Forza tall screen

dogpoo

Does anyone know if the Forza Ermax screen + 20cms is 20cms taller than the standard tall screen? I have just driven 700kms and I was ripped apart by the wind even though I have a tall screen, it's not tall enough for me.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Does anyone know if the Forza Ermax screen + 20cms is 20cms taller than the standard tall screen? I have just driven 700kms and I was ripped apart by the wind even though I have a tall screen, it's not tall enough for me.

What is the answer to the wind problem, would a full face helmet make a big difference? I have the open face helmet so it's very noisy, need to find a bigger better front screen, how do you bikers manage whilst touring with no wind protection, a couple of bikes came past me and they weren't wearing full face or had a big front screen, they seemed to be okay!

Up to about 120 km/h without a windscreen would be okay for most.

What is the worst for you, the noise or the impact of the wind on your body/face?

Many ride with ear plugs.

A full face helmet gives much more protection than a pilot helmet if the worst happens.

A fairly descent full face helmet cost app 4000 baht and up to over 30.000 baht for top of the range models.

Try the ear plugs first.

I'm not a scientist but I would say that , if one studies the pictures of Forza screens , the the +20 is what it says 20cm or 8" taller than stock.whistling.gif If it was not why would it be called +20?rolleyes.gif

The amount or wind is a factor of , speed (of course) , headwind, crosswind, turbulence from oncoming vehicles. It is generally more uncomfortable on dual carriageways/divided highways because of turbulence.

A screen should be about the height of the riders chin, there are no hard and fast rules, but looking at sport bikes can help as their screens are designed for aerodynamics' at speed. Older scooter back in the day had fly-screens about the same height as the mirrors.

Adding a screen to a scooter that doesn't have one can improve aerodynamics and cruising performance but having a really tall screen can adversely effect the cruising performance. Less speed, more fuel etc..

Before deciding go for a ride and experiment by adjusting your riding stance until you find the best height for your head and body then buy and appropriate screen, or buy one taller and cut it down?

If near a SYM dealer have a look at the SYM 300 Joymax it comes with a "taller" screen. Measuring or sitting behind that might give some food for thought?

When touring at speed always wear earplugs.

Edited by VocalNeal

Get a good quality full face helmet makes a big difference especially when what would be your face is sliding across the pavement also cuts way down on the wind in the face factor. Also wearing a jacket on the road makes a big difference.

without a full face helmet, even if you have the highest windshields, it will be tiring.

Anything over 100 kph for prolonged times, you always need a full face. I always wear a full face anyway regardless of the speed or motorbike.

Also, a good full face helmet eliminates most of the noises and gives better aerodynamics, less helmet lift

Edited by ll2

Just back from UK where I invested in a Schuberth, over 500 notes (25000 baht) but quiet and comfortable. back here I rode out with my run of the mill HJC, £120 (6500 Baht) and it was so noisy I could not believe I did not notice it before. Luckily I had some earplugs and job done, not too bad at all.

Itsa bugger having two lots of kit though.