Protesters cut power, disrupt CAT internet server

Lite Beer

Protesters cut power, disrupt CAT internet server
The Nation:

BANGKOK: -- ICT Minister Anudith Nakornthap claimed that anti-government protesters cut the power to the CAT Telecom building hence also affected its internet server in Bangkok's Bang Rak at around 2pm on Saturday.

Anudith said the wide-spread disruption of CAT Internet was because a group of anti-government protesters had cut the power to the international server in the CAT Telecom building and the back-up power supply system were also cut hence officials were repairing as time of press.

CAT Telecom’s labor union head Sangworn Pumtiem said he would try talking to the protest leaders but it remained unconfirmed whether he could do so today.

Another account from a witness at the building said that a group of Silpakorn University students were presenting works at the building’s eighth floor when suddenly the lights went out and rumor spread that the anti-government protesters cut the power. The person thus looked over a balcony and saw some 30 trucks of protesters giving speech in front of the building for 30 minutes and went away but the blackout continued for over an hour even after they left.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DZvwah7W-x.
-- The Nation 2013-11-30

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobilize the Army and open fire. Insurretion has to be put down immediately.

Don't forget that AV never told the army to fire a single bullet even when the terrorists raided ASEAN summit, threatened to blow up LPG truck, grenade attacked at Thai banks, attached Thai charity with grenades, stormed parliament, attached NPP and TPI buildings with M16 and grenades, stormed police hospital, stormed TV station, bomb attacked on electricity pylons, 2 police taken hostage, destroy CCTV cameras, dumped tyres on sky train tracks, using children as human shields. I assume this is different circumstances though because whistles are involved!

Edited by Sheryl
personal attack removed by Moderator. Please keep it civil.
  • Like 1

Haha, cut power to hospital and no one cares. Cut power to the Internet and risk losing public support.

i thought that the hospital never actually had it's power supply cut. wasn't it just a BS deliberate misrepresentation of the facts?

Haha, and what point did you become so confused regarding the intent of that satirical post. Nevertheless, the gravamen is attitudes and perceptions as reality or fact has very little to do with the current situation.

Haha, cut power to hospital and no one cares. Cut power to the Internet and risk losing public support.

i thought that the hospital never actually had it's power supply cut. wasn't it just a BS deliberate misrepresentation of the facts?

Another red shirt propaganda rumor. No police hospital had power or electricity cut to it. Desperate people trying desperately to make the protestors look bad. Funny thing is they try so hard yet the 2010 terrorists didn't need to be made to look bad. They did that all by themselves..

The hilarious part is herein lies the problem, but you guys are too blind to it . . . and the sad part is that in no way will understand to what exactly I am referring.

• Like 2

This is escalating, by degrees... The boiling point of water is 100 degrees celsius. We are at 99 now.

I pray daily, but it seems prayers are not answered sometimes.

Please join me in my prayers for peace.

This is approaching civil war. Rather quickly...

Edited by george
  • Like 2

I pray for peace for the good Thai people and their brilliant King.

But my voice is lost in the punter's game... It is not taking sides or some vague argument to hope that people can compromise.

I am worried about my wife and child. It is selfish, i know, but what is this world to which she is coming? Does no one care what will happen? Is it amusement? Is it some game to dally about before a game of chess or darts?

NO. Both sides have valid grievances. Will they kill my daughter in the process of proving they cannot change? And, after that, will they ask for my my forgiveness?

I am uncertain I can do that.

Another red shirt propaganda rumor. No police hospital had power or electricity cut to it. Desperate people trying desperately to make the protestors look bad. Funny thing is they try so hard yet the 2010 terrorists didn't need to be made to look bad. They did that all by themselves..

The hilarious part is herein lies the problem, but you guys are too blind to it . . . and the sad part is that in no way will understand to what exactly I am referring.

you pay me over 40% above market value for rice and I will understand everything you say...

This is a Mob - Control or eliminate it. The Mob is Skum. Any government must control this crap by any means. If it can't, investment is gone as well as GDP.

Any means, as in gun happy America? Killing other creatures is a no-no in Buddhism, is it not? Has Thailand ever had a civil war?

• Like 1

This is a Mob - Control or eliminate it. The Mob is Skum. Any government must control this crap by any means. If it can't, investment is gone as well as GDP.

They can control it by resigning.

The army can control it by staging a coup, establishing temporary government & calling for immediate elections.

• Like 1

Haha, and what point did you become so confused regarding the intent of that satirical post. Nevertheless, the gravamen is attitudes and perceptions as reality or fact has very little to do with the current situation.

you might want to work on separating satire from lies.

Edited by Bluespunk

certainly have no clue as to what you are saying here

you pay me over 40% above market value for rice and I will understand everything you say...

Amazing. Did all of the scarecrows follow Dorothy to Thailand to see the Wizard and end up staying when Wizard not there to grant request?

Edited by F430murci

certainly have no clue as to what you are saying here

Regardless as to whether hospital power got cut, the problem is perception, attitude and greed. Most on here seem not to care if something really bad happens to groups of other people as long as they are not inconvenienced by this power grab playing out.

Edited by F430murci

Actually I don't know, if TOT lines were interrupted for some time. I got 3 mails back as undeliverable. Resent it later and they went through...

As with TOT you can encounter lines down or reduced bandwidth at any time for any length of time, even if there are no demonstrations, so why get up in arms only now? And if you want to talk to TOT internet maintenance staff, there is non available on the phone...

I personally don't mind loosing internet access for 24 hours, if we would get in turn the definitive end of the Shinawatra era.

Quip of the day: Like thieves? Must love Taksin!

• Like 1