1 month visitor - best microsim/deal for data + occasional calling?

LincsLad

Hi folks,

I will shortly be visiting Pattaya for a month or so, wondering if anyone has up to date info on the best option for me as a smartphone & iPad user, wanting to use mainly data (maybe 3-5GB/month), with occasional local calls/texts?

I can use the smartphone as a wifi hotspot, so would probably only need the one microsim, but wondering what's best in terms of coverage/pricing at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

Assuming all three service providers: AIS, DTAC and TrueMove H have decent coverage, and I think they do in Pattaya, then there may not be much difference.

Each have a dizzying array of offers in the 3, 4 and 5 GB range, with little difference (in price and FuP speed), and all offer uSIMs, so not sure what to recommend. Normally, I'd recommend trying all three for a single day to see which is best for your location(s), SIMs are ~ 50 baht and daily plans are 49 baht, so it is relatively inexpensive to experiment. But this may not be worth it for a short visit. Flip a coin, throw a dart, go in alphabetical order.