Italian tourist beaten by two Thai teenagers

webfact

Italian tourist beaten by two Thai teenagers
The Nation

HUA HIN: -- An Italian tourist, Dominico Franco, was beaten by two teenagers early Friday morning in Pran Buri, Prachuab Khiri Khan.

Franco, found in a pool of blood near the entrance to Evason, was taken to Hua Hin Hospital.

He told police later that the teenagers, 15 and 16 years old, used a baseball bat to hit his head. They took his Bt500 cash, a shirt and a helmet. Before the attack, the three had beer together. The two offered to ride him to his hotel as he could not get his motorcycle started.

Pasitta Inthaphand, director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) for Prachuab Khiri Khan, said she was upset with the incident as the province is a major tourist destination and this would damage the province’s image.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-22

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If things carry as they are now, in ten years time. T.A.T. will be crying in there beer!

Unfortunately they won't, they'll simply constantly adjust/make up the tourist figure to suit as they always do. Heaven forbid that someone here actually takes responsibility for something, or even worse, changes something for the better.

An adult drinking beer with two minors......oh dear.

Now why would an older guy be having beer with a 15 and 16 year old boy, before trying to get them to come to his apartment?

My thoughts exactly on reading this. The guy doesn't sound like an innocent party.

Perhaps your powers of presience are better than my own, but "The two offered to ride him to his hotel as he could not get his motorcycle started." doesn't say anything about him trying to get the boys to his apartment.

This being Thailand, and with them not being shy in any way about outing foreigners for all the bad things that they do, do you not think they perhaps would have mentioned that if it happened?

Sounds like "they" have not been caught yet. Maybe they will say he is a perv.

An adult drinking beer with two minors......oh dear. 

Now why would an older guy be having beer with a 15 and 16 year old boy, before trying to get them to come to his apartment?

My thoughts exactly on reading this. The guy doesn't sound like an innocent party.

Perhaps your powers of presience are better than my own, but "The two offered to ride him to his hotel as he could not get his motorcycle started." doesn't say anything about him trying to get the boys to his apartment.

This being Thailand, and with them not being shy in any way about outing foreigners for all the bad things that they do, do you not think they perhaps would have mentioned that if it happened?

Sounds like "they" have not been caught yet. Maybe they will say he is  a perv.

I'm definitely not condoning what they did to him, but I'm also not going to rely on his word as the truth of the matter.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Might one say:"another nail in the coffin?"

More and more negative articles are appearing in foreign newspaper and journals, while many tourist organisations seem to become worried about Thailand.

TAT can supply good messages, but can not supply grounds for foreign organisations and governments to get positive about Thailand.

The feeling that Thailand is starting not to win the game any more gets stronger.

So as I understand, the two teenagers give him a ride back on their bike. 3 people on a bike, so where does the baseball bat come from? How do they hide that on a bike? Nobody would get on a bike with 2 guys carrying a baseball bat would they? Hmmmmmm.........

• Like 1

So as I understand, the two teenagers give him a ride back on their bike. 3 people on a bike, so where does the baseball bat come from? How do they hide that on a bike? Nobody would get on a bike with 2 guys carrying a baseball bat would they? Hmmmmmm.........

With Hua Hin being a big farang destination. You may want to consider the likelihood that the 2 offenders set out that evening with the sole intention of targeting a farang for robbery, in which case 2 scrawny little Thai kids will almost certainly be packing a weapon. What makes you think you can't attach a baseball bat onto a motorcycle? I could easily do it.

<deleted>?

From this short news clip, how the hell are you able to establish the victim's age? For all YOU know, he may be 19, there is no mention of his age, and no mention that he was a lot older.

Also, as others pointed out, there was no mention of him luring them to his hotel either, but in your sordid mind, you seem to KNOW that this was his intention.

If you have been in Thailand any length of time, you either have had your eyes wide shut all this time.

These youths obviously targeted him while he was in the bar and approached HIM and probably cadged a beer off him. Then disabled his bike to get him to follow them to their own bike with an offer of a lift home, then attacked him.

Now don't you find this version a lot more logical?

I have been in bars and been approached countless times by Thais much younger than me, and they strike up a conversation. Usually wanting a free beer. Does that make me a phedo? Normally I am with my wife. I am not up for drinking with young spunk trumpets.

Maybe if karma is everything it is cracked up to be. Then one day you may find yourself half beaten to death over a few hundred baht, and heaven forbid a thread is started about it in TVF, because you would be labelled a pedophile... With a bit of luck, anyway.

Goodness, I didn't mean to get your panties in such a bunch!

As I see it, you are reading into the story a lot more than I am! smile.png

And I have lived here a long time. But I don't normally drink out alone with strangers. I drink with my friends!

No actually, I didn't read anything into it, I don't need to. Thailand is full of these scenarios of farang getting rolled by Thais.

You managed to assume that the farang was

1. Much older than them.

2. Was a Paedo.

3. He invited them back to his apartment.

when

1. It never mentioned his age, he may have been only a couple of years older for all you know.

2. Nothing in the OP to suggest anything to do with his sexual desires.

3. The OP said he was staying in a hotel.... NOT an apartment, and mentioned an offer of a lift, and NOT an invitation to go with him.

So by adding all this fantasy to the actually story, you were able to deduce he was a nonse.... well done inspector Cleusso. You should work with Chalerm and Tarit. because you are all the same.

Edited by Thainy Tim
  • Like 2

The victim was Italian, usually Italians are more sociable than Anglophiles, so why do you want to turn him into an old pervert? They offered to take him home - well Thais ride 3 or 4 to a bike and - as for the baseball bat - they could have picked it up along the way somewhere -

owner's house or friend's cafe etc, - they wanted to rob the tourist, so their minds were turning over to arrange weapon, nothing hard to understand there. Oh and yes, recent

publicity that they can almost kill someone and get away with paying 500 Baht fine - it happened to me that a man hit me in the street with witnesses and only got given a 500 Baht fine,

even that only happened due to my persistence with the police, demanding a translator etc.

Sitting on pattaya beach last night with some friends and 3 thai guys drinking. All of a sudden one thai guy gets up and whacks one of the other thai guys over the head with a bottle. Blood everywhere. Point being that they dont racially discrimate when it comes to expressing themselves using violence.

With Hua Hin being a big farang destination. You may want to consider the likelihood that the 2 offenders set out that evening with the sole intention of targeting a farang for robbery, in which case 2 scrawny little Thai kids will almost certainly be packing a weapon. What makes you think you can't attach a baseball bat onto a motorcycle? I could easily do it.

If you read my post you will see that I asked "how would they hide a baseball bat on a scooter" of course you can attached it but it would be in full view and you would have to be beyond stupid to get on a bike with 2 thai guys carrying a baseball bat....I just can't imagine that happening....