Price for cutting rice

bunnydrops

In nong Han area, it's 700 baht per rai. We offered locals 400 b per day to cut and no one would do it. Had to get brothers up from Bangkok to cut it. The harvester was 3 weeks away 4 weeks ago and still no site if them as we only have 25 rai and they are doing quite larger farms. The locals are still sitting on their ass doing nothing. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Saw ang Daen Din same same, locals want 400 a day plus food plus Lao Khao,harvester is 700 per rai,hence locals are warming their hammocks.

Last year we had blokes catching fish for 2 hours in afternoon, pay was 2kg of fish each, this year they want (nay demanded)100 baht an hour plus the 2 kg of fish.

TW with a length of bamboo and big dog sent them packing with a tirade that was heard all over village, one bloke was so scared he left his moto and had to send his wife over to retrieve it.

My way of doing things...In regards to the final pond clearing of my Clarias farm, i never had a problem for the past 7 years.

May it be just 200kg or 6-700kg, i want the whole team in...10 of them. (Regulars, been with me since the begining)

Pay was 250 Baht each + 2kg of fishes as basic, kao ka moo or chicken rice for lunch and Mookata buffet dinner + free flow of lao khao and beers. Total = 5'000+ Baht

I'm getting 47 Baht/kg x 200kg minimum. Wife used to grumble " Not many fishes (kg) to clear why 10 people to clear ponds ? " My answer to her " Keep them and feed them well, I don't loose money keeping the team, they help to clear the finals, labourer are hard to come by...even if it's only 100kg, the job is done."

At times when i acheived my targetted yield...I'll tell the wife "...there's one more pond to clear, i estimated it will be around 60kg, let them share the prize." I become likeable because they felt I'm being generous and I'll will never be short of people helping out in the future harvest and final pond clearing.

One of Sun Tzu Art of War quotes (translated) : " Armies are to be maintained in the course of long years,but to be used in the nick of time."

"养兵千日,用兵一时" - 孙子兵法

Edited by RedBullHorn
  • Like 2