Interested in seeing pic of US Consulate

junglechef

At Expat meeting the new US Consulate General he spoke of how the building was the home of the last Lanna Prince, I suppose he was referring to the private offices, functions areas and/or his residence, that the US government rents from the Thai Government (Royal Household). This obviously is not the part where US citizens do their paperwork etc. I would be interested in seeing pics if anyone has any.

Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chao_Keo_Naovarat) in wikipedia it speaks of Chao Keo Naovarat building the house in 1934

I don't have any pics but I certainly remember the consulate back when the main building was a classic woodframed house and the yard was vast. There used to be an annual 4th of July picnic where all US citizens were invited. It was a rather hilarious mix of free lance teachers, missionaries who came out of the hills, and lots of Budweiser beer and hot dogs and hamburgers flown in for the occassion all being served to US citizens and visiting Chiang Mai dignitaries by some of the better known free lancers working the establishments where the single employees of the consulate tended to seek drink and conversation in the evenings. I only wish I had a picture of the girls from the old Karen Hut serving the Provincial governor.

• Like 2

I was thinking of suggesting that someone with one of those video camera mounted on a remote control helicopters do a fly over for me but only if they were getting ready to buy a new one anyways

The term 'friendly fire' comes to mind. biggrin.png