CB1000

CTO

Looking at the great thread about the Dec 13 Motorshow, I see pics for the Honda CB1000

Now why can't they make the 500/650 like that?

Very naked bike with the retro head light,

Far to big for me for city and sometime country rides,

But that style with the 500 or 650 I'd snap up.

As a frequent traveller usually 3 or 4 Asian countries in a month, I notice naked bikes vs scooters and flashy little things are far more popular in places like Jakarta, Malaysia etc

The dominance of Scooters in Thailand is the worst (or best if you like them) just about anywhere in APAC

Unless you weren't actually talking about the CB1000 and meant the CB1100...

01Honda-CB1100.jpg

Which, is indeed the best looking bike on the road today. Shame I can't afford one.

I guess Honda still have a bunch of old engine stock lying about. The cylinder head alone reminds me of what was on my CB1100F Super Bol'D'Or engine.

A friend let me test ride his new CB1100 while in the US. Excellent machine! Too bad not available in Thailand. I like it very much.

if you like old cb style, you can get a 2000ish model honda cb1300 in good condition for around 200 k - 300 k thb with green book in Thailand.

they look nearly the same but cb1300 is carbed and rear end is a bit different but easily customizable.

post-184955-0-82681400-1385957255_thumb.

post-184955-0-02564300-1385957280_thumb.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

Unless you weren't actually talking about the CB1000 and meant the CB1100...

01Honda-CB1100.jpg

Which, is indeed the best looking bike on the road today. Shame I can't afford one.

I guess Honda still have a bunch of old engine stock lying about. The cylinder head alone reminds me of what was on my CB1100F Super Bol'D'Or engine.

The whole point of the bike was to evoke memories of the CB750. The cooling fins on the heads have been exaggerated as they're not really needed. Honda did an excellent job of making a new bike look 'classic'. The only thing I would change about it given a choice, would be to have a mono-shock rather than the 2 old-skool ones, as they will never work as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Retro looking big bikes are IMHO just a fantastic choice. Powerful statements of taste and control either if you're young or you're old. Kawa has now stopped making them butHonda re-started. Well done and congrats to who will get one!