32 countries issue travel warnings to Thailand

webfact

Plenty safer places to visit with the family in Asia Cambodia Vietnam & Philippines unless you are just a high quality sex tourist then Thailand will do just fine.

Philippines ??????? Safe ????????

The two words do not belong in the same sentence.....not sure about the other countries you mentioned.....

With all of those warnings I've decided not to travel to Thailand. OOPS, I'm already here and have been since 1997 with minimal difficulties usually caused by my failure to understand Thai ways or language. I'm not planning to leave but I didn't get on the bus that left our village to take the farmers to join the demonstrations in Bangkok either!

I am from the USA and have been here on a long holiday since September 24. These protestors are making it tougher for me to justify another visa run and staying here through Christmas and New Year's. On this trip I have been to Korat, Phuket twice, Ao Nong, Bangkok and Pattaya. Coincidentally or not, I was here during the Tsunami in 2004, one week after the Thaksin overthrow, during the Airport closure and sit-in, during the Bangkok Central Mall riots, and now this turmoil. The disruption to everyday Thais has got to be frustrating to them. Passport and Visa immigration delays, not to mention the other government services.

Plenty safer places to visit with the family in Asia Cambodia Vietnam & Philippines unless you are just a high quality sex tourist then Thailand will do just fine.

Philippines ??????? Safe ????????

The two words do not belong in the same sentence.....not sure about the other countries you mentioned.....

Philippines sounds like should feel safest now.......that pesky threat doesn't follow me around as much in the rain

I am surprised harsher warnings have not been issued. I thought they had protested in Asoke/Sukhumvit, Silom and been through other tourist areas. Seems to me it isn't just the sites referred to in the warnings but many more where tourists actually stay. I'm not in BKK but I wonder how all this is affecting people getting to and from the airport.

I would have advised any friends who were thinking of staying in BKK not to come. How dare they protest near to Soi Cowboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to fly back home but am afraid to go to the airport because of the protests................guess I'm stuck!!

What on earth are you afraid of????

Are you going to sit in your hotel room the next few days/weeks?

You are more likely to be hurt in a traffic accident than from the protests. There has been no violence yet.

Edit: I have just seen your profile and it seems that you live in Chiang Mai. What's the problem?

Yes, just don't hang out with the crowds in bangkok, especially if you are wearing a red t-shirt. You will be fine.

I just went to Bangkok (Mor Chit bus station) then went to my Hotel in Rachada, then went to Don Muang, didn't see any protesters or have traffic problems,, should have told the taxi guy to detour to Victory Monument to see what all the fuss was about, no such luck.

I just went to Bangkok (Mor Chit bus station) then went to my Hotel in Rachada, then went to Don Muang, didn't see any protesters or have traffic problems,, should have told the taxi guy to detour to Victory Monument to see what all the fuss was about, no such luck.

I suspect you'd have been disappointed at Victory Monument as well, no protests there mate, just buses, vans, taxis and traffic jam.

doesn't this happen around this time of year

wifie got caught in the traffic on monday around Central

the 1 hour lunch with the g/f from Chang Mai took 5 hours

Hmmmm.....thanks. Great excuse to use with the wife when sneaking out for a round of golf.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Wifey won't let you leave the house to play golf?

Hmmm...

doesn't this happen around this time of year

wifie got caught in the traffic on monday around Central

the 1 hour lunch with the g/f from Chang Mai took 5 hours

Hmmmm.....thanks. Great excuse to use with the wife when sneaking out for a round of golf.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Wifey won't let you leave the house to play golf?

Hmmm...

Wify is smart, he used the go play golf one to many times to go play around.....

No one in their right mind would play golf :o

Embassy Safety warnings - tourists shd stay in their hotels? Of course thats going to be safer... what will most bored male tourists end up doing lol

Are we saying that because I'm a male tourist , I won't have anything to do unless my backside is glued to a barroom stool with lots of female attendants at my beck and call? A sweeping generalization I'd say. What does lol mean , by the way ? Never mind , I looked it up. Sarcasm intended.