It has everything to do with being a tourist.... just put on there that you need to see more temples. I bring my Thai girlfriend with me, she is 46 and has a furniture store. A couple of smiles, good talking, and she has me sitting there signing away and out in an hour.

I try not to do back to back visas and extensions (except on the double entries). Anways, I fly out to the Philippines twice a year and once to the USA.

I am on a retirement visa. So I am in a different situation. But I find it goes very smoothly for me when ever I go in for my yearly extension or to have my visa transferred from my old pass port to a new one when I take my 56 year old wife along. Never a problem.

Here in Chiang Mai they don'rt don't seem to care if you are dressed like a tourist or a business man.

Edit

They don't care about my spelling either.tongue.png

Edited by hellodolly

"I am on a retirement visa. So I am in a diffferent situation. But I find it goes very smoothly for me when ever I go in for my yearly extension or to have my visa transferred from my old pass port to a new one when I take my 56 year old wife along. Never a problem.

Here in Chiang Mai they don'rt seem to care if you are dressed like a tourist or a business man."

I am not sure of the point you wish to make but for sure you have never had a "visa" transferred to a new passport! smile.png