10 baht stamp

I just got my 90 day report receipt back today from Nan Immigration in the envelope I submitted with 10 baht postage affixed. No mention of any change in policy.

Actually, when I was at the office 3 months ago, they told me a 5 baht stamp is all that is needed.

Edited by curtklay

Of course, everybody has different information.

32 baht is EMS (Express Mail Service) fastest and trackable

18 baht is Thai Post Registered (not EMS, but still trackable)

5 or 10 baht is regular Thai Post (not trackable) 5 baht seems to be enough, although some think it's 10.

Immigration may advise you to use EMS, but I don't believe it is required. I use Thai Registered to send it, but 10 baht regular mail on the return envelope. In 4 years, I have never been told otherwise.

Up to you.

I actually pay 37 (not 32) THB EMS postage for my mailed-in 90-day reports to Maptaput, and have thus far enclosed with each report an SAE bearing stamps to the value of 10 THB for the notification slip. However I was surprised to see that an EMS sticker had been affixed to the SAE containing my my latest slip when it was delivered to me! Presumably Maptaput had paid the extra postage themselves, although no request for me to enclose SAE's bearing stamps to the value of 37 THB with future reports was included.

It would be helpful if the OP could clarify whether Nan informed him of the extra SAE postage before or after he submitted his latest report.

Edited by OJAS

I wish I could moan about paying more than the cost of a postage stamp to do my 90 day report, but the regional offices closest to me (Korat Dan Kwien Pottery Village & Kap Choeng in Buriram) don't accept mail in reports so It costs me around 500 baht in diesel for a round trip......You must be very lucky guys if this all you have to whine about.....

Edited by mxyzptlk
  • Like 1

I wish I could moan about paying more than the cost of a postage stamp to do my 90 day report, but the regional offices closest to me (Korat Dan Kwien Pottery Village & Kap Choeng in Buriram) don't accept mail in reports so It costs me around 500 baht in diesel for a round trip......You must be very lucky guys if this all you have to whine about.....

IMHO you would be far better off directing your resentment at your local immigration office for refusing to accept mailed-in reports rather than at any of the posters on this particular thread including myself.

I didn't hear any moaning or whining from anyone other than you.

Edited by curtklay
  • Like 1

IMHO you would be far better off directing your resentment at your local immigration office for refusing to accept mailed-in reports rather than at any of the posters on this particular thread including myself.

It's not resentment, merely a statement of what happens at my local offices

I actually pay 37 (not 32) THB EMS postage for my mailed-in 90-day reports to Maptaput, and have thus far enclosed with each report an SAE bearing stamps to the value of 10 THB for the notification slip. However I was surprised to see that an EMS sticker had been affixed to the SAE containing my my latest slip when it was delivered to me! Presumably Maptaput had paid the extra postage themselves, although no request for me to enclose SAE's bearing stamps to the value of 37 THB with future reports was included.

It would be helpful if the OP could clarify whether Nan informed him of the extra SAE postage before or after he submitted his latest report.

before

• Like 1