Petsitting/housesitting in Phuket

bobtailkitten

Hi

I was interested in some peoples opinions....

Basically I am interested in Petsitting/housesitting in Phuket mainly Rawai/chalong areas..

As I usually live in basic accomodation and I have just moved from Thalang (I have started another thread looking for accomodation in Rawai), I would be interested in petsitting or housesitting in peoples homes whilst they go on holiday. This is something that I am already doing and it is a nice experience. It is something I would not particularly be bothered about charging for as I gain here,(I get to stay in comfortable accomodation), and if I did charge I am guessing if somebody found out it would have implications as I am on a tourist visa right?

So do you think this is something people would be interested in? would there be any checks I would have to go through/provide etc? Anybody have any advice on how to go about it or is anyone already doing this sort of thing?

I assume quite a few people would prefer their pets to stay at home rather than go in kennels and would be up for saving the cash too but there is always the trust issue on their side.

Thanks

" I am guessing if somebody found out it would have implications as I am on a tourist visa right?"

Right. (It's actually that you don't have a WP for this that would be the problem, not the visa as such) You would likely never have an issue, lake the hundreds of Russians on ED visa's working at home here, but if someone reported you, and immigration is obligated to investigate reports, then it could be costly.

And you would most certainly not be able to get a WP for that kind of work here. That kind of work will be reserved for Thai's. While there are 39 occupations reserved for Thai's, the list is not all inclusive. You still need to show that at Thai cannot do the job, something you will not likely be able to prove.

Edited by NomadJoe

If you don't charge is it still counted as work?

Yes. It doesn't matter if you are paid, but it would easily be argued that the free accommodation is your pay.

However you just reminded me of something. Couch surfing is similar to what you are wanting to do, and that certainly isn't going to be considered work. Depends on how you set it up I suppose.