Mayor leads High Season Pattaya Beach Clean-up

webfact

Mayor leads High Season Pattaya Beach Clean-up

beach-61.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In an attempt to improve the recently tarnished image of Pattaya City, the public and private sectors came together on Friday to take part in a Pattaya Beach clean-up.

Khun Ittipon, the Mayor of Pattaya, led the event and thanked public and private sector volunteers for attending. Hundreds of people filled black bags with refuse collected from the Central to South section of Pattaya Beach.

Also taking part in the event was Police Colonel Suwan, the Chief of Pattaya Police, who was more than happy to pick-up refuse as cameras from the local media documented the event.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/109904/mayor-leads-high-season-pattaya-beach-clean-up/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-11-23

"Chief of Pattaya Police, who was more than happy to pick-up refuse as cameras from the local media documented the event'.

Yep the BIB are always happy for a photo opportunity.

Why just do it for a chance to get your pic in the media. The Place should be clean 24/7 365 days a year and not just for the false image when the bulk of tourists arrive.

It's a bit like the woman is coming around on the 1st date for sex. The empty beer cans, pizza boxes and other women's underwear is being shoved under the sofa as she walks in the door.

"Hundreds of people filled black bags with refuse collected from the Central to South section of Pattaya Beach."

Well, I walked this section of Pattaya Beach promenade, the day after this political cleanup happened, and have to say that I was impressed with the improved cleanliness of the promenade, for a while. I can't speak for the beach, as I seldom go there, littered as it always with the beach chairs.

But as I was walking south along the promenade from Pattaya Klang, I was thinking YES, the Pattaya bigwigs have actually succeeded in reducing the ugly litter on the walkway. Then I got to the raised area opposite Mike Department Store, where the homeless derelicts hang out.

It seems that the Pattaya mayor's cleanup crew gave up cleaning at that point. The litter on the raised area, and on the walkway south of there, was undisturbed, still a disgusting eyesore all the way to Walking Street. Still, I congratulate the mayor and his friends for showing awareness of this problem, and for actually doing something positive to improve the appearance of maybe one-sixth of the beachfront promenade. This may not last long.

Mr. Mayor of Pattaya, You have correctly identified a problem, and have set about trying to fix it. You made a start. May I humbly suggest that you follow through, and hire some folks to continue picking up the litter on the promenade and on the beach, putting it in bags and carrying it to the many dumpsters on the walkway, from where the trash can be collected, compacted, and dumped.

Hiring a few litter collectors would not cost much, and would do much to improve the appearance, and image, of your newly-improved Pattaya beachfront promenade. Thank you, I hope.

If not, a few people like me will still keep on trashercizing, as we take our daily exercise on the promenade. It's actually good exercise. I could just walk north and south as I do nearly every day, getting fresh air, sunshine, and exercise. But when I carry a trash bag with me on my daily walks, and stop to pick up some of the litter from the trees; I find that bending down and picking up really enhances the fitness value of my walks.

I sweat much more when I trashercize, than when I just walk. While trashercizing, I also feel that I am contributing, giving something back to the privilege of being able to live my old age in such an amazing place as Pattaya.

Please don't bust me for not having a work permit for trashercizing. I'm not doing it for money. I just hate litter.

• 2 weeks later...