Fatal Motorcycle Accident Near Pattaya Claims One Life

2. 54

Wine In Checked Baggage

3. 6

Words sentences that are offensive

4. 30

Tobbaco

5. 14

Why Does Kamala Harris Disrespect Minorities by Imitating their Accents.?

6. 2

Pickup Truck Driver Falls Asleep, Crashes into 2 Motorcycles, Leaving 1 Dead & 1 Injured

7. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

8. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 2

Fatal Motorcycle Accident Near Pattaya Claims One Life

10. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

11. 105

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

12. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

13. 1,007

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

BEST school IGCSE program

hullmonkee

Does anyone have kids studying for the IGCSE examinations at Burupa (BEST) school. I have been looking at their website and it states that the IGCSE curriculum runs through secondary levels 5 & 6. The website also says levels 5 & 6 students are between 16 and 18 years old. At this age kids are usually studying for an A level or IB, having taken IGCSE's at age 16.

I have called the school but the lady I was talking to couldn't seem to grasp my question. Can anyone confirm whether the school offers IGCSE's courses between 14 and 16 years of age.

Thanks

If I was you I would go and see Mr Michael at the school, he is very knowledgeable about the IGCSE programme etc.

It is very normal where English isn't a first language for students to sit IGCSE in Mateum 5 or 6 (year 11/12) I was a Principal of schools in Thailand and West Africa where this took place, If you want a full English education that takes IGCSE's at 14 or so, you would need to go to one of the elite International schools, like Regents, St Andrews etc, but be prepared to pay about 4 times the fees of BEST and other old style bi-lingual schools. Hope that helps.

Mr Angry

Thanks for the reply.

I have had 2 kids who are 100% English (from a previous marriage) attend the Regents, one of them moving on to St Andrews so I am familiar with these schools and the costs. I work overseas and my company do not foot the bills for education but I had no other option as my kids were returning to the UK at some point and had to be kept up to speed with the UK curriculum.

My Half Thai son will probably attend a Uni in Thailand but there is a possibility we may move to the UK so a BI-lingual school is probably the best option. He has been attending an International school in India for the last 4 years so he is up to speed with the IGCSE program but all classes are in English so he is now way behind on his Thai.

I am not in Thailand at the moment but will take your advice and call Mr Micheal on Monday.

Thanks again.