Oh No ! Not Another Scam

edd

Will they ever learn :o

I received this today.

God knows where they got my e-mail from, but its not even a good quolity scam. :D

Hope you are not embarrassed by my mail I found your e-mail address in the web directory, and i have decided to contact you, but if for any reason you find this mail offensive, you can ignore it and please accept my apology.

Before my late husband died he was major oil tycoon, in Kuwait and deposited the sum of USD$ 25 million dollars (Twenty Five million dollars) in a company in Europe some years ago, that is all I have left now, I need you to collect this funds and distribute it yourself to charity .so that when I die my soul can rest in peace. The funds will be entirely in hands and management. I hope God gives you the wisdom to touch very many lives that is my main concern.

20% of this money will be for your time and effort, while 80% goes to charity.

:D:D

Please reply back to me on this email: [email protected]

God bless you.

MRS.REGINA AHMED

OH YES I WILL SEND YOU MY BANK DETAILS NOW :D:D

Edited by edd

edd:

This is one the oldest scams on the Internet and has it's own category:

"The nigerian letter" or "Advanced fee fraud" or "419 fraud" a very good and detailed description is here:

http://www.popsubculture.com/pop/bio_proje...eria-fraud.html

Can you imagine that people fall for this? A guy (professor in New Jersey) lost more than $300K in advanced fee fraud (I don't know what kind of professor he was).

Sometimes you find some funny threads on "scamming the scammer" like:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...cfm/509810.html

that can be entertaining or/and dangerous .....

The other favoured Nigerian fraud is the "black money fraud":

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Nigeri...ed_currency.htm

I really love this.

I recently got a message from one of the "other" forums I'm registered on, telling me I have a new personal message.

When I logged in to check it out, I found a scam email supposedly from Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast).

Which reminds me. Gotta go back there and report it to the admin. If it came though a PM on a forum board, it must have been sent by a member of that board. :o

Where do you people get these emails from? What sites or forums are you registering for?

Lycos, for instance, seem to have been giving access to their member lists. Had several scams that selected my name at randome from their e-mail list

Roger in Surin

Edited by raslin

Will they ever learn :D

I received this today.

God knows where they got my e-mail from, but its not even a good quolity scam. :D

Hope you are not embarrassed by my mail I found your e-mail address in the web directory, and i have decided to contact you, but if for any reason you find this mail offensive, you can ignore it and please accept my apology.

Before my late husband died he was major oil tycoon, in Kuwait and deposited the sum of USD$ 25 million dollars (Twenty Five million dollars) in a company in Europe some years ago, that is all I have left now, I need you to collect this funds and distribute it yourself to charity .so that when I die my soul can rest in peace. The funds will be entirely in hands and management. I hope God gives you the wisdom to touch very many lives that is my main concern.

20% of this money will be for your time and effort, while 80% goes to charity.

:D:D

Please reply back to me on this email: [email protected]

God bless you.

MRS.REGINA AHMED

OH YES I WILL SEND YOU MY BANK DETAILS NOW :D:D

Everything nowadays is possible in Internet: spam, scam and…… the latest: dating through scam!!

This is a spam-message directed to my mail-address and securely scam as well; where do you find a double offer like that! Am I lucky! How many men are now impatiently cueing up?

I found really amazing ones, with sometimes disgusting contents, but this one (for me) is a novelty, or am I too innocent or a dummy?

[email protected]

Subject: goodmorning

Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 04:11:35 -0400 (EDT)

HTML Attachment [ Download File | Save to Yahoo! Briefcase ]

I got your contact from the internet, and picked interest to write you.I am a female student of University of Botswana, Gaborone. I am 26 yrs old. I'd like any person who can be caring, loving and home oriented. I will love to have a long-term relationship with you and to know more about you. I would like to build up a solid foundation with you in time coming if you will be able

to help me in this transaction.

Well, my father died earlier two months ago and left me and my younger brother behind.My farther was a share holder with DE BEER'S Diamond cuting Company here in Botswan and He was a king, which our town citizens titled him before he died. I was a princess to him and I am the only person who can take care of his wealth now because my younger brother is still a kid and my mother is not literate enough to know my entire father's wealth.

He left $27,350,000 [Twenty Seven million Three hundred and fifty thousand dollars) with The First National Bank (FNB) Matamasule, main mall Gaborone and I don't know how to start up with the wholething and what I will do to invest this money somewhere in abroad, so that my father's kindred will not take over what belongs to my father and his name, which they are planning to do without my concept because I am a female as stated by our culture in the town.

That is why I felt happy when I saw your contact because I strongly believe that by the grace of God, you will surely help me invest this money. I am ready to pay 20% of the total amount to you if you will sincerely help us in this business and another 10% interest of annual income to you, for handling this business for us, which you will strongly have absolute control over.

If you will handle this project sincerely and also willing to assist me in lifting this fund, kindly reach me and I will link you to The Manager First National Bank (FNB)Matamasule, main mall Gaborone for further agreement.

Please, note that this transaction is 100% risk free and I hope to commence the transaction as quickly as possible, I look forward hearing from you soonest.

Yours sincerely, PRINCESS REGINA HUBERT AJANA

The photo has been linked to the following site:

http://www.hi5.com/friend/profile/displayP...userid=46594066

View All 14 Photos

Add to Favorites

Block User

Send Message

Add Profile Comments

Add as a Friend

Give' em Five

Sex/Age/Status Female/25/Committed

Looking To Make friends

Birthday January 26

Location Johannesburg, South Africa

Hometown Joburg but I'm a Capetonian at heart

Fives

View 1 Five

(1)

Who I'd Like To Meet Interesting girls and guys from all over the world.

Sexual Orientation Straight

Drinker Socially

Smoker No

Interests travelling, watching movies, reading, shopping, cooking, singing and dancing

All Time Favorite Artists/Bands Coldplay

Favorite Music Video Pink by Aerosmith

Current Favorite Artists/Bands I like a lot of stuff. Coldplay (all their albums), Freshly Ground, Jamie Cullum, Buddha Bar, Cafe del Mar.

Favorite Movies Pretty Woman, Bad Boys 1, Amelie, Yesterday, Tsotsi, Chocolat, Sense and Sensibility, Syriana, Brokeback Mountain, Bridget Jones's Diary.

Favorite TV Shows Isidingo(S.A. soapie),Grey's Anatomy, Nip/Tuck,

Favorite Books The Alchemist, The God of Small Things, The Color Purple, A Grain of Wheat, Harry Potter

Favorite Quote 'Nothing worth having in this life comes easy' Dr Kelso (from Scrubs)

Ethnicity Black/African descent

Religion Spiritual but not religious

Politics Liberal

Languages English, Other

Education Post-graduate

Now I have a big dilemma: Add to Favorites

Block User :o