home theater hassles...any local repairers

johnmcc6

I have a Phillips home theater system that can't read discs for some reason. The usb works as does all the other features. When disc is entered it says loading for a long time then goes to no disc. This happens to all discs entered both legit movies and music. I contacted customer service who tell me authorized dealer is in Phuket. Anyone know of a repair place in C M???

Yes, you can buy a cleaning kit which consists of a special disc with a soft surface and some fluid. Cleaning the accrued crap off the lens could well resurrect it in no time. They're normally available in electrical shops, probably find them in Powerbuy or the appliance dept of Big C or Tesco.

Yes, you can buy a cleaning kit which consists of a special disc with a soft surface and some fluid. Cleaning the accrued crap off the lens could well resurrect it in no time. They're normally available in electrical shops, probably find them in Powerbuy or the appliance dept of Big C or Tesco.

Thanks for tips...tried cleaning laser with no success but will get the kit you described and see if the solution that comes with it does the trick.

I just happened to notice a new Philips Service Center today. Hasn't been there long. It is on the utility road that runs alongside the Super Highway between Teppanya Hospital (Mae Jo Road) and the new Central shopping mall (Doi Saket Road). Sansai area.

Edited by elektrified