True Pre-Pay Mobile Internet Packages?

VisaEd

Was just in 7-11 and they had lots of cards on display for various true packages. Such as:

· 1 day of 3g for 50 baht

· 30 days of social media (Facebook, Line, etc) for 99 baht

I tried to buy one to test it out but they wouldn’t let me.

Does anyone know what they are and how you use them?

Thanks

Ah, are they for new sims only? I thought they might be an add-on you could buy for an existing sim?

If buying a new sim, can you choose from multiple deals/packages or just one?

How does the social media one work? Do you get internet access but only for the sites listed, such as Facebook, Line etc?

Thanks!

Not necessarily.

Typically you can layer anything onto an existing SIM. I'm guessing you have a TrueMove H SIM now? And maybe a smartphone? And maybe you want to use mobile (3G) data?

Maybe it would be easier if you just tell us what you have: phone make/model, SIM, and what you want?

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/toppings/iplay/entry/654

Its a True sim from a few years ago, sorry, don't know the name.

Basically I'm after a cheap way of getting online out of the house, but don't really want to spend 1000 baht a month on a data package.

So when I saw what seems to be acccess to Whatsapp, Line and Facebook for 99 baht a month, it piqued my interest.

Thanks.

OK, it sounds like you have an old TrueMove SIM/plan/service, and these new-fangled plans you see are available from TrueMove H. This might explain why you were unable to purchase them?

Might be a good idea to switch over to TrueMove H, you can keep your same number, maybe have to get a new physical SIM? Then you could get any number of decent mobile data plans, no need to spend 1,000 baht a month.

This assume you have a smart-ish phone capable of 850 MHz 3G. And coverage of course.