Thai hotel clerk rescues drowning Swiss tourist

webfact

Fair play to Mr Thanyaboon wai.gif ...Mr Stephan Fassola deserves a slap around the head tho dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf.png

You will not believe this. but the few I saved from drowning did not say thank you or buy me a beer. sad.png Perhaps they felt embarrassed, never worked that one out. /sad.png

From my experience dealing with persons suffering from trauma or near death events, they were sometimes stunned, sometimes incoherent and some acted irrationally. A few vomited, others lost control of bowel or bladder, most were stone silent and others just screamed and/or lost consciousness. The bewildered tried to wander off before I could get their personal details for my report. None ever offered me a beer either. LOL. Edited by Benmart

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Mr Thanyaboon wai.gif ...Mr Stephan Fassola deserves a slap around the head tho dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf.png

You will not believe this. but the few I saved from drowning did not say thank you or buy me a beer. sad.png Perhaps they felt embarrassed, never worked that one out. sad.png

"Perhaps they felt embarrassed..."

Loss of face is a difficult burden to bear for many farang. Even if they were stunned or in shock at the time, they should have made an attempt to thank you once they recovered ... but for some even that is too difficult.

Have you ever visited the pristine beaches in Switzerland

We swiss have no monopoly on fine (ocean) beaches but pristine lake beaches grace many of our cities, and I would drink a glass of water off the beach: by the same token, we are not over endowed with agricultural land, or mineral resources, but we do own the biggest food company and one of the biggest mining companies in the world.

Shareholder listing? All Swiss? Nestle and Glencorp? yeah...right!!

Companies like Transocean and others shift their headquarters to Switzerland because of taxes or other reasons of corporate convenience. Transocean, as an example, has 18,000 employees, a total of 12 of whom are in Switzerland. To say the Swiss own these companies is as ridiculous as saying all the ships that fly the Liberian flag of convenience are owned by Liberians.

Over the years, Transocean has moved its incorporation location to take advantage of lower taxes in some jurisdictions. Transocean was originally incorporated in the US state of Delaware, but moved its corporate registration to the Cayman Islands in 1999. In 2008, it moved its registration to the canton of Zug, Switzerland, where it is currently incorporated. Only 12 of its employees work in the Zug office, according to a company spokesperson. The registration move allowed Transocean to lower its corporate income tax rate from 35 percent in the US to 16 percent in Zug.[21]

You will not believe this. but the few I saved from drowning did not say thank you or buy me a beer. sad.png Perhaps they felt embarrassed, never worked that one out. sad.png

I do believe you.

Took one out of the Ardeche River in France who couldn't say anything anymore.

The other one around Christmas time near Monacco. A hangglider pilot who "landed" in the cold water with his kite on top of him.

He bought a case of beer for me and my friends, but didn't show up to say "Thanks".

He definetly was embarrased.

I have enjoyed the lovely lakes and beaches in Switzerland and saved 4 drowning people

on three different occasions on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Completely different

environments. While young and spending many a fine day at my uncles beach house

you learn to use the rip tides to carry you out to sand bars that made for fantastic body

surfing. Not to panic and fight against the rips but use them as your friend. We used to

have a great time in the 4 meter waves. At my current age and level of fitness I would

have the knowledge, and not panic but also the discretion and respect of the conditions

to maybe stay out of the water when it gets too rough.

• Like 1

That <deleted> should be locked up

By putting himself in danger he put his rescuer at risk

No matter how strong u r u cannot out swim a rip current

He should go to jail

Another silly tourist that needs a nanny next time he comes out here

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

When I lived in Hawaii and particularly on the north shore on O'ahu during the winter months when the ocean is dangerous the life guards

will not allow anyone in the water that appears to be ignorant of the dangers of the ocean. In fact will tell them

after a warning that if they go in they are on their own. Having a policy in place that prohibits people from entering the ocean

during dangerous sea's is a very good plan. So what if touristo's get upset. They will get over it! They will still spend their money.

In fact most would be grateful for the warning.

Hat's off to the guy who put his own life in danger to rescue another human being.

Flags do nothing. Active patrolling and aggressive warnings with large signs

warning folks of the danger will help stem the drownings.

When I lived in Hawaii and particularly on the north shore on O'ahu during the winter months when the ocean is dangerous the life guards

will not allow anyone in the water that appears to be ignorant of the dangers of the ocean. In fact will tell them

after a warning that if they go in they are on their own. Having a policy in place that prohibits people from entering the ocean

during dangerous sea's is a very good plan. So what if touristo's get upset. They will get over it! They will still spend their money.

In fact most would be grateful for the warning.

Hat's off to the guy who put his own life in danger to rescue another human being.

Flags do nothing. Active patrolling and aggressive warnings with large signs

warning folks of the danger will help stem the drownings.

My friend fron Austrailia was trying to orangise some volenteers to patrol the beaches. He had government backing but just could not get enough volenteers as allot of peopl are just too busy trying to keep their own business afloat or they are here to retire and so on.

It would not be a problem if there were more people as people can take few shorter shifts.

I am sure this concept shall still be welcomed if there are enough people that are enuthusicastic and willing to accept that beach Patrol might not be to the standard of western countries even if it means not going into the sea but just warning people to stay out of the sea. If people get arrisive then they can be locked up for a nigth for their own saftey as the TAT on Samui has the interest of not sending tourists home in boxes.

I know that this might not be welcomed by holiday makers wanting to ake out on the beach and get smashed so the balance has to be just right.

Forang beach patrolers not their to show off their uniforms but just their for people's safety with powers to physically stop people from going into the sea.

As my hat goes off to this Thai man that saved this forang but how many people would be putting themselves at risk if they had to rescue people every day. The casulaty rate shall double with just as many dead people from drowning as they have people trying to rescue them with little resources.

There's nowt as queer as folk smile.png ...then again, perhaps they were trying to drown themselves and didn't want saving tongue.png

The thought did cross my mind smile.png , but nooooooooo, none of them fought me off. laugh.png Especially the Italian lass.........wub.png

Now I can understand your motive transam! clap2.gif

I still remember the bikini, weeell, after all, there was no other way l could grapple with her as my then wife would have had something to say.........whistling.gif

The mental images are wonderful....keep em coming......errm.....

BUT, I was 21 then, so hansum, debonair, and of course full of hormones. laugh.png BUT, the lass I hope did continue with her life after my life saving intrusion. wub.png

I still remember the bikini, weeell, after all, there was no other way l could grapple with her as my then wife would have had something to say.........whistling.gif

The mental images are wonderful....keep em coming......errm.....

BUT, I was 21 then, so hansum, debonair, and of course full of hormones. laugh.png BUT, the lass I hope did continue with her life after my life saving intrusion. wub.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eClAL1LCRk

Yes people that should be allloud to swim should only be fit lady's with fit bodies i would have no trouble risking my life to save one of those Pam Anderson look alikes and mouth to mouth i can deliver VIP treatment. I can carry on even if they are breath and have been breathing for the last 20 minutes. In fact hold that i am going for a massage to relax and put more effort into this kind of a rescue promotion

what is dangerous is having fit lady life guards. we shall all be going out hoping to get rescued. I go Bangkok hospital nearly every day to find an excuse just to browse through the lady section. its terrible !

Edited by BigC
  • Like 1

This is Thailand, so don't expect the participants be genuine females, but they are 150% female at heart and mind though. Also, Brazilian down there should quality, yes?

No , I was promised genuine Brazillian Female Life savers. Just need someone to look after them I think !

Those tourists would never do that in their own countries, red flag means the same everywhere , but here they still believe they can do anything .. just hope he will reward very well the guy who saved him ...... Well done Mr Thanyaboon

Nor sure if they have red flags on the beaches in Switzerland but be assured,

for every silly tourist who goes swimming in the sea despite warnings not to do so,

you'll find a silly tourist climbing up the mountains despite warnings not to do so..

You are having a laughter right ? The Swiss are landlocked, but I guess your views, however guess worthy they are on mountain climbers might have a sliver of common sense. My first reaction to this story was the report was made before the incident happened and secondly red flags being flown yet a silly person ignored and actually swam out 100m . Now that is staggering stupidity.,

But I guess not everyone has a brain in good working order!,

This is Thailand, so don't expect the participants be genuine females, but they are 150% female at heart and mind though. Also, Brazilian down there should quality, yes?

No , I was promised genuine Brazillian Female Life savers. Just need someone to look after them I think !

They need someone to "take care"?

Well they have come to the right place!

They need someone to "take care"?

Well they have come to the right place!

Back up is here...........wub.png

Those tourists would never do that in their own countries, red flag means the same everywhere , but here they still believe they can do anything .. just hope he will reward very well the guy who saved him ...... Well done Mr Thanyaboon

Nor sure if they have red flags on the beaches in Switzerland but be assured,

for every silly tourist who goes swimming in the sea despite warnings not to do so,

you'll find a silly tourist climbing up the mountains despite warnings not to do so..

You are having a laughter right ? The Swiss are landlocked, but I guess your views, however guess worthy they are on mountain climbers might have a sliver of common sense. My first reaction to this story was the report was made before the incident happened and secondly red flags being flown yet a silly person ignored and actually swam out 100m . Now that is staggering stupidity.,

But I guess not everyone has a brain in good working order!,

Haaa, Nonthaburial - Is your brain in working order giggle.gif ?

You messed those "quotes" up a tiny bit, didn't you biggrin.png ?

I agree with you Mole. thumbsup.gif

The 'Brazilian' dancers at Zicos come to mind. Sure - sometimes they come from Brazil wink.png - but for sure some are from Cristies or whatever. Mind you - they are pretty. whistling.gif

The 'Brazilian' dancers at Zicos come to mind. Sure - sometimes they come from Brazil wink.png - but for sure some are from Cristies or whatever. Mind you - they are pretty. whistling.gif

I'm sure they are real, no white miracle lotion here.

From Zicos...

zico-s-brazilian-bar.jpg

they must be fit and 100 per cent ladies. bikinies bust have firm firgure, big bumpers and when they run they should do in slow motion