Australian real estate agent, step-son killed in suspected arson attack in Ao Nang

webfact

Words escape me: what is it with some (clearly deranged) people on these forums (and elsewhere too no doubt)? They simply cannot pass up on even the slightest opportunity to vent their hatred of Thai people. Please leave this country ASAP. I'm sure I speak for the vast majority when I say that you really aren't welcome here!

Only a "deranged person" would state that they know what the majority of people think, about anything, without a survey being conducted.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being burnt is absolute agony ....fortunately MOST not all people sleeping r already dead by the time fire gets to them because of fumes but still shocking ..hope justice is quick ...and whoever responsible thai or farang or joint operation is found out ...rip

"Based on the evidence, police believe that the killings were part of an arson attack."

Surprising how clever Royal Thai Police is...NOT, just by reading the post any moron can see that this is done by somebody who want to kill the persons inside the house coffee1.gif

• Like 1

real estate business

a nono for farang

Any business in Thailand is a nono for falang, we are welcome here to spend money and go back to falang country when the wallet i empty. If you like to play Russian roulette with your life just open any kind of business here coffee1.gif

• Like 1

RIP to the victims, fast and thorough recovery to the surviving wife and the strength required to get through this ordeal and the aftermath. I believe no one here can't even fathom what she is and will be going through, not only being burned by 60%, but having lost son, husband and home...

I hope that the spineless coward(s) who did this will be caught right away and be sentenced to face the firing squad.

Whatever the motivation was for this, perhaps a fraud, or personal brawl, or whatever, nothing would justify such a horrific deed.

For the racists (can't find another word) who suspected "Thai" people to be the culprits right away: You are so low that you actually must be a snail or cockroach and I wonder how you managed to type...

Statistically the odds are in favor of it being a Thai person because the event took place in Thailand.

Statistically the odds are in favor of it being a Thai person because the event took place in Thailand.

Not really, since not everybody in Thailand would have an equal agenda for targeting the person. I expect you'd need to limit the possible suspects to individuals that interacted with the victim, and that could easily be weighted heavily toward foreigners.

R.I.P. - awful way to go.

RIP to the victims, fast and thorough recovery to the surviving wife and the strength required to get through this ordeal and the aftermath. I believe no one here can't even fathom what she is and will be going through, not only being burned by 60%, but having lost son, husband and home...

I hope that the spineless coward(s) who did this will be caught right away and be sentenced to face the firing squad.

Whatever the motivation was for this, perhaps a fraud, or personal brawl, or whatever, nothing would justify such a horrific deed.

For the racists (can't find another word) who suspected "Thai" people to be the culprits right away: You are so low that you actually must be a snail or cockroach and I wonder how you managed to type...

Thais commit more crimes here than farang I believe.

UPDATE:
Phuket: Krabi house fire believed to be murder-suicide

Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- The house fire which killed Australian man Richard Port and his stepson is believed to be a murder-suicide, after Mr Port’s wife says her husband locked them inside the house then deliberately lit the fire.

Naruthai Port was the sole survivor of the house fire which killed her husband, 72, and 17-year-old son Worraphat Sukkaew around 3am on November 30 in Ao Nang, Krabi.

Mrs Naruthai was taken to Krabi Hospital with serious burns following the blaze, and yesterday (December 1) spoke to police about the events leading up to the fire.

Mrs Naruthai told police that before the fire started, she and her husband had an argument about Worraphat, who lived with them, and how he used the internet too often. She also told police she was jealous because she thought Mr Port was cheating on her, and this made him angry.

She said that Mr Port then locked all the doors in the house before cutting the tube to a gas tank, and ignited the gas, which set the house on fire.

When the fire started she tried to open the doors, but was unable to because all the locks had been changed, presumably by Mr Port.

She cried out for help and her neighbour called police. Mrs Naruthai was rescued after police smashed the window, and she was taken to Krabi Hospital with serious burns. Police said at the time they believed the fire was started by arson, based on the state of the gas cylinder and also two motorbikes that were found nearby with the petrol tanks open, the seats up, and fuel-soaked towels inside.

Mr Port’s body will be sent for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

The couple worked as real estate agents in Ao Nang and also ran a hotel.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-krabi-house-fire-believed-to-be-murder-suicide-43176.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-12-02

UPDATE:

Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- The house fire which killed Australian man Richard Port and his stepson is believed to be a murder-suicide, after Mr Port’s wife says her husband locked them inside the house then deliberately lit the fire.

Naruthai Port was the sole survivor of the house fire which killed her husband, 72, and 17-year-old son Worraphat Sukkaew around 3am on November 30 in Ao Nang, Krabi.

Mrs Naruthai was taken to Krabi Hospital with serious burns following the blaze, and yesterday (December 1) spoke to police about the events leading up to the fire.

Mrs Naruthai told police that before the fire started, she and her husband had an argument about Worraphat, who lived with them, and how he used the internet too often. She also told police she was jealous because she thought Mr Port was cheating on her, and this made him angry.

She said that Mr Port then locked all the doors in the house before cutting the tube to a gas tank, and ignited the gas, which set the house on fire.

When the fire started she tried to open the doors, but was unable to because all the locks had been changed, presumably by Mr Port.

She cried out for help and her neighbour called police. Mrs Naruthai was rescued after police smashed the window, and she was taken to Krabi Hospital with serious burns. Police said at the time they believed the fire was started by arson, based on the state of the gas cylinder and also two motorbikes that were found nearby with the petrol tanks open, the seats up, and fuel-soaked towels inside.

Mr Port’s body will be sent for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-krabi-house-fire-believed-to-be-murder-suicide-43176.php

tpn.jpg

" She also told police she was jealous because she thought Mr Port was cheating on her, and this made him angry."

​I would check her Thai boyfriend and his whereabouts during the fire, I am not Sherlock but why kill himself and the whole family if he having an affair with another woman and probably was happy with that?

Edited by bander

This forum is terrible for racism. Everyone is so critical and cynical of Thai people. If everyone else's country is so great, why are they living in Thailand?

Why you post in thaivisa if you not like what you read?

We live here for many reasons but not to be killed or beaten up by Thais, try to open your eyes and understand that we are not welcome to stay here, spend your money and go home is what they want from us.

What about the motorbikes outside the house?? Primed to explode we were told.

+ how long ago did he change the locks so that the doors could not be opened, I am not in a position to comment as I will never know the full story the same as just about everyone who only gets a chance to read what is posted on here.

What about the motorbikes outside the house?? Primed to explode we were told.

+ how long ago did he change the locks so that the doors could not be opened, I am not in a position to comment as I will never know the full story the same as just about everyone who only gets a chance to read what is posted on here.

We've only got her word for what happened, it may be true I don't know, what I don't understand is why he should get so angry and commit such a terrible act because his wife accused him of having an affair.

well at least the wife seems to be in better health than many thought, I had a fiend die of burns in a fire/explosion around nine

years ago in Thailand, and we were advised that the uk fire fighters had a rough guide for the likelihood of survival of burns, it

went something like if the % of burns added to the victims age was more than 100 there was not much hope of survival, I can't

remember the exact formula maybe someone has got the correct figures, and I would think the level of expertise of burns treatment would also be a major factor also. the rest of the story seems a bit odd, 72 yr old cheating on his wife and then getting that pissed off that he changes all the locks and goes outside to set up the two motor bikes to blow up, its got to take him 10/15 mins not exactly heat of the moment and what was the 17yr old lad and his mother doing when all this was going on.

the only way this could of gone on is if he waited for everyone to go to sleep? but all that over your thai wife getting jealous is

unbelievable , surely he had experienced thai ladies and their jealous nature before,all very strange.

r I p and speedy recovery to survivor

Horrible. Why was he face down in bed? Died from smoke?

Have often wondered about burglar bars on windows.

Me too. Might keep them out but don't allow you emergency exits.

Nothing about this whole sorry story sounds right, except I remember there was some 80mill property deal scam which might be at the root of it.

A 72 year old guy cheating on his wife? Hmmm...

If I wanted to commit suicide then burning the house down around me would not be on my list of options.

• Like 2

Nothing about this whole sorry story sounds right, except I remember there was some 80mill property deal scam which might be at the root of it.

If I wanted to commit suicide then burning the house down around me would not be on my list of options.

his

Indeed, always two-sides to every story and that is perhaps why this investigation still continues. Very hard to make a final assessment of this case based on what the police feed the media, Particularly, when you realize, in the end, that dead people tell no lies.

• Like 1

his

Indeed, always two-sides to every story and that is perhaps why this investigation still continues. Very hard to make a final assessment of this case based on what the police feed the media, Particularly, when you realize, in the end, that dead people tell no lies.

Apparently the wife is surviving, but unlikely to add anything we will ever get to hear about.

After being a news headline, there rarely seems to be any follow-up later.

Same in the UK too.

Edited by Bpuumike
  • Like 1

The police must have given approval for the wife's story to come out. On the facts provided, the story sounds incomplete or untrue. If that is the case, why are the police releasing a version of events that is not true. It may be to manipulate the outcome. They have done it many times before. The Downtown Hotel in Chiang Mai springs to mind. But there are thousands of examples.

• Like 2

Of course the option of him suffering from senile dementia or even Alzheimers, one of the features of which is bouts of severe aggression, would never cross the minds of the racist idiots who immediately labelled it a murderous act by Somchai.

Still, why let a great story get ruined by little things like facts, eh?

CSI ThaiVisa, case closed.

UPDATE:

Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- The house fire which killed Australian man Richard Port and his stepson is believed to be a murder-suicide, after Mr Ports wife says her husband locked them inside the house then deliberately lit the fire.

Mr Ports body will be sent for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

tpn.jpg

" She also told police she was jealous because she thought Mr Port was cheating on her, and this made him angry."

​I would check her Thai boyfriend and his whereabouts during the fire, I am not Sherlock but why kill himself and the whole family if he having an affair with another woman and probably was happy with that?

The ever wise bander. This smells fishy. And makes no sense. Maybe there was some mental illness and that explains it. But sounds like to me a bit of truth and a bit of lies to save face. I agree with banded. Look for Thai BF. and maybe that is what the argument was about. I wonder how old is she. But regardless. Of course no excuse. Horrible thing. We should just let it rest knowing what makes sense and what does not.