Limo or safe taxi service

NickMay

I've tried looking for real limousine services in Bangkok but have not been able to find one online. Is there a reliable and safe car service for use out of Suvarnibumi airport? I'm tired of putting my life into the hands of someone who believes that the reason they got into an accident was the will of the god's and not because they are bad drivers and were bouncing around the highway at 160 km/hr.

Thanks for all responses.

Sorry Dave Jones, I obviously offended you in some way, but your answer was completely worthless. I did not ask for your opinion or your friends on the safety of Bangkok taxi's. If you take the time to read these forums you will notice that the majority of all people do not believe Bangkok taxi's to be that safe. Just look in the news and you will see that an entire country is about to boycott Thailand due to driving safety issues.

I am an adrenaline junkie and enjoy adventure as long as I am in control of my own saftey. One recent taxi trip my cabbie spent the majority of the trip stradding two lanes weaving in and out of traffic. When we were stopped at a traffic light he fell asleep and I had to wake him up. He had to slam on the brakes twice to avoid an accident. I was very close to just saying please let me out and I'll get another cab from here. I've had experiences like this on many cab rides in Bangkok. There are good cab drivers in Bangkok and I have had the pleasure of driving with them as well. I'm just tired of playing taxi cab roulette with my wife's life.

My question was designed to find a professional, reliable, safe and clean car service.

I do thank Rabc and Charlieh for their help on this topic.

Sorry Dave Jones, I obviously offended you in some way, but your answer was completely worthless. I did not ask for your opinion or your friends on the safety of Bangkok taxi's. If you take the time to read these forums you will notice that the majority of all people do not believe Bangkok taxi's to be that safe. Just look in the news and you will see that an entire country is about to boycott Thailand due to driving safety issues.

I am an adrenaline junkie and enjoy adventure as long as I am in control of my own saftey. One recent taxi trip my cabbie spent the majority of the trip stradding two lanes weaving in and out of traffic. When we were stopped at a traffic light he fell asleep and I had to wake him up. He had to slam on the brakes twice to avoid an accident. I was very close to just saying please let me out and I'll get another cab from here. I've had experiences like this on many cab rides in Bangkok. There are good cab drivers in Bangkok and I have had the pleasure of driving with them as well. I'm just tired of playing taxi cab roulette with my wife's life.

My question was designed to find a professional, reliable, safe and clean car service.

AOT will offer you a range of vehicles, I normally use the Camry. There is a cheaper vehicle (SUV) but I would avoid it as it has a ride harder than concrete.
  • Like 1

No you didn't offend me. It's just that very often I don't have the same experiences as people on ThaiVisa forum. Just pointing out that when I've used taxis from teh airport they've always driven very well. I just find it odd that some people seem to have bad experiences every time they do certain activities. Also, many comments on here about things like safety and some anti-Thai stuff is posted by people that have never been to Thailand. They just re-post whatever they read, whether true or not. Just trying to add my own experiences for a little balance. Might not be useful for you but could be useful to someone else reading this who get the impression that all taxis are unsafe. Lived here 3-4 years and only and only once did I have a problem with a bad taxi driver.

You are traveling from SBIA/BKK to where, exactly?

Topic comes up frequently, with many recommendations in addition to AoT.

Google: car service suvarnabhumi site:thaivisa.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=car+service+site%3Athaivisa.com&rlz=1C1CHMC_thTH554TH554&oq=car+service+site%3Athaivisa.com&aqs=chrome..69i57.8389j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=car+service+suvarnabhumi+site:thaivisa.com

Might get more options searching the entire interwebs?

In thousands, maybe ten thousand, of taxi journeys here I have never been involved in an accident, nor have I ever seen one, or heard about one 3rd hand, or even read about one. Although there was the one where the driver had a heart attack and the foreign passenger managed to bring the taxi to a stop.

I understand not everyone is comfortable in a taxi, here, or in other countries. No shame in that.