LPG for car

mataleo

I have LPG for four years, did about 150,000 km with it and no problems whatsoever. Saved me a lot of money!

Did the conversion at the gas station next to the flower market, more or less opposite the BPH.

The only downsides are that you loose half of your trunk and a little bit of engine power. The latter you only feel when flooring the pedal.

Another downside that you become rather relaxed about empty tanks. When you're running out of LPG so what, there is still the regular petrol in the other tank. This can become an issue when you rent a car with only one tank as yours truly can attest you...

I have a Honda civic with a 2 liter engine.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Thx

Whats the installation costs?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

depends on the type/size of the tank, but for a saloon car around 22k baht, maybe a bit less. I had a donut tank installed as small car boot for 19.5k baht. Remember the installation company must provide the necessary paperwork for your insurance company. also install needs to be certified by the Transportation office and a certificate issued as well as updating the car blue book, cannot remember the cost, but not much (450 baht?)

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Cannot remember the paperwork attached to it biggrin.png

I paid around 30,000 but that is four years ago and I had the money back just a couple of months later.

maybe the processed has changed, I installed LPG a year ago so I followed the advice of the install & insurance companies as I like to keep all things legal. As you said your install was fours years ago, may like to note, Transport Dept said need to check and have new certificate, displayed on the windscreen, for the install every five years

Edited by simple1

I just went salon on sukumvit

Price is 21500 for donught or tank ...

I think they ok shop looks big..

Its At the rear of the old showroom for Proton on Sukhumvit Road 320/15, Moo 12 (right hand side towards Sattahip)

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Edited by mataleo

I just went salon on sukumvit Price is 21500 for donught or tank ... I think they ok shop looks big.. Its At the rear of the old showroom for Proton on Sukhumvit Road 320/15, Moo 12 (right hand side towards Sattahip) Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

yep, these are the guys I used, put a bit of pressure on them & maybe get a price reduction

• 2 months later...

My 2001 Honda Civic (1.7 L) has been running LPG for 100,000 km.

Today I filled up (42.05 liters), the cost was 620 baht (14.75 baht per liter).

I did 366 km on that fill-up. 600 baht divided by 366 km = 1.69 baht per km.

My driving is 80% in the city (Chiang Mai), 20% on highways around the city.

There is no loss of power with the LPG, nor any problems whatsoever.

My next car will definitely have LPG.

• Like 1

Ngv/cng its compressed natural gas mostly methane,it gives good power nearly as much as petrol but at a cheaper cost,but is more expensive to setup and has to be done by certified installer,bigger tank fuel injection recalibrated on switch for petrol/ngv mix and if running fulltime ngv cylinder valves may need to be changed as they dont get as much cooling as petrol provides,ive wondered if sealing a carburettor and having it go through that into throttle body would work dont see why not,than you can switch efi fuel pump off and keep driving off that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by stedyedy

Lpg vs ngv ?

mataleo

The main advantage of NGV: the marginally lower price of the fuel itself, compared to other auto fuels.

The disadvantage of NGV: the much smaller number of fueling station in Thailand, even in Bangkok, compared to LPG.

For these reasons, corporate fleets operating within the city of Bangkok, including many taxi companies, ate the main users of NGV.

For most private individuals, LPG is the more practical and economical choice.

NGV costs more to install the equipmrnt in the car, NVG tank is heavy to cope with the 3000 PSI of pressure.

( I hear ) takes longer to fill up the NGV tank.

There are plenty of NGV stations around Pattaya but they allways seem to have long lines of trucks, busses and taxis waiting.

NGV is cheaper than LPG ,

The government has said ( and is ) it will reduce the subsidy provided towards LPG as it wants to back NGV as the alternative fuel

for Thailand so LPG is getting increasingly more expensive.

• Like 1

NGV costs more to install the equipmrnt in the car, NVG tank is heavy to cope with the 3000 PSI of pressure.

( I hear ) takes longer to fill up the NGV tank.

There are plenty of NGV stations around Pattaya but they allways seem to have long lines of trucks, busses and taxis waiting.

NGV is cheaper than LPG ,

The government has said ( and is ) it will reduce the subsidy provided towards LPG as it wants to back NGV as the alternative fuel

for Thailand so LPG is getting increasingly more expensive.

If there were "plenty" of stations there wouldn't be long lines, would there?

Long lines means too fee stations.

"Plenty" and "too few" are opposites, I think... huh.png