Fish = brain food

Ozybear

Just to clarify - are you saying that

1. the natives of North Thailand are stupid even though they eat fish
  2. they need to eat more fish
  3. the fish eaten in North Thailand do not contain the essential oils and nutrients to aid brain function
  4. there is a difference between river and lake fish to ocean fish
  5. this is a troll subject just to get a reaction
  6. All of the above
  • Like 1

As said by Xen, "there is a difference between river and lake fish to ocean fish."

Practically all the health benefits we hear attributed to fish go to ocean-going varieties. Most of the fresh water fish here, in addition to not having the health benefits of ocean fish, are farmed and potentially full of chemicals.

Xen also said this was a troll post, so in the spirit of that, my personal recommendation is to eat soi dog instead of fish. It is abundant, cheap and chemical free. You will also be doing a service to your neighborhood by getting the wretches off the street.

3. the fish eaten in North Thailand do not contain the essential oils and nutrients to aid brain function
  6. All of the above

I too agree that fish is very nutritious and contains essential oils.

But I do think there is a difference between river, lake ,and ocean fish.

It's the taste!

The problem I have is that in Thailand, is thatI do not like the taste of most fish here.

A friend recently pointed out to me that where I come from ( North America ) most of the fish we eat are from cold water fisheries ie. salmon, trout, tuna and the like.

The taste of fish from cold waters is different from those warm water fisheries.

It sounds funny, but warm water fish taste fishy and sometimes muddy to me.

It's my problem and I hope I can adjust.

But to grill a fresh salmon ,stuffed with fresh vegetables again would be a slice of heaven for me!

post-147745-0-93459800-1385183297_thumb.

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

6. All of the above

It's the taste!

The problem I have is that in Thailand, is thatI do not like the taste of most fish here.

A friend recently pointed out to me that where I come from ( North America ) most of the fish we eat are from cold water fisheries ie. salmon, trout, tuna and the like.

The taste of fish from cold waters is different from those warm water fisheries.

But to grill a fresh salmon ,stuffed with fresh vegetables again would be a slice of heaven for me!

attachicon.gifIMG_6161.JPG

It is not only that, freshwater fish DO NOT HAVE THE ESSENTIAL OILS. A lot of the fish you get in the west comes from the oceans, here most of it is farmed in freshwater. Eat pork..

Well the muddy taste comes from a) the type of food given, B) the type of culture the fish are in and c) from the species you eat.

As an example, in Europe the carp is a popular fish for individual fishing. But after catching you should keep it for at least one day, better up to three in a bathtub with fresh water to get rid of the muddy taste...

I had rented a farm where we grew Pla nin, Pla duk, Pla jarumet and some others. All I tried were with good taste.

the ponds were not crowded to biological max, the food wasn't the cheapest and the water for the pond was pure rainwater.

Bye,

Derk

• the natives of North Thailand are stupid even though they eat fish 
  • they need to eat more fish 
  • the fish eaten in North Thailand do not contain the essential oils and nutrients to aid brain function
  • there is a difference between river and lake fish to ocean fish 
  • this is a troll subject just to get a reaction 
  • All of the above

It's the taste!

The problem I have is that in Thailand,  is thatI do not like the taste of most fish here.

But to grill a  fresh salmon ,stuffed with fresh vegetables again would be a slice of heaven for me! 

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_6161.JPG

I think it's what we are use to. In Canada I love the taste of small mouth bass, but my wife hated it. She also didn't like the smell.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app