PM Yingluck tells foreign media she is in control of her government

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me up until today the government has indeed shown great restraint, the last thing Thailand needs is this escalating into a bloodbath.

Don't like the ruling party ? then vote them out in the proper manner, at election time. Everything else is just mob rule and anything but democratic.

Achievements: presiding over a govt that has become the most despised in recent memory, tearing the country apart.

She loves democracy above all: but turns a blind eye to a shocking amnesty bill

Is in charge: by Thaksin pops up with comments almost weekly that mirror the decisions of the govt

Get out of here you imbecile, you take us for fools.

I can only attribute it to selective memory loss. You forgot Abhisit and Suthep who ordered the murder of many innocent people. They weren't, aren't and never will be popular (except by their faceless paymasters)

Wow - you know the court's verdict before the trial and evidence ! You must have been skyped !

Play nice..this man is enjoying his first toursist weekend in Thailand, and let him think that a PM signs a documents that says "soldiers must shoot the red shirt protestors" It is unfathomable that westerners fall for such nonsense and see money hungry mobs of bums as thugs and victims and martyrs..disgraceful. Having met Abhisit numerous times, I testify he is trying to benefit and devlop the country; but wasn't given a chance. Thaksin can't debate, return nor accept all of the challenges he's confronted with. However, as Abhisit said in his interview I saw for Channel new asia, he'll go to court, testify, take an accusation, and that the truth will reveal itself. Speaks volumes. Oh, another thing: he came in a VAN with NO security!!!!!! Now, compare that to Thaksin.....yeah.....

To fall for such nonsense and not research what occured in 2010, especially as a westerner for those not here in 2010, makes you look so dumb.

Who had Seh Daeng bumped off? Thaksin. Our family/friends/co workers at the tax dept,customs and excise all mention how this was done to prevent further loss of face by a total ass pretending to be Rambo. Buddhism teaches not to kill. Ever met Abhisit?Think he'd order the mass execution of people, and be retarded enough to do it in some formal document????!!

Look at Thaksin and the disregard for human life and murder record. An animal who regards life as cheap with a history to back it up! Yeah.

Like you, I see expats giving uneducated opinions from their bar girl is drunken foolishness and annoying.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 2

It seems that the government has been co-opted by protesters. The army and police have either been recruited in to their mass or they clear out refuse to follow the orders of Yingluck. It is unimaginable that a state leader would not control these protesters. Power has been cut, government offices have been shut down, and now reported deaths and growing violence. It appears to be a failed state with no real leadership materializing from any group. Thais seem powerless to lead.

Seems to me up until today the government has indeed shown great restraint, the last thing Thailand needs is this escalating into a bloodbath.

Don't like the ruling party ? then vote them out in the proper manner, at election time. Everything else is just mob rule and anything but democratic.

You think the present government is democratic? any way to change it is acceptable. coup or whatever!!! just wait for Sunday!!!

The Suthep mob dont want another election because they know they cant win. They want a royally elected council to run Thailand. We can hazard a guess who will be sitting on that. Suthep has been paid to help the elites return this country to the dark ages , where the poor know there place but those elites will still be making billions of dollars without having to interact with the rest of the world. ASEAN is a pipe dream and the elites need to stop Thailands participation.

Yet another one having a love affair with the word "elites". What do you call the Shinawatras and all the Bentley, Mercedes, Ferrari and BMW driving PTP members ? Up country country bumpkins ?

Do yourself a big favor and stop copying and pasting other peoples' comments. Try to come up with something original for once.

I can go one better than elites, what about amart or even better I can point you to a link that actually names some of these so called elites but you would still be in denial. I could say the fight is between new money and old money . That may be true but the biggest worry for the 'faceless financiers of democracy disruption' is an event that will happen in the future...nobody knows when but some online reports are suggesting that Thaksin will become untouchable. So he has always been the focus of all demonstrations because they are scared witless of the future....you work it out

I could tell you things that are going to happen that would make the current situation and the 2010 one look like child's play.

Like your post they would be baseless. The aliens have nor really landed

I don't know HOW she told CNN and BBC that she's in control, certainly not in English!

I for one could not understand a word she was saying but I guess Kentucky University does not teach its students English.

...and you? Beside English you probably speak Thai?

I'm not the PM of any country am I !

But if you need to know I speak English, Dutch, French, German and a bit of Thai. You ?

You think the present government is democratic? any way to change it is acceptable. coup or whatever!!! just wait for Sunday!!!

Just what do you wish for on Sunday ? tell me your not wishing for a return to 2010 please.

I think you do it at the polls not in the streets, like it or an elected party is legally entitled and should serve out its term and a few thousand or even 1 million protesting in Bangkok isnt the will of the population of 70 odd million in Thailand, thats why you have elections, so it can represent the country not just a mob or some spoiled elites who dont like losing every time the country goes to the polls.

Only a fool would say things are unbearable in Thailand, its not and ridiculous to suggest it is. Its only the impatience of the usual elite that cannot be bothered or wish to do something legally when mob rule suits instead.

Typical stamp the feet attitude from people who have no repsect for a system already in place and not worthy of any respect in return thats for sure.

The Suthep mob dont want another election because they know they cant win. They want a royally elected council to run Thailand. We can hazard a guess who will be sitting on that. Suthep has been paid to help the elites return this country to the dark ages , where the poor know there place but those elites will still be making billions of dollars without having to interact with the rest of the world. ASEAN is a pipe dream and the elites need to stop Thailands participation.

Yet another one having a love affair with the word "elites". What do you call the Shinawatras and all the Bentley, Mercedes, Ferrari and BMW driving PTP members ? Up country country bumpkins ?

Do yourself a big favor and stop copying and pasting other peoples' comments. Try to come up with something original for once.

I can go one better than elites, what about amart or even better I can point you to a link that actually names some of these so called elites but you would still be in denial. I could say the fight is between new money and old money . That may be true but the biggest worry for the 'faceless financiers of democracy disruption' is an event that will happen in the future...nobody knows when but some online reports are suggesting that Thaksin will become untouchable. So he has always been the focus of all demonstrations because they are scared witless of the future....you work it out

I know what you're trying to say backtonormal but I think you should consider 2 points you make.

The event in the future may well not happen for a long time yet.

The passionate demonstrations in Bangkok the last month have shown how hated he is by the middle class, he will never be 'untouchable' as you phrase it.

Better for him to keep admiring the camel races in the desert.

Meanwhile, back to the OP.... Yingluck was telling foreign media that she was in charge of the government....

Sathit claims on stage that Yingluck's name is on passenger list for flight TG880 to Johannesburg

Message from Ms Y to the Cabinet via Skype "Sorry boys, ka. It seems local malls have shut early today, ka. Had to pop out for a few bits and pieces, ka, and they say Jo'burg is nice at this time of the year, ka. See you soon ka (maybe ka). "

whistling.gif

most are hoping Yingluck stands tall

Thailand's first woman PM deserves credit and I'm hoping (hoping!) the demos will fizzle out, Suthep arrested for an attempted coup, Abhisit consigned to the 'empty bin' of history for his 'opportunistic stance' and elections held when they should be held

Thailand's first woman PM deserves credit and I'm hoping (hoping!) the demos will fizzle out, Suthep arrested for an attempted coup, Abhisit consigned to the 'empty bin' of history for his 'opportunistic stance' and elections held when they should be held

People gave her time and she's easy on the eye and a bit inoffensive. Though can you name any thing, anything at all, that she has done useful?

Thing is, none of these protests would be happening if the Government would have done their job properly and put the people first, not focus on one man. They only have themselves to blame.

I don't want a coup as I think it should be done through voting, but, if they carry on the way they are, they have to be stopped.

• Like 1

Most?

Are you really sure about that?

• Like 2

I saw the interview and it was like a schoolgirl reciting a nursery rhyme

"I came from erection" was mentioned many times.

He who came from "Head" declined to ask whether she was referring to Thaksin's father as she has never actually stood for any voting and is just there due to her DNA

I too saw the interview, she does have a problem pronouncing her "r"s, but then she is only a native! Still it explains your smutty schoolboy humour.

I think she made a fair stab at explaining, in a foreign language, why she believes that she should not resign, as her position had been established following an election. But then I didn't view the interview through a haze of political and misogynistic hatred!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Similar to the CNN interview a few weeks ago. The "reporter" didn't really push her and ask any awkward questions. He also looked bemused at one point as did the CNN lady previously.

Fair play to Yingluck for having a go. She repeats the word election far too much, as if this legitimizes the actions for which the protesters were mainly protesting - illegal actions, lies and cheating in parliament. I'm sure even the BBC will see through this. Wonder if some enterprising American or British investigative journalist will do an in depth on her governments relationships with outside influences ?

• Like 1

Most?

Are you really sure about that?

If you are correct, which I doubt, then she would be wise to call an election. However, brother obviously thinks not and won't take the risk.

If she really was the first female PM, who also took on the dual role of defense minister, and actually attempted to really do the jobs, then, yes, she would deserve credit and even support.

However, when her ministers freely admit that Thaksin appoints them, they receive instructions from him. and he has instructed no resignation or house dissolution then she really doesn't have any credibility. It is this very open control by her brother that really pisses off most Thais I know. This would cost her dear at the ballot box as recent by-elections have shown. People simply don't want a Thaksin dictator ship.

I saw the interview and it was like a schoolgirl reciting a nursery rhyme

"I came from erection" was mentioned many times.

He who came from "Head" declined to ask whether she was referring to Thaksin's father as she has never actually stood for any voting and is just there due to her DNA

I too saw the interview, she does have a problem pronouncing her "r"s, but then she is only a native! Still it explains your smutty schoolboy humour.

I think she made a fair stab at explaining, in a foreign language, why she believes that she should not resign, as her position had been established following an election. But then I didn't view the interview through a haze of political and misogynistic hatred!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Similar to the CNN interview a few weeks ago. The "reporter" didn't really push her and ask any awkward questions. He also looked bemused at one point as did the CNN lady previously.

Fair play to Yingluck for having a go. She repeats the word election far too much, as if this legitimizes the actions for which the protesters were mainly protesting - illegal actions, lies and cheating in parliament. I'm sure even the BBC will see through this. Wonder if some enterprising American or British investigative journalist will do an in depth on her governments relationships with outside influences ?

I saw the interviews on BBC andCNN , and yes, all she talked about was "election", "I love Thailand." .

If she is in control where the "bloody hell" is she now.?

Suthep is on all channels calling for a general strike. Her DP is on tv but where is the leader? (I don't mean the one in Dubai).

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

She never was in control- she is in hiding. She is far too inept and weak to be in control in any way, shape or form as the unqualified and pretentious unexposed, sheltered woman she is. When Thailand's Isaan region bases votes on leadership skills, and not handouts, skin tone appearance and nose bridge size, then things can develop and progress.

Edited by gemini81

she claims to be in control of her government, but "refuses to order" the police or army to use force against the occupiers of government offices...so exactly what government does she claim to be in control of, just the parts that don't use offices?

She has appointed cousin Suraphong to take over that responsibility from Pol Gen Pracha. The only problem is that Suraphong already looks as if he has been beaten up. He has a pair of black eyes that look more severe than Nick Nostitz's injuries at the rally last week.

Edited by Dogmatix