Awful Bangkok Wine Bar Names Traced Back To Single Awful Copywriter

Morakot

Awful Bangkok Wine Bar Names Traced Back To Single Awful Copywriter

20 Nov 2013

BANGKOK – In a shocking revelation that has rocked the F&B advertising and marketing world, the mystery of Bangkok’s ridiculously-monikered wine establishments has been conclusively shown to be the work of a single, horrible English-language copywriter.

xyz.jpg

http://notthenation.com/2013/11/awful-bangkok-wine-bar-names-traced-back-to-single-awful-copywriter/

• Like 1

I wish real Thai journalism was as erudite and well-researched (albeit ersatz in this case) as this excellent bit of pastiche.clap2.gif

If, in your opinion, "real" Thai journalism (or more aptly, real Thai journalists??) lack erudition, wouldn't this silliness be a parody rather than a pastiche?

I wish real Thai journalism was as erudite and well-researched (albeit ersatz in this case) as this excellent bit of pastiche.clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

If, in your opinion, "real" Thai journalism (or more aptly, real Thai journalists??) lack erudition, wouldn't this silliness be a parody rather than a pastiche?

Interesting point! Maybe a parody that turned into a pastiche due to a lack of "the real", being now the authentic i.e. a pastiche. w00t.gif

Very confusingly for the casual reader my response was posted at the same time as Marakot's defence.

Guess I am going to have to quit being so lazy and look up the definition of both words!

[He who writes using posh words like ersatz and pastiche should be more careful on a public forum, lest he be excoriated]smile.png