Chinese man found strangled in room, wife injured after balcony jump at Phuket hotel

webfact

Man found strangled in room, wife injured after balcony jump at Phuket hotel
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Chinese man is dead and his wife is in Mission Hospital with life-threatening injuries after an incident at a hotel in Phuket Town this morning (November 26) around 8.50am.

Phuket Town Police arrived to the Pago Design Hotel on Thepkrassattri Rd in Phuket Town and found a Chinese man dead in the hotel room, believed to be strangled.

His wife had jumped off the balcony and was seriously injured with cuts to her neck and chest. She was taken to Mission Hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-found-strangled-in-room-wife-injured-after-balcony-jump-at-phuket-hotel-43068.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-11-26

Slashed woman dies after Phuket hotel fall, roommate found dead
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_20131126161025566_vbMeoipvmPZ
The fallen lamp in the blood-splattered room. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Chinese tourist has died after falling from the second-floor balcony of a Phuket Town hotel this morning while bleeding heavily from deep lacerations.

Jiang Chengyuem, 42, left a suicide note behind before leaping from The Pago hotel balcony with cuts across her throat, wrists, chest and stomach, said Phuket City Police Deputy Superintendent Prawit Engchuan.

Chinese tourists who were part of Ms Jiang’s tour group gave police a rough translation of the text: “We’ll be together forever. Even though you have gone, I will be with you.”

Ms Jiang was rushed to Vachira Phuket Hospital for treatment, but pronounced dead at about 3pm, Col Prawit told the Phuket Gazette.

Inside Ms Jiang’s room, Phuket City Police found the body of Li Ming, 41.

“The room had two twin beds. The bed with the body of Mr Li in it was soaked with blood,” Col Prawit explained. “We found blood on the walls and floor too.”

Mr Li’s face was blue. It is likely that he was smothered, Col Prawit said.

Also in the room police found shards of wine glass, a broken lamp, sleeping pills and several unidentified drugs.

Police believe that Mr Li had been dead for over 10 hours by the time officers arrived.

Ms Jiang and Mr Li were travelling with other Chinese tourists in Phuket and were expected to leave for China tomorrow.

“The group stayed in Patong the night before, and checked into the hotel at about 9pm last night,” Col Prawit said.

Police are continuing their investigation.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Slashed-woman-dies-after-Phuket-hotel-fall-roommate-found-dead-22877.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-11-26

Maybe one of the Thai visa detective inspector's can tell us exactly what (may or may not) of happened...

Solved! The man pushed the wife off the balcony then he strangled himself. By using his toes, he tightened the nose, a la yoga upside down chinese kung <deleted> killer cricket style and then threw himself upside down so that he landed right side up.

I bees good!!

Not sure about the rest but, the "tightened nose" shoulda' done the trick biggrin.png

Another suicide ? again. Actually the balcony jumping thing happens here in Sydney also, don't they know humans cannot fly,, take my word for it,, i've tried and i cannot fly, all i got was a mouthfull of sand but i was only 9 years old.

If Miss Marple were around, she would have pinned it on one or more of the other members of the Chinese tour group by now. Unfortunately the Thai cops just asked them what the note said and they got off the hook. Actually the note really said, "The guy in seat C3 on the tour bus did it."

What a very sad story. Even sadder because of the suicide note: "We’ll be together forever. Even though you have gone, I will be with you."

Being an antitheist, I feel very sorry for anybody who believes in an afterlife.