one tree snake versus two tukkae

Stewpid Kynt

...golden t.s. i think they are rear fanged so not dangerous but wow, what a vid, looks like the tokay escapes at the end, amazing to see the second one attack the snake....

It seems to me that it's the snake that escapes at the end. The two tokays are clearly trying to eat the snake.

Sophon

Wouldn't of thought a green tree boa (Emerald boa).

Natural habitat of that species is South American countries.

Head is also not very broad for a boa constrictor.

Great video though.

Well, it's green, lives in the trees (I've seen them) and it is some kind of constrictor so I thew in boa. It' the NEW Thailand green tree boa laugh.png

And I don't think the tokay are trying to eat it. The snake naturally preys on them not vice versa. I am shocked one helped the other fight the snake. Didn't think reptiles worked that way. Very cool video.

• Like 2

BTW, where did this encounter take place?

Mac

dont know. but mainly only thai and perhaps parts of perhaps laos,burma,cambo have these lizards.

script is in thai, people are speaking thai, seen/heard them myself more often in isaan than elsewhere.

Edited by Stewpid Kynt

Wouldn't of thought a green tree boa (Emerald boa).

Natural habitat of that species is South American countries.

Head is also not very broad for a boa constrictor.

Great video though.

Well, it's green, lives in the trees (I've seen them) and it is some kind of constrictor so I thew in boa. It' the NEW Thailand green tree boa laugh.png

And I don't think the tokay are trying to eat it. The snake naturally preys on them not vice versa. I am shocked one helped the other fight the snake. Didn't think reptiles worked that way. Very cool video.

Agree...cool vid...and apparently reptiles aren't as dumb as mist think. Article in NYT just the other day about new studies showing reps have greater cognition skills than once thought.

...golden t.s. i think they are rear fanged so not dangerous but wow, what a vid, looks like the tokay escapes at the end, amazing to see the second one attack the snake....

Dammit!! Put in a "*** SPOILER ALERT ***" first! wink.png

Here's a tip, Winnie; watch vid, read rest of thread. wink.png

Those Tokay's are nothing to mess with...

The snake came far better off.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yeah...sorta wonder if the tokay suffered any permanent injuries from being in that stranglehold...don't forget, we don't know how long he was in the snake's embrace before the filming started.

Those Tokay's are nothing to mess with, I got bit by one in Laos not a fun experience (not dangerous but painful), think I'd rather take my chances with the Boa!

The look horrible! When I lived near the jungle I had loads that would come into my house. If i went near them they would open their mouths and snap at me, I can imagine the bite being very bad!

Did the bite draw blood?

It looks more like an Oriental whip snake to me. It has a pointed head. The Golden Tree snake has a more blunt head. Whatever it is, I like the video. I have watched Golden Tree snakes capturing and eating Tokaes and large frogs. Fascinating.

Those Tokay's are nothing to mess with, I got bit by one in Laos not a fun experience (not dangerous but painful), think I'd rather take my chances with the Boa!

Tokay aren't a problem.

I used to have three around the house.

One adapted to hand feeding.

Now only have one.

They can however grow into very large specimens.

Imagine a two or three foot,Tokay.

• Like 1

Tokay aren't a problem.

I used to have three around the house.

One adapted to hand feeding.

Now only have one.

They can however grow into very large specimens.

Imagine a two or three foot,Tokay.

The one 10-12 inch one that bit my hand in Laos was more than enough for me! They are beautiful looking creatures though.

BTW, where did this encounter take place?

On a ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Looked more like an outside wall to me...I think the videographer was speaking Thai so I guess Thailand.

The person is speaking Thai, at 10 seconds in you can clearly hear, "look at the tail, it cant breathe"

If you can read Thai script, you will notice the title is pretty cool as well.