Empty place next to the go kart track (used to be players)

N47HAN

Was considering opening a second showroom in Phuket , so have been looking around. The rents quoted have been figures from thin air I think.

However I may be wrong and just out of touch of what rents can be commanded now.

Ive spoken to the aforementioned place today.

Very nice lady answered the phone , spoke perfect english.

But heres the thing , taking into the yearly key money asked for the total monthly rent equated to 113,000.00 thb !!

Surely that cant be right , can it ?

Maybe its me out of touch.

Opinions please if you know the place im talking about.

Heck the owner may well be a membet of TV , if so please send me a pm.

Cheers

That's the old Rang Rak (than it became Players Retreat). Not exactly sure what you want it for? Was done up a few times in recent years. Bathrooms were OK and it had a pretty nice kitchen. Parking on the road is available, but not ideal. Price seems way too high.

Was considering opening a second showroom in Phuket , so have been looking around. The rents quoted have been figures from thin air I think.

However I may be wrong and just out of touch of what rents can be commanded now.

Ive spoken to the aforementioned place today.

Very nice lady answered the phone , spoke perfect english.

But heres the thing , taking into the yearly key money asked for the total monthly rent equated to 113,000.00 thb !!

Surely that cant be right , can it ?

Maybe its me out of touch.

Opinions please if you know the place im talking about.

Heck the owner may well be a membet of TV , if so please send me a pm.

Cheers

Barmy!!!!!

No chance

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

And long may it stand empty, thats the mentality of Thai landlords, regarding my business, one of our premises the thai landlord said " oh the rent is going up and i want key money", i looked back at them and smiled and said brilliant, this was in the middle of Sept last year, i calmly turned to the landlord and said " i'll be out of here by 1st Oct and you will return my full deposit, i secured a better premises at nearly half the rent, redecorated and made repairs to there premises to make sure they had no excuse to withhold my deposit, on the day i handed the keys back, the look on there face was of total surprise and bewilderment that i stood there and waited for my deposit back, there property stood empty for nearly a year.

Edited by britpop
  • Like 1

And long may it stand empty, thats the mentality of Thai landlords, regarding my business, one of our premises the thai landlord said " oh the rent is going up and i want key money", i looked back at them and smiled and said brilliant, this was in the middle of Sept last year, i calmly turned to the landlord and said " i'll be out of here by 1st Oct and you will return my full deposit, i secured a better premises at nearly half the rent, redecorated and made repairs to there premises to make sure they had no excuse to withhold my deposit, on the day i handed the keys back, the look on there face was of total surprise and bewilderment that i stood there and waited for my deposit back, there property stood empty for nearly a year.

But they don't care it is standing empty. Somebody will come in and pay the asking price, easily making up for the missed rent.

But they don't care it is standing empty. Somebody will come in and pay the asking price, easily making up for the missed rent.

They also don't care it stands empty because their 20 other properties are tenanted. :) :)

That's how quick things can change in business here.

You are at the behest of the Thai landlords, who seek to enslave another farang with high rents. If you are successful in business here, they up the rent, so, basically, you are working for them more, and working for yourself, less.

Eventually, the business becomes unviable, you leave, and they get the next starry eyed farang in on a new lease, and it starts all over again.

They are happy when a tenant fails - they get to keep the key money, and sell a new lease, to make even more key money. The more leases they can turn over, the more they make. So, on this basis, why wouldn't they keep raising the rent?

• Like 1