safest, fastest, cheapest way to send a document to the USA ?

daoyai

You can't have all three. Cheapest -- regular Thai Post or scan & email. Fastest -- fax or scan & email. Safest -- DHL/FedEx/UPS where there's good trace-ability.

Thai Post offers a special service called EMS that is a budget version of DHL/FedEx/UPS. It's about 500 baht and I've used with good results in several situations where the receiving party in the U.S. would accept a scan & email of a document to get started with whatever needed to be done but needed the actual signed copy for their files at some point in the near future. This would be the situation in dealing with the VA and often with many banks -- they'll get started with your request, just so they get the signed original document within a set period of time.

Incidentally, I've never had any problems in using regular Thai post -- it just takes about three weeks for the mail to reach the U.S., but it always has arrived. The "trick" is that I mail from a Thai post office -- not a contract location and always watch them put the stamp on the envelop and put into the mail system.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

There are a number of mail services that will let you upload documents and they will be printed and mailed within 24 hours in the US.

Most of these are oriented towards bulk mail and businesses but I have sent individual letters with click2mail.com. If I remember correctly it only cost about $1.50.

Some even allow you to email the documents to them with a special subject line once you have an account set up with a prepaid balance.

I would guess these businesses would keep your mail secure when uploaded. Some of them can be found here:

https://www.usps.com/send/create-mail-and-postage.htm

Grin

Edited by grin
  • Like 1

thanks, I will need to use a fedx.dhl.ups option as the original doc. is needed ....

I use Landtech for my official , secured and legal docs. Very easy. I have done lease Agreements and sold property on the road with this software. Never had any problem with escrow officer or other agency.

• Like 1

You can't have all three. Cheapest -- regular Thai Post or scan & email. Fastest -- fax or scan & email. Safest -- DHL/FedEx/UPS where there's good trace-ability.

Thai Post offers a special service called EMS that is a budget version of DHL/FedEx/UPS. It's about 500 baht and I've used with good results in several situations where the receiving party in the U.S. would accept a scan & email of a document to get started with whatever needed to be done but needed the actual signed copy for their files at some point in the near future. This would be the situation in dealing with the VA and often with many banks -- they'll get started with your request, just so they get the signed original document within a set period of time.

Incidentally, I've never had any problems in using regular Thai post -- it just takes about three weeks for the mail to reach the U.S., but it always has arrived. The "trick" is that I mail from a Thai post office -- not a contract location and always watch them put the stamp on the envelop and put into the mail system.

Agree with all above. And worth investigating what kcore, daoyai, and grin have suggested.

Sometimes I wonder what will happen to us all when the electricity goes off for "too long"! smile.png

Edited by Mapguy

Don't know about the US but have never had a problem with regular Thai Post to the UK.

Takes a max of 5 working days (mainly due to the UK end).

They offer a registered service but never used it.

I do scan original documents as back-up but never needed so far.

Just make sure you make clear it's going to USA as I have had some Post office counter personnel get a bit confused between UK and US, but they are always friendly and helpful; generally speak good English too.

You can buy any size of envelope there very cheaply.

Edited by Bpuumike