Ford '3-Year' Warranty

tangaroa67

Hi,

I bought a new Ford Focus eleven months ago that included a '3-year' warranty. Now I'm told that the warranty isn't a comprehensive three-year warranty, but instead a one-year comprehensive warranty (with three years cover for the engine only).

Does anyone have access to the Ford Thailand warranty conditions (in English), or know what's right or wrong?

Many thanks :-)

What do you (or the person telling you this) mean by 'limited'?

if by limited they mean, the warranty doesn't cover consumables such as oil and fluids, and doesn't cover wear and tear items like tires, brake pads and window chips, then yep, it's limited. Just like every other manufacturer.

If by limited they mean, the warranty is only valid for 100,000KM or 3 years - whatever comes first - then again, yep, it's limited. Just like every other manufacturer.

If by limited that mean it won't cover a faulty door lock after the first year, regardless of KM travelled, then they are wrong.

If by limited they mean, Ford will try everything imaginable to avoid a major warranty claim, I'm sure a few posters here would agree....

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Limited inasmuch as there seems to be a ceiling for 'repairs' (warranty work) that if exceeded will necessitate them asking to put my hand in my own pocket, rather than troubling Ford Thailand.

I don;t expect oils, lubricants or other consumable items to be covered by any warranty, but I do expect major mechanical parts to be.

So, should it be three years (or 100,000 km), or one year? Does anyone know?

Limited inasmuch as there seems to be a ceiling for 'repairs' (warranty work) that if exceeded will necessitate them asking to put my hand in my own pocket, rather than troubling Ford Thailand.

I don;t expect oils, lubricants or other consumable items to be covered by any warranty, but I do expect major mechanical parts to be.

So, should it be three years (or 100,000 km), or one year? Does anyone know?

Ford global website says bumper to bumper 3 years so that should give a bargaining point for a letter to ford to find out.