90 check-in on type O visa and reentry permit questions

My 90 day check in due date falls on a Saturday. Is Jomtien immigration open? Is it a problem if I wait until Monday?

Also I need to get an exit visa to leave on December 13th. Can I get the visa while I'm there or do I need to wait until it's closer to my travel date?

You can get a re-entry permit any time. No need to wait until you plan to take a trip.

The notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days can be made up to 15 days before and 7 days after the due date.

• Like 1

You can get a re-entry permit any time. No need to wait until you plan to take a trip.

The notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days can be made up to 15 days before and 7 days after the due date.

Is electronic reporting still an option? or reporting by mail?

I have my doubts about the seven days after the due date.I'd sent it in via post last year and it was two days late, as the King's birthday was between.

While three younger immigration officers told me that a warning would be okay, their boss a pretty much disliked officer at Phiboonmangsahan Immigr ( already gone, thank god) then fined me 2,000 baht plus a stamp in my passport.

I know that most Immigration have their own rules, but I'd certainly make sure that they receive it in time.-.wai2.gif

I have my doubts about the seven days after the due date.I'd sent it in via post last year and it was two days late, as the King's birthday was between.

While three younger immigration officers told me that a warning would be okay, their boss a pretty much disliked officer at Phiboonmangsahan Immigr ( already gone, thank god) then fined me 2,000 baht plus a stamp in my passport.

I know that most Immigration have their own rules, but I'd certainly make sure that they receive it in time.-.Posted Image  

The 7 days after only applies to reports made in person. Mail in reports must be received on or before the report date. That is the rule everywhere.

I am glad that woman is gone also.

• Like 1

I know that most Immigration have their own rules, but I'd certainly make sure that they receive it in time.-.wai2.gif

The 7 days after only applies to reports made in person. Mail in reports must be received on or before the report date. That is the rule everywhere.

I am glad that woman is gone also.

Guess the mail it in method is the best option. A TM 47 is available here on this forum to download, you can fill it in, using your computer. Then you'll only have to change the date the next time.

Last time I'd sent it via EMS ( as always) from Sisaket with a copy of passport's first page, visa page and old TM 47 slip. Took only two days and I received my new one, without having the feeling begging for something.......-wai2.gif

About re-entry permits, I can recall, a couple years ago, down in Jomtien, the cop there at the Immigration bureau refused to give me a re-entry permit. He told me to go back to Chiang Mai - where I had the renewal on my O - A visa. Regulations are one thing but the personalities of immature, egoistic bureaucrats is something else.

• Like 1

About re-entry permits, I can recall, a couple years ago, down in Jomtien, the cop there at the Immigration bureau refused to give me a re-entry permit. He told me to go back to Chiang Mai - where I had the renewal on my O - A visa. Regulations are one thing but the personalities of immature, egoistic bureaucrats is something else. 

He was correct. If you are on an extension of stay (it is not a visa) you must get a re-entry from the office where you did the extension or at the airport.

I bet the 2k made his pocket happier.

Reporting by mail is possible at most offices. You should check with your office that did your extension to find out their requirements.

Take care with that. Here in Chiang Mai it has become a changeable option. For a while you could then with no warning you could not. Then you could if you lived far away but they never did say how far now the rumor is you can do it by mail again. Last time I was in earlier this month I asked and the girl told me you can take your chance's.

I don't think it has any thing to do with the written procedures it is a matter of do they have the time as often the paper work is incomplete. At the present time here in Chiang Mai they do seem to have extra time. If doing by mail send early as you have the right to renew 15 days early and 7 days late. that way by sending early you would have a good idea if it was working out for you and you could still go in by the 7 day late date.

There seems to be a bug developing in the system here. in Chiang Mai. there is a company who would do it for you at a price 4 reports 1,500 baht. A few months ago immigration told them that they could no longer accept photo copies of the pass ports they had to have the pass port it's self.

Now I am curious to see how that relates to sending in copies by mail.

Never been to the Jomtien immigration but had heard they were very fast and efficient.