Land and building costs Nam Phong Khon Kaen Province

pompeylad

Would be most grateful if anyone living in Khon Kaen Province and more particularly near to Nam Phong which I understand is about 40 kms from the city on the road to Udon Thani could give me some idea of land and building cost for a 2 bedroom single story house.

Many thanks

My brother in law is a builder near there, not to far away. He is building our house and does nice work. He has a full team working for him. If you want his number let me know. Small 2 bed house is much much cheaper than 1.3mill.

My brother in law is a builder near there, not to far away. He is building our house and does nice work. He has a full team working for him. If you want his number let me know. Small 2 bed house is much much cheaper than 1.3mill.

krisb, did you look at that listing? A bit more than 1 ngan of freehold land on Mittiphap road. Pretty decent looking 140 sm house.

If the 1 ngan is Bt 250,000 (seriously doubt you can buy for that) , it would be Bt 7,500 /sqm. I also seriously doubt if any builder will build "much much" cheaper.

post-34658-0-44239100-1385814574_thumb.j

• Like 1

krisb, did you look at that listing? A bit more than 1 ngan of freehold land on Mittiphap road. Pretty decent looking 140 sm house.

If the 1 ngan is Bt 250,000 (seriously doubt you can buy for that) , it would be Bt 7,500 /sqm. I also seriously doubt if any builder will build "much much" cheaper.

No I did not look. Very nice indeed. Anyone would be quite comfortable there I think from the what I see. Take the build yourself factor into it, it is a lot cheaper. Not always a possibility for many though.

Two bedroom single storey house can be built for anywhere from 500k baht to 1 million, do you want Thai style or farang?

I have yet to meet any Thai who doesnt have access to land, why should you have to buy land, does the girls family not have land they can give her to build on?

If you wish to get some distance between them and you, understandable, take a look at post #2.

They say the devil is in the detail and I appreciate that I did not give much detail, so I will elaborate. Although not currently awaiting 'a wooden overcoat' I do like to plan in advance and the house would be for my long time girlfriend who has been an absolute star in the the years I have known her. she has never asked for anything and I want to ensure that she has somewhere to live when I am no longer around. She knows nothing of my plans. I want to give her a Thai style 2bedroom single story house before going to meet my maker knowing that this is what she would like. She is not pretentous and has no desire or illusions of being 'hi-sol' and such a modest building would I know give her the security that we all want and the pleasure of owning her own house , one which is located near her family.

May I thank all who have replied to my question and at least I now have some idea of costs.

• Like 1

"She knows nothing of my plans."

Just think about rethinking that idea.

I have a similar situation and one thing I have learned is how afraid Thai women are to live alone. I hope you include your wife in the decision-making process, especially about "where" to build.

"She knows nothing of my plans."

Just think about rethinking that idea.

I have a similar situation and one thing I have learned is how afraid Thai women are to live alone. I hope you include your wife in the decision-making process, especially about "where" to build.

Thank you or your thoughful comment. Naturally she will be consulted on all the points you mention, however I have always operated on obtaining all the facts before I tell anyone anything. In summary I work on the well worn principle of 'engaging brain before opening mouth'. It has stood me in good sted over the years. Nonetheless I well understand your comment, so thanks again.

• Like 1

Thankyou for your reply and I would welcome your brother in law's telephone number. I am guessing he is a Thai and if so would communicating be difficult?

• 3 months later...

Been some time since I placed my enquiry. I made a trip to the g/fs village over this last weekend which is about 6kms from Nam Phong of the road to Kranuam and set well back from the road. Was shown a piece of land which I believe used to be rice fields with a size of 2.5 ngam. The price is apparently 200,000 baht. Is this to good to be true? As it is not actually in the village would she need permission to build?

The land would require to be 'built-up' and the cost given for this was 20,000 to 30,000 baht.

My knowledge of types of land and prices is zero, so it's open house to all who know the area.

^ Partly depends on the land documents. 'Chanode' is what you should be after.

"Nor Sor Sam" (not really a title deed, but safer than Sor Por Kor or Tor Bor Ha"

"Nor Sor See Jor" (red Garuda seal) is the best

That price for building up sounds a little cheap for 2.5 ngan. Also consider that the land should be allowed to "settle" for a year or so before building.

But local knowledge will trump anything I have written.

"Permit to build" if very reasonable. Facilitates services like water an electricity needed during the build.