Phone Reroute

h90

we change to a different office and most of our customer do not know the new phone number.

We got told that it is NOT possible to take the old phone number because the area is too far, it is NOT possible to forward the calls (in europe you can program the phone so the call is forwarded, it needs 2 min and you can do it yourself). But it is possible to forward it to a mobile phone number.

But we have to buy a new mobile phone from them (sounds fishy) and we need a lot of documents (due to the move we have a big mess). As well it does not work for fax.

Does anyone has experience, we are on "true" I think

IMO they are taking "advantage" of you.

You say your in an office but you dont mention anything about your phone system. Basically its the office phone switch (PABX) that needs to be reconfigured to forward the lines. A call forward is just that a forward. The switch does not care where it diverts a call to.

BTW The job should take less that 1 minute to do. ;-)

Edited by Para

True does have a call forward system(well atleast their land line in Bangkok does).

I used this service when i was told by a credit card company to which i was applying, that they would call me sometime on my home phone to verify my phone number. I forwarded my home phone to my mobile (DTAC) and it worked.

There was a string of numbers to dial to enable/disable this service and it all can be done without contacting true.

The same would work for your fax also.

This was a few months ago and i have totally no recollection if i had applied for anything special or not.

Another incident with TOT in deep south...

TOT opened a new telephone exchange near our location(the previous one was really far), they forcefully changed our telephone numbers. in return they put in a message in thai anouncing the new number.

True does have a call forward system(well atleast their land line in Bangkok does).

I used this service when i was told by a credit card company to which i was applying, that they would call me sometime on my home phone to verify my phone number. I forwarded my home phone to my mobile (DTAC) and it worked.

There was a string of numbers to dial to enable/disable this service and it all can be done without contacting true.

The same would work for your fax also.

This was a few months ago and i have totally no recollection if i had applied for anything special or not.

Another incident with TOT in deep south...

TOT opened a new telephone exchange near our location(the previous one was really far), they forcefully changed our telephone numbers. in return they put in a message in thai anouncing the new number.

yes I think so, too. Do you or anyone has an idea how to program that, most probably just *code*number or something simillar.

If I remember right it's: **21*number#

george, thanks but before I try, do you know how to delete it afterwards?

if I try on the business phone and it is wrong :o

from true it is basically impossible to speak with an human.