Chalerm warns demonstrators to leave venues before they face serious charges

webfact

Chalerm warns demonstrators to leave venues before they face serious charges

BANGKOK, 26 November 2013 (NNT) – Minister of Labour Chalerm Yubamrung on Monday warned demonstrators in Bangkok to leave the state offices they have seized, before they are prosecuted under serious charges.

Police Captain Chalerm asserted the blockade and seizing of several state offices in Bangkok were damaging the country and were considered violations of the Criminal Code.

He would thus like to warn members of the public who have been misled into joining such acts to leave the compounds of the said state offices before they are charged under serious offenses.

The minister noted that law enforcement officials were empowered to immediately make arrests for such violations without having to wait for warrants from the court.

Pol. Capt. Chalerm added that if state assets were seized or destroyed, the charge of destroying public property would be added among other charges against the protest leaders.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-26 footer_n.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some reports say the anti government protesters have camped in the compound of the various ministries. Maybe that is one reason the RTP had no success in their attempt to make an arrest. The protestors seem to be tip toeing along a line that is hard for the government enforcement crew to comprehend.. Not surprising when you consider latters methods of protest which have been displayed.

The restraint shown thus far is commendable. Well done team red, the better people without doubt.

Is this to be entered for the joke of the year, or are you just kidding?

Jesus Artisi he's only been on TVF half an hour, he's excited, but I agree he must be kidding.

Oh, sorry in that case a cold shower might help.

Red heros may well be an apt term, letting the spoilt, childish brats do what they are doing.

Newbie...go read some history and then come back and edit your posts.

Oh...and here is that sarcasm emoticon

whistling.gif

Would think that constructive advise would be like beatdeadhorse.gif

C'mon Suthep, please rock up to the Ministry of Labour and hold a sit in... This would just be the pièce de résistance...

Now that would seriously piss Chalerm off big time - don't interfere with his watering hole - guess the office must be well stocked by now with his daily infusion of big mouth medicine.

• Like 2

The restraint shown thus far is commendable. Well done team red, the better people without doubt.

So you would have been full of praise for Abhisit in 2010, waiting nearly 4 weeks before doing anything. Great restraint.

He is already aware of that fact but it doesn't fit in the red addenda.

So you would have been full of praise for Abhisit in 2010, waiting nearly 4 weeks before doing anything. Great restraint.

Which govt offices had the reds occupied at that point?

They stormed government house and Thaicom. At Thaicom, they used molotov cocktails.

They stormed government house and Thaicom. At Thaicom, they used molotov cocktails.

True but they didn't occupy. If I were YL now, I'd just try to wait them out. They've promised to quit by the 5th, so why take any action? Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing.

True but they didn't occupy. If I were YL now, I'd just try to wait them out. They've promised to quit by the 5th, so why take any action? Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing.

They didn't occupy, but they were violent. Abhisit tried the "do nothing" approach, but the red shirts escalated every step of the way. I fear that's what will happen this time.

Abhisit was the head of an elected government?

I think you need to read up on your Thai history.

*sigh*

Maybe you don't understand how PMs are elected in Thailand.

never mind, it's not worth the hassle, just another red troll.

Or maybe it's nothing to do with 'trolling' but rather a genuine disagreement. Some consider the law or correct procedure under the law the most important thing. Some consider the principle than undergirds the law. Of course, people are naturally adjusting their positions on this according to whichever side they support, but whatever.

Hopefully Chalerm's son will be leading the charge when they arrest Suthep the criminal. biggrin.png

You know about Chalerm's son right and how upstanding and law abiding he is?

Why do you think I mentioned it. huh.png

They're all the same mate, every single one of them, the only difference is one side get elected by the majority time and time again, the other cannot accept losing and spit the dummy Thai style - screaming, shouting, violence.

Read up on your Thai history DLock.

I share the same opinion with you.

She (yingl.)is elect by the most people from Thailand ,so let her do her job and send all those yellow rabble back home. And those TV yellow farang go back to your hammock and watch you football and let politic to the politicians .

They didn't occupy, but they were violent. Abhisit tried the "do nothing" approach, but the red shirts escalated every step of the way. I fear that's what will happen this time.

Well, anyway, even if that's true, they are where they are now and there's nothing the govt can do about it without at least a measure of violence. So better leave them alone for now because Suthep promised it'd be over in the next few days anyway.