Suthep urges people to seize government offices

Lite Beer

Suthep urges people to seize government offices

208778-imagejpeg-316733-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban has urged people throughout the country to seize government officials with their bare hands in a bid to overthrow the Thaksin regime.

Defending his decision urging his protesters to seize the Finance Ministry, Public Relations Department and Budget Bureau, the former Democrat MP explained that the peaceful seizure of the premises was intended to prevent them from being used by Thaksin regime.

“This is the people’s process, not the Democrats’ process. We did for the people, not for the Democrat party,” said Suthep, urging government officials to rise up to reject Thaksin regime.

He announced that the protesters wanted to set up a government of the people which will set a new order for the country – one which is truly democratic with the King as the head of state.

He said the protesters would not demand anything from the government “because the government is already null and void because it does not respect the Constitution Court.”

He categorically dismissed the sedition charge that the police would lodge against him saying that the government itself has rejected the Constitution as well as the charter court.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-urges-people-seize-government-offices/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=suthep-urges-people-seize-government-offices

--Thai PBS 2013-11-25

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban has urged people throughout the country to seize government officials with their bare hands in a bid to overthrow the Thaksin regime.

What a load of crap.

He urged people in other provinces to follow the example at the ministry by seizing government agencies to protect themselves from the "illegitimate administration".

Nothing about seizing government officials with their bare hands.

More stupidly twisted alarmist reporting.

I suppose you only believe what you want to believe....naive at best if you think Suthep and his supporters are not capable of massive wrongs and violence.

• Like 2

I am waiting for the usual suspects, to defend this!

When have you ever condemned red behaviour?

Physical violence should be condemned by all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't need to pat myself on the back, but I have condemned violence more than once, in all walks of life.

That includes "red" violence!

Protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban has urged people throughout the country to seize government officials with their bare hands in a bid to overthrow the Thaksin regime.

What a load of crap.

He urged people in other provinces to follow the example at the ministry by seizing government agencies to protect themselves from the "illegitimate administration".

Nothing about seizing government officials with their bare hands.

More stupidly twisted alarmist reporting.

I suppose you only believe what you want to believe....naive at best if you think Suthep and his supporters are not capable of massive wrongs and violence.

+I would say that the only naivity being displayed here is by YOU.

The position that Suthep has spent a month getting his rally to is very favourable and showing great signs of success.

You seriously think that he is going to get into this position while begging everyone to remain non-violent and not damage any property all along the way... Then go and blow it all and then come out with a statement such as seize government officials with your bare hands...

Man you have a cheek to call ME naive.

It is you that is naive, and also a very selective believer which you have been called out on many many times on this board.

You truly are naive.

The plan is to remove this government we are told in 3 days by fair means or foul.

What also is becoming clear and has been alluded to on other sites is there are NO plans for further elections and that a new order is being planned.

"He announced that the protesters wanted to set up a government of the people which will set a new order for the country – one which is truly democratic with the King as the head of state.

He said the protesters would not demand anything from the government “because the government is already null and void because it does not respect the Constitution Court.”

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-urges-people-seize-government-offices/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=suthep-urges-people-seize-government-offices

Yes.. I read that too, but why are you throwing it at me.... it's not even part of my conversation and is related in no way whatsoever.

Please answert his. Where are the details in the report, that points to Suthep's statement 'seize government officials with their bare hands'?? Considering that the only place that was said was in the sub-headline.

No sir.... this just proves that YOU are the truly naive one, along with your mate above.

Somebody in the anti-Thaksin group should seize Suthep by the throat and throttle him. This is going WAAAY too far. You don't replace non-democratic behavior with non-democratic behavior.

Where are you from,

This the bases of democratic process, from 1776 to recent actions in Egypt, Libya, etc. etc. Also the only way to combat a corrupt government

• Like 1

I am waiting for the usual suspects, to defend this!

Suthep does have a point - legally - that, if the government doesn't accept final Court decisions, then there's not much incentive for anyone else to either.

Morally, however, possibly not. I was taught when I was pretty young that two wrongs don't make a right. It's hard to believe that someone trained and very experienced in political horsetrading and the like has overlooked this moral viewpoint preached by every religion ever to exist.

What is more democratic than an elected government?

This government may have been democratically elected, but it's one of the least democratic governments I have seen in my lifetime.

• Like 2

What is more democratic than an elected government?

A non corrupt dictorship , sorry but its true but this won't happen around here for a few generations

A non corrupt dictatorship in Thailand?! Who are 100000 protestors against an elected government? Not only in Thailand the constitution court have to rule the government. This happens also in Europe without a group calling for dissolving the parliament. The last election in Thailand was free an regular.

• Like 2

ISA has been expanded to include other parts of Bangkok and surrounding provinces...

YL broke the gripping soap opera Lamyong to announce this...

Sounds like 2010, in reverse and sans violence - for the time being...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

ISA has been expanded to include other parts of Bangkok and surrounding provinces...

YL broke the gripping soap opera Lamyong to announce this...

Sounds like 2010, in reverse and sans violence - for the time being...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yep... saw that one.

Sounds like it came straight from Dubai.

So basically attempting to make it unlawful to protest anywhere.

If anything is going to spark violent confrontations.... this is.

WTG Thakluck