electriic meter

jpmerlin

You have to buy the meter. I think it is about 500 baht from PEA.

Are you sure the PEA doesn't have your meter because of a unpaid bill. You need to check with them at the district office to sort things out to get a new meter if they don't have it.

Before you're resupplied with a new meter your house will be checked by the electricity board. They will determine the amperage and issue a new meter according to their inspection. The higher the amperage the higher the deposite to be paid. I believe your meter to have been not stolen. What would be the point?

When I put my electric in not long ago they charged me 4000 odd Bht & said this was the standard price & all my Thai friends agreed with them, not in Udon area though so weather the price depends on which electric company or I got ripped i don't know. be interesting to know how much you end up paying...

Before you're resupplied with a new meter your house will be checked by the electricity board. They will determine the amperage and issue a new meter according to their inspection. The higher the amperage the higher the deposite to be paid. I believe your meter to have been not stolen. What would be the point?

you right we try to change the contract name and the power company told us the line is not standard because my wife told them we have 4 a/c, 4 tv,wash machine and other staff,now i think we need to replace the line from the house whit a bigger line before we can get a new meter,but the power company ask for about 5000 bt to install the new meter that in udon thani,plus we have to replace the all line.some people said a new meter is about 500/700 bt. maybe udon thani is more expensive?

what we pay for the meter is about the amp you want,since we have the house for sale we can get a 5 amp and the meter will be 1028 bt. and the deposite will be 600 bt,if the new owner want more power he can ask for it at the power company when he register.that what i learn today from the power company.

When I put my electric in not long ago they charged me 4000 odd Bht & said this was the standard price & all my Thai friends agreed with them, not in Udon area though so weather the price depends on which electric company or I got ripped i don't know. be interesting to know how much you end up paying...

because you probably get a 15 amp.

• Like 1

PEA have fixed installation charges depending on the size of the meter that is installed, either 5/15, 15/45 or 30/100, it does not depend on the area where you live. I have a 15/45 meter and the installation costs were in the 4000 baht range. There was a thread in the DIY forum that outlined the exact costs. The PEA site is in Thai and I can't easily find the right page. With all of the appliances that you are running you need at lest a 15/45 and PEA will not install it if the wire size between your house and the meter is too small. If you post a question in the DIY forum you will get a correct answer

I found the costs outlined in post 5 of this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/674251-electricty-meters-ratings-cost-per-kwh/. The table is in Thai, but the last column is the total cost depending on the size of the meter. If you install a 15/45 meter you must have at least 16mm2 copper or 25mm2 aluminum wire from the meter to the CU( consumer unit or fuse box). The 15/45 is 4600 + baht, the 5/15 only 768.

• Like 1