Italian involved in ATM card snatch and run attempt in Phuket

webfact

Italian involved in ATM card snatch and run attempt in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1385887042_1.jpg
Italian man Anjelo Pheslee explains how his ATM card was grabbed.

PHUKET: -- Italian man Anjelo Pheslee, 65, was reportedly the victim of a snatch and run attempt yesterday afternoon (November 30) in Patong, after a man tried to run off with his ATM card.

Police were called to the scene at a Kaiskornbank ATM near the Makro on Nanai Rd in Patong to find a very shocked Mr Pheslee.

He told police he withdrew money from the ATM and as he was leaving, a "dark-skinned" man was behind him and told him that there was still a B100 note in the machine and gave it to Mr Pheslee.

Mr Pheslee inserted his card into the machine again, to check the balance was correct.

He told police that after this, the stranger grabbed his ATM card off him and ran away. Luckily Mr Pheslee was able to get it back off him, but the stranger then fled the scene.

Police will review CCTV camera footage from the area in an attempt to identify the man who tried to steal the ATM card.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/italian-involved-in-atm-card-snatch-and-run-attempt-in-phuket-43159.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-12-02

what cheap Charlie gets 100baht notes out of an atm!? ok we will add a bit of leeway, he was italian.

Hey, I do.

Actually just for the change, I normally tag 900 onto the end of xx thousand.

I also love it when the machine gives me 500s rather than 1000s.

PS Not Italian but I plead the fifth on saying where I am from!! :D

what cheap Charlie gets 100baht notes out of an atm!? ok we will add a bit of leeway, he was italian.

Hey, I do.

PS Not Italian but I plead the fifth on saying where I am from!! biggrin.png

Well pleading the fifth only appies in one country? Could be wrong, but a wild stab in the dark aims squarely in USA

lol... i do it all the time. Instead of taking out 1,000 i do 900. Good luck trying to give that 1000 note to local food vendors

lol... i do it all the time. Instead of taking out 1,000 i do 900. Good luck trying to give that 1000 note to local food vendors

People need small nominations. TMB ATM's give a 1900 Baht fast cash option, makes sense. I frequently withdraw 900 Baht because my shop is low on change.

Hey, I do.

So you have 900 baht in 100's that last's you what?....24 hours? And then you are reduced to using 1000 baht notes for all your spending. Oh, the horrors!

Hey, I do.

So you have 900 baht in 100's that last's you what?....24 hours? And then you are reduced to using 1000 baht notes for all your spending. Oh, the horrors!

I find it convenient to have some small notes.

The 1000s are there for a night out, weekly Tesco and all those other bills that are often units of 1000s and of significant value.

The M/C taxis and baht buses don't like to change 1000s either.... annoyed.gif

Also beats being that dick-head in-front buying a packet of chewing gum or a bottle of water with a 1000 baht note in the 7-11!

Edited by jacko45k