Anti-government protesters enter Thai finance ministry

webfact

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Thaivisa posters will no doubt be familiar with photojournalist Nick Nostitz. After Bluesky TV had a section devoted to him insisiting he works for the reds (total nonsense as we know), unfortunately it then appears Nick was assaulted (not sure how badly injured he is) after being singled out by a Democrat MP from the stage:

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Democrat MP Chumpon pointed him out from the protest stage calling him a "red shirt journalist" and urged the crowd to kick him out.

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Nick said it was seconds before the first fists hit him. He is filing charges and this rules out him covering the yellow protests

He also appears to have been singled out on the Blue SkyTV FB page: https://www.facebook.com/BLUESKYChannel/posts/406698986099538

Anyway, people complaining that the anti-govt protests are not receiving coverage. Well, they were on Channel 3 last night. It'd be understandable if Channel 3 were reluctant to show them again though after they apparently forced their way in and demanded that Sorrayuth blow a whistle and apologize...

Sunai @sunaibkk 49m

Getting disgusting! While Sorayuth urged for peaceful expression & respect for different opinions, protesters demanded him to apologize.

Sunai @sunaibkk 46m

Protesters demanding Sorayuth to blow a whistle, handed to him by Democrat politician. > #Intimidation

I was very sorry to hear of this earlier today on twitter.An appalling incident (as was the intimidation of Sorayuth).I think it's worth recording that when Jonathan Head (BBC) brought Khun Korn's attention to the assault on Nick by thugs after being egged on by a Democrat MP, Korn acted very honourably and recorded his disgust at this thuggery, and undertook to get to the bottom of it.Good to know that there are at least a few gentlemen in the Democrat Party.

Yes, I was just looking at that. I think it's actually one of Korn's staff, not Korn himself (https://twitter.com/teamkorn). But it's still good that he's condemned the attack, as I'm sure Korn himself would have.

Jonathan Head @pakhead 4h @noppatjak @teamkorn Pls tell crowds - they may no like our reporting but we are trying to be open-minded and do need to report the demos

JH is on the mark, of course. If foreign journalists feel too intimidated to cover protests, then it's obvious protests won't be receiving much coverage abroad. This thing with Nick is surely related to his coverage of the PAD protests in 08. But even someone who ran a pro-PAD website agreed that what Nick reported was correct after an initial argument IIRC. Good thing Dan Rivers isn't there, I suppose.

I think Nick's distinguishing characteristic is courage.

I cannot think that a Bangkok based foreign correspondent would not value his work highly.

• Like 1

Most Thaivisa posters will no doubt be familiar with photojournalist Nick Nostitz. After Bluesky TV had a section devoted to him insisiting he works for the reds (total nonsense as we know), unfortunately it then appears Nick was assaulted (not sure how badly injured he is) after being singled out by a Democrat MP from the stage:

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Democrat MP Chumpon pointed him out from the protest stage calling him a "red shirt journalist" and urged the crowd to kick him out.

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Nick said it was seconds before the first fists hit him. He is filing charges and this rules out him covering the yellow protests

He also appears to have been singled out on the Blue SkyTV FB page: https://www.facebook.com/BLUESKYChannel/posts/406698986099538

Anyway, people complaining that the anti-govt protests are not receiving coverage. Well, they were on Channel 3 last night. It'd be understandable if Channel 3 were reluctant to show them again though after they apparently forced their way in and demanded that Sorrayuth blow a whistle and apologize...

Sunai @sunaibkk 49m

Getting disgusting! While Sorayuth urged for peaceful expression & respect for different opinions, protesters demanded him to apologize.

Sunai @sunaibkk 46m

Protesters demanding Sorayuth to blow a whistle, handed to him by Democrat politician. > #Intimidation

I was very sorry to hear of this earlier today on twitter.An appalling incident (as was the intimidation of Sorayuth).I think it's worth recording that when Jonathan Head (BBC) brought Khun Korn's attention to the assault on Nick by thugs after being egged on by a Democrat MP, Korn acted very honourably and recorded his disgust at this thuggery, and undertook to get to the bottom of it.Good to know that there are at least a few gentlemen in the Democrat Party.

Yes, I was just looking at that. I think it's actually one of Korn's staff, not Korn himself (https://twitter.com/teamkorn). But it's still good that he's condemned the attack, as I'm sure Korn himself would have.

Jonathan Head @pakhead 4h @noppatjak @teamkorn Pls tell crowds - they may no like our reporting but we are trying to be open-minded and do need to report the demos

JH is on the mark, of course. If foreign journalists feel too intimidated to cover protests, then it's obvious protests won't be receiving much coverage abroad. This thing with Nick is surely related to his coverage of the PAD protests in 08. But even someone who ran a pro-PAD website agreed that what Nick reported was correct after an initial argument IIRC. Good thing Dan Rivers isn't there, I suppose.

No journalist should be subjected to violence whatever side he may show bias towards.

As far as personal safety goes, journalists should also heed the advice given by foreign embassies/consulates. It's a Thai problem, and therefore better to let them beat each other up.

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Sunai @sunaibkk 49m

Sunai @sunaibkk 46m

No journalist should be subjected to violence whatever side he may show bias towards.

As far as personal safety goes, journalists should also heed the advice given by foreign embassies/consulates. It's a Thai problem, and therefore better to let them beat each other up.

Bad bad move. You're now no better than the red thugs. I'd hoped some lessons had been learned, but I guess that was too much to hope for.

I don't think a peaceful occupation of a government building is anywhere near in the same league as the red shirts mate. They have not burned it down and are not filling it with weapons.

Lessons probably have been learned, hence the huge contrast between the two types of demonstrations.

Have the government dropped tear gas from helicopters & sent troops in with loaded war weapons? That is what caused the red shirt violence.

Really? So all those grenade attacks, hospital invasions and other assaults by the red faithful prior to their removal were just high jinks then?

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Sunai @sunaibkk 49m

Sunai @sunaibkk 46m

problem is that this dumbass Democrat MP is hurting his cause by possibly chasing the foreign journalists away, or losing any support they may have. This really sums up how utterly dumb all these protagonists are, and why Thaksin has been able to run them a merry dance for so long.

They don't have the brains to pick their own nose, let alone look past it for a plan. I hope this idiot feels good for getting a cheer out of the crowd. P***k

• Like 2

"Tomorrow we will seize all ministries to show to the Thaksin system that they have no legitimacy to run the country," Suthep said, addressing the crowd through a loud speaker.

The way I read it, If they do go ahead with this. The Police/Military will have no option but to go in. Because like it or not they are an elected government.

Tin hats at the ready.

jb1

"Tomorrow we will seize all ministries to show to the Thaksin system that they have no legitimacy to run the country," Suthep said, addressing the crowd through a loud speaker.

The way I read it, If they do go ahead with this. The Police/Military will have no option but to go in. Because like it or not they are an elected government.

Tin hats at the ready.

jb1

The police will fight a bit. But they won't fight that much after a few of them were found guilty for the way they tried to break up the yellows before. If they fight too much, the army will come out to protect the "citizenry".

Either way, the government won't win. They must have a plan C. Thaksin always does. What can it be.

Bad bad move. You're now no better than the red thugs. I'd hoped some lessons had been learned, but I guess that was too much to hope for.

I don't think a peaceful occupation of a government building is anywhere near in the same league as the red shirts mate. They have not burned it down and are not filling it with weapons.

Lessons probably have been learned, hence the huge contrast between the two types of demonstrations.

Have the government dropped tear gas from helicopters & sent troops in with loaded war weapons? That is what caused the red shirt violence.

Myopia abounds once more with your postings RT, keep it up.

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Sunai @sunaibkk 49m

Sunai @sunaibkk 46m

That the dangers of being a partisan reporter, the chances are you end up being the news instead of reporting it. Perhaps he should have stuck to reporting from the Rajamangala National Stadium where the other rats are holed up.

So you and Khun Korn have completely different reactions to the thuggish assault on a journalist.His was honourable and gentlemanly.Yours is snide and unpleasant and devoid of class.Still I'm guessing you are not an Old Wykehamist like Korn, his school motto being Manners Makkyth Man.

I see your still sticking to the formula of misdirecting topics and commenting on posters instead of topics, lucky I didn't make a spelling mistake or you would put on your spelling natzi hat too. To say I have little respect for 'Nikolaus Freiherr von Nostitz' the prince of Silesia and his bias work is an understatement.

Edited by waza

problem is that this dumbass Democrat MP is hurting his cause by possibly chasing the foreign journalists away, or losing any support they may have. This really sums up how utterly dumb all these protagonists are, and why Thaksin has been able to run them a merry dance for so long.

They don't have the brains to pick their own nose, let alone look past it for a plan. I hope this idiot feels good for getting a cheer out of the crowd. P***k

Spot on. To use the TVF staple of "hub"

Thai politics. The hub of shooting yourself in the foot. They really are thick as sh*t the lot of them. Run a country? None of the whole sorry bunch are fit to run a bath. I'm actually impressed how Thailand manages to hold itself together with the leaders it's got and had in the past and the cr*p it goes through.

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Anasuya @Anasuya 2h

Sunai @sunaibkk 49m

Sunai @sunaibkk 46m

IMHO Nick Nostitz deserves it.

He should not have taken Thaksin money.

Nick Nostitz is quite a good photojournalist but he is definitely a dyed-in-the-wool red shirt. He reported on New Mandala that the yellow shirt protestors at Parliament in 2008 deserved to be shot with explosive tear gas grenades because they failed to observe police instructions to disperse and produced somewhat one-sided accounts of the red shirt storming of the APEC conference in Pattaya, the attack on PM Abhisit's car and the red shirt riots in 2009 and 2010. It seems that Dem MP Chumpon pointed him out from the stage and the crowd had a go at him - not a very nice thing to do but Nick must have known the risks he was running by being there as a known red shirt sympathiser. He reported an attack on TV news cars by red shirts in 2009 as if the TV crews deserved it for being biased against the red shirts. Now the screw has turned the other way.

At any rate he now has another great action man story on a par with the time when he was shot at by yellow shirt guards firing ball bearings from their sling shots. He can also report the restraint used by the demonstrators in only giving him a mild duffing up in the same way as he reported the gentleness with which the red shirt guards beat up Abhisit's secretary-general, Niphon, when they were frustrated in their attempt to murder Abhisit himself.

And, your point is? We sit here on Thaivisa being bombarded with articles from the Nation who if they had their way would tell us that Thaksin feasts on the innards of new born babies if they could get away with it.

Journalists have a bias, they report on what they see throw their own mind and emotion. Beating him up is so nonsensical, that in any other reasonable country the MP would be up on charges for insighting violence. I mean, if Abhsit is accused of murder, it will be far easier to prove that this bloke incited these idiots to beat someone up.

Thugs, the lot of them.

• Like 1

Spot on. To use the TVF staple of "hub"

Thai politics. The hub of shooting yourself in the foot. They really are thick as sh*t the lot of them. Run a country? None of the whole sorry bunch are fit to run a bath. I'm actually impressed how Thailand manages to hold itself together with the leaders it's got and had in the past and the cr*p it goes through.

I really am beginning to feel sorry for them all, and the way they see the world.

I think I will stop waiing any of them. I mean if it's a sign of respect, how on earth can anyone do so?

If the USA or UK can get Thailand to capture and deport its criminals, why can't UAE help out Thailand and deport Thaksin back to Thailand to face his criminal charges. They have an embassy there, surely they could work something out.

Edited by bangarang

If the USA or UK can get Thailand to capture and deport its criminals, why can't UAE help out Thailand and deport Thaksin back to Thailand to face his criminal charges. They have an embassy there, surely they could work something out.

Because, the UAE take the US and UK seriously. Unlike here in Disneyland.

• Like 2

Hopefully the baht will take a nice depreciation drop.

wich will also be bad for Thailand, on wich side are you ??

In all this, honestly? Mine.

PS The word's 'which' BTW.

Edited by jpeg

There are good reasons to make Yingluck step down but also good reasons not to follow the Yellows. If Thailand is ruled by a democratic society which voted for PM, so it is quite obvious to follow parliamental rules. An impeachment might be a way, but even others. Of course Y. made mistakes to protect her brother in bringing the amnesty bill into parliament, but on the other hand she is going her way to get investors for a better future of Thais. The flood management is one of the biggest issues. Nobody did it before her!! And to improve infrastructure, e.g. trains/China will have an great impact to thai economy. Sure the rice pledging system might have some problems but give security to rice farmers.

Thais should stay to their democracy and go a democratic way, not turmoiling or rioting. The army is ready to rumble.

Shutting down the finance ministry may not be so silly, after all they are the ones who dispense the funds to pay all the bills for the Govt departments and offices around the country.

If what I hear is correct then it is close to the time of the month when funds should be paid out, without them , no power, no phones, no water, no pay for staff, Govt offices everywhere shut down.

• Like 2

There are good reasons to make Yingluck step down but also good reasons not to follow the Yellows. If Thailand is ruled by a democratic society which voted for PM, so it is quite obvious to follow parliamental rules. An impeachment might be a way, but even others. Of course Y. made mistakes to protect her brother in bringing the amnesty bill into parliament, but on the other hand she is going her way to get investors for a better future of Thais. The flood management is one of the biggest issues. Nobody did it before her!! And to improve infrastructure, e.g. trains/China will have an great impact to thai economy. Sure the rice pledging system might have some problems but give security to rice farmers.

Thais should stay to their democracy and go a democratic way, not turmoiling or rioting. The army is ready to rumble.

An still, there are those labouring under the delusion that airhead Yingluck has had/has/unlikely to ever have, any say in any decision making process here.

• Like 1

<deleted>,  "no better than the red thugs"   you want a scan for sure.  I hope some lessens can be learned and the Thai people are never bought again at election time.  To add -never got what was promised them.  The only thing they achieved was mega corruption.

EVER BOUGHT AGAIN? methinks you jest. This govt has access to billions to buy the people. And guess what I have learned from western politics is that most of the people can be BOUGHT ALL OF TGE TOME. So you think Thailand is different?

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

Look at it from the bright side. The South is quiet. No bombings, no soldiers murdered, no teachers and children beheaded. All the scum have been sent to Bangkok by the Democrat Party. Foreign journalists are attacked like in 2010 accused by Democrat congressmen of being red shirt supporters and three ministeries are ransacked.

Anyone wants more proof that yellow shirts are undemocratic and narcissists?

enlighten me who are you refering to as scum...wai.gif

• Like 1

Most Thaivisa posters will no doubt be familiar with photojournalist Nick Nostitz.

snipped

Is this trivial news going to get airplay on every thread?

Never mind double-posting or even triple-posting, as this is the fourth thread I've seen this brought up.

rolleyes.gif

The photos show he wasn't injured.

coffee1.gif

Edited by myan

I hope they have the sense to stay away from the airports this time.

nope, they can do anything they ever wish to do - they are covered by an immunity from the bosses at the top.

book a train, bus, boat in advance, going to be crowded

If they would have some magical rich bosses, they would simply bought the last elections or at least the MPs.....So more it seems it is the people who are fed up with corruption.

So they let Suthep, one of the most corrupt men to ever enter Thai Parliament, lead them by the nose, what a pathetic joke !

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif