4mb Adsl Line

SoMeOnEnUlL

I am thinking to upgrade my 2Mb ADSL from csloxinfo to 4Mb if the speed is gonna be double as it said.

Anyone here using the 4Mb line? Either TRUE or csloxinfo? How much are you getting when you try with bandwidth.thaivisa.com? Or, what is your average download speed? Mine is somewhere around 140KBps :o

Edited by SoMeOnEnUlL

I know that the 2.5mbit True line gets around 200-300 kilo*bits* per second. This is around 25-35 KBps. Tested via speakeasy, and very very unstable (the graph jumps around a lot).

Are you getting 140kilobytes or kilobits? From Speakeasy.net? If so, how much are you paying?

Are you getting 140kilobytes or kilobits? From Speakeasy.net? If so, how much are you paying?

I know what you mean. Well.. with speakeasy.net.. My test results are 577Mbps down and 390Mbps up. Yes, they are in bits.

But, 120-140 KBps is the speed in BYTE at which I am getting a file from a stable good-speed server, for instance download.microsoft.com, with downloaders like DAP or Flashget. I think we call that a download speed.

Sorry for the confusion. And, thanks for the reply :o

Edited by SoMeOnEnUlL

577Mbps is pretty weird... have you tried other test sites? McAfee for one... I'd really appreciate any more tests you can run, since I'm very seriously considering CSLox right now.

BTW, buddybb gets around 1mbps at speakeasy... but the upload is only 66k.

All of the benchmarks show the same thing. Your download speed is less than 1/4th of what you are paying for (400-500kbps range instead of 2500). You have two sensible options (1) get your provider to demonstrate they are capable of giving you even 2.5mbps. When that fails (2) downgrade to the 512kbps package and save whatever extra money you are paying for the "higher" speed.

I suspect they are playing the shared international bandwidth game with you. That is, everyone pays for bandwidth but the provider doesn't in turn allocate enough backbone bandwidth to handle the load, opting to line their pockets instead of giving users the purchased speed.

I know what you mean. Well.. with speakeasy.net.. My test results are 577Mbps down and 390Mbps up. Yes, they are in bits.

But, 120-140 KBps is the speed in BYTE at which I am getting a file from a stable good-speed server, for instance download.microsoft.com, with downloaders like DAP or Flashget. I think we call that a download speed.

Sorry for the confusion. And, thanks for the reply :o

how u paying for the package someonenuil?

I pay 1500Baht a month. Btw, It's someonenull :D

@The Coder - right, it is a share line or whatever they call.. Thanks for the advices. but, I think the actual 2Mbps dedicated line would cost me a whole lot more.. :D

I wonder at which speed the 512Mbps users are getting, though. :o