32 countries issue travel warnings to Thailand

webfact

32 countries issue travel warnings to Thailand

BANGKOK, 29 Nov 2013 (NNT) — A total of 32 countries have so far issued warnings against traveling to Thailand. Foreign press is also keeping a close watch on developments of the ongoing political demonstrations.

A number if protesters are still staying put at many government offices around the capital despite the government’s efforts to negotiate with them. There have been no serious clashes between police and protesters reported so far, however.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday breezed through the no-confidence debate, with the votes of 297 against 134. Meanwhile, Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, the core-leader of the current protests, stated that he would wrap up his protests no later than November 30.

32 countries have so far issued warnings to their citizens against traveling to Thailand. They have also advised their nationals in the country to avoid protest-prone areas such as Victory Monument, Democracy Monument, and government offices.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-29 footer_n.gif

With all of those warnings I've decided not to travel to Thailand. OOPS, I'm already here and have been since 1997 with minimal difficulties usually caused by my failure to understand Thai ways or language. I'm not planning to leave but I didn't get on the bus that left our village to take the farmers to join the demonstrations in Bangkok either!

• Like 1

I want to fly back home but am afraid to go to the airport because of the protests................guess I'm stuck!!

What on earth are you afraid of????

Are you going to sit in your hotel room the next few days/weeks?

You are more likely to be hurt in a traffic accident than from the protests. There has been no violence yet.

Edit: I have just seen your profile and it seems that you live in Chiang Mai. What's the problem?

Edited by petedk
  • Like 1

I want to fly back home but am afraid to go to the airport because of the protests................guess I'm stuck!!

You are more likely to be hurt in a traffic accident than from the protests. There has been no violence yet.

Edit: I have just seen your profile and it seems that you live in Chiang Mai. What's the problem?

No violence except for the bombs that went off and injured police, the unexploded bombs found at one of the government officials houses, the brawls in Samut Prakan, etc. The discussions of assassination plots on various members of government. Nothing to worry about.

doesn't this happen around this time of year

wifie got caught in the traffic on monday around Central 

the 1 hour lunch with the g/f from Chang Mai took 5 hours

Hmmmm.....thanks. Great excuse to use with the wife when sneaking out for a round of golf.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

No severe warnings issued about travels to Thailand yet

BANGKOK, 30 November 2013 (NNT) – Although 32 countries have issued warnings to their respective nationals in Thailand over the Bangkok rallies, none of them has issued a travel ban or suggested avoiding travel to Thailand.

According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand, none of the warnings issued by foreign countries for their nationals have reached 'level 4' or 'level 5', which ask their nationals to reconsider their visit or ban them outright from visiting Thailand.

Most of the outstanding warnings on Friday were 'level 2' warnings that called for the nationals of the respective countries to exercise caution. Two countries, namely Israel and Slovakia, have issued 'level 3' warnings that call for a 'high level of caution'.

The Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) on Friday indicated that the tourism industry was concerned about the political situation. Although there have been no cancellations of trips to Thailand so far, this may not be the case in the future if the situation prolongs, it added.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-30 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

I just think wear a whistle when your in the protest areas and you will be more than welcome...I was in chaeng wattana the other day no problem. I may add if you wear a I love thaksin tshirt or if your a thaksin supporter don't go, they can smell your fear 555

I think that may have been humour

With all of those warnings I've decided not to travel to Thailand. OOPS, I'm already here and have been since 1997 with minimal difficulties usually caused by my failure to understand Thai ways or language. I'm not planning to leave but I didn't get on the bus that left our village to take the farmers to join the demonstrations in Bangkok either!

What, they weren't paying you enough??

Plenty safer places to visit with the family in Asia Cambodia Vietnam & Philippines unless you are just a high quality sex tourist then Thailand will do just fine.

We will have to agree to disagree, I don't think any of the places you mentioned are any safer than Thailand.

• Like 1